Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XX (LGC XX) 20170617

Martin_Arildsson

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

It's finally time for a new round of Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge, and we're now holding it for the 20th time!

Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XX

2017-06-17

General information:

Important dates and times:

Latest entry submission is: 2017-06-10 you can send your entry request to us, either via email, Facebook or by calling us.

You can contact Arne at arne_w_persson@hotmail.com or +46708182246.

Martin at martin.arildsson@gmail.com or +46705124699.

The contest will start at 11:00.

Weigh in will be between 9:30-11:00

Starting fee:

200 SEK.

Scoring system:

The best performance in the event is awarded 100 points. All other lifters’ performances are divided by the best performance and then multiplied by 100 for their score.

For example if Lifter A lifts 90 kg and this is the best lift in his/her division, he gets 100 points for his lift. If Lifter B lifts 87 kg, his score is figured like so: 100 X 87/90 = 96.667.

Weight Classes:

Men: 59k, 66k, 74k, 83k, 93k, 105k, 120k, 120k+

Women: 47k, 52k, 57k, 63k, 72k, 84k, 84k+

Master's: Age brackets 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+.

Miscellaneous:

Calibrated scales and weights will be used.

Only approved chalk may be used by the competitors.

No strapping of wrists, hands or arms is allowed (unless approved beforehand in light of injuries).

Lifting belts and knee supports are permitted.

The rising bar principle will be used with 4 attempts. Starting weights will be submitted by the competitors and the lowest starting weight will be used first. After this the second lowest weight will be used. If you fail at a weight you can not go down in weight for your next attempt. You can only request the same weight or a higher weight for your next attempt.
Both hands will be tested on the Hand Grippers and the Supination/Pronation leverage bar.
The smallest weight increment is 0,5 kg (0,125 kg for the wrist event).

The contest is limited to 12 contestants.

Events

Hand Grippers

The gripper can be "set" with the off hand by pre-positioning the handles with the off-hand. The lifter must show a clear view of the Gripper handle, and pass a 20 mm block between the handles with the off hand. If the view is blocked by the lifter so the referee can’t view the attempt, the lifter’s attempt does not count and he/she can try again without losing their turn.

NOTE: Spring must be facing up. The gripper is to be closed until the handles are clearly touching. No contact can be made with the gripping hand or the gripping arm from the elbow down with the free hand once the close has begun. The entire set and close must be clearly visible to the referee. The close finishes on the referees signal. At no time should the judge touch the hand or forearm of the athlete making an attempt on the gripper.

List of availabe RGC rated grippers:

Martin’s

74 - CoC #1

83 - CoC #1.5

101 - CoC #2

125 - CoC #2.5

141 - CoC #3

146 - CoC #3

152 - CoC #3

156 MM1 Repl.

162 MM2 Repl.

175 - CoC #3.5

179 MM3 Repl.

180 - CoC #3.5

186 MM4 Repl.

190 MM5 Repl.

190 - CoC #3.5

196 MM6 Repl.

198 MM7 Repl.

198 BBSE

201 MM8 Repl.

208 - CoC #4

214 - CoC #4

Mikael’s

110 - CoC #2

124 - CoC #2.5

131 - CoC #2.5

137 - CoC #3

145 - CoC #3

149 - CoC #3

Two Handed Pinch Lift

Legal Lift Requirements: The athlete must lift the apparatus in a Double Overhand Pinch Grip and touch the loading bar to the cross-bar, which sits 42 cm (16.5 inches) high, measured to the bottom of the stick. The lifter does not have to be erect upon completion of the attempt.
The athlete's hands may not be separated by more than 7,62 cm (3 inches) between the index fingers during the lift.
Because this is a quick lift based on friction, there is no referee's down signal. The referee, however, must be ready to judge that the loading bar makes proper contact with with the cross bar during each attempt.
The lifter must lower the weight under control. If the outer discs accidentally touch the stick before the bar itself, referee’s discretion will be used to judge whether the correct height was attained. Pinch gripping the discs using an unorthodox underhand grip will not be allowed.

NOTE: The width of the pinch apparatus is adjustable to suit different sized hands. Before the event starts, you will be given the opportunity to try it and find your best width. The competitor can choose to use 44, 54 or 64 mm on the pinch apparatus. We will not change the width from lift to lift, instead the same width will be used until all the lifters are done with the width of their choosing. The starting order will be decided on the day of the contest.

Axle Deadlift

The axle must be grasped in a double overhand (both hands pronated) grip (Hook Grip is not permitted). A conventional or sumo stance is permitted. The axle must be lifted to a full lock-out, with the knees locked in a straight position and the shoulders back, and the athlete standing erect. The judge will then signal the athlete to return the bar to the floor with a downward movement of the arm and the audible command "Down".

Clearing the floor with one or both sides of the axle will count as an attempt. Once the attempt has begun no downward movement of the axle, nor re-bending of the knees, is allowed until the athlete reaches the lock-out position. It is permissible for the axle to settle as the athlete pulls his shoulders back and relaxes his shrugged shoulders.
Supporting the bar on the thighs before the "Down" command is not permitted.
Stepping backward or forward or moving the feet laterally before the "Down" command is not permitted.
Rocking the feet between the ball and the heel is permitted.

Both hands must be in contact with the axle as it is returned to the platform.

Wrist Supination/Pronation Levering

The bar is to be held at the far end, it must not stick out below the pinky finger.

The forearm is the placed on the surface with the palm facing down (pronated position), with the bar resting in horizontal position. From this position the competitor will start the lift by rotating the hand outwards (supination) under control until the palm is facing upwards and the bar is resting in horizontal position. After the referee has given a start command the competitor will rotate the bar back to it’s starting position under control.

NOTE: The forarm must be in touch with the surface during the lift. Excessive tilting backwards or forwards will disqualify the attempt

• Like 6

Nice, Martin! Is there an example Video for the wrist Event?

• Like 1

On 2017-02-22 at 4:34 PM, Florian Kellersmann said:

Nice, Martin! Is there an example Video for the wrist Event?

Arne demonstrated it the last time the competition was held. I assume it's the same event this time based on the description. Here's the video: 

• Like 2

Below we have the participants:

Peter Karlsson
Håkan Carlsson
Oscar Bertrandsson
Hugo Karlsson
Mikael Siversson
Björn Ståhl
Martin Arildsson
David Wigren
Markus Eklund
Kalle Lane
Mario Sjögren
Anders Lindbladh

• Like 4

Can we take a step back and recognize this is the 20th (!!!) year of this contest 😲 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 2

Strong line up this year! Can't wait to see what numbers Kalle, Håkan and Marcus are going to pull on the axle! And if Martin can still close super tough grippers and pinch a ton!

• Like 1

If I remember correctly the length of the entire bar is 65 cm and the weights starts at about 50 cm from the end? And it's a fairly light bar? Maybe made from aluminum?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Indeed a very strong lineup.

@Martin_Arildsson do you know the dimensions of the leverage bar you're going to use in the wrist event?

Arne and David saved me :)

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this competition. I wish to withdraw :( 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-03-31 at 7:58 PM, David_wigren said:

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this competition. I wish to withdraw :( 

Sorry to hear that David, until next time!

• 1 month later...

Due to a couple of last minute drop outs we have two spots available!

I might add that this will be the first time the axle deadlift is contested in Sweden under the umbrella of NAGS. 

• Like 1

Greetings fellow human beings. 

The finalized lineup is...  *drum roll*

Peter Karlsson
Oscar Bertrandsson
Hugo Karlsson
Mikael Siversson
Björn Ståhl
Martin Arildsson
Kalle Lane
John Andersson
Otto Hälje

Apparently I was wrong... Here's the lineup :

Oscar Bertrandsson
Hugo Karlsson
Mikael Siversson
Björn Ståhl
Martin Arildsson
Kalle Lane
John Andersson
Otto Hälje

Edited by Martin_Arildsson
  • Like 1

Didn't Kalle pull like 300kg+ on the one hand lift in '03 or '04?!

I had no idea he's still around the grip scene .

Kalle pulled 190k in the axle in competition in the US a few months ago. I doubt he trains grippers at all as there is no carry-over to strongman comps.

Btw I expect to win this comp as long as the results list is held upside down:).

Off to Löddeköpinge in an hour. Weighed 73.3k this morning so I should not have any problems with the 74k limit. Thickbar training has been good leading up the comp so I should have a decent chance pulling 140k. Might go 130, 137.5, 141 or starting with 135 if it feels good during warm-up. Pinch training has been bad to put it mildly but did improve over the last two weeks. I have no high expectations in the 2HP and would be happy getting even close to my comp pr of 85.30k. Grippers I am aiming for 141+124 which is what I got last competition in 2015. The supination/pronation event is not something I look forward to as my right wrist has been off. Would be very happy if can equal my comp pr from last time.

Edited by Mikael Siversson
  • Like 2

Congratulations Martin! Any pictures and videos from the event?

• Like 1