Ultimate goal, number four

MikaT

Hello. I just did put name in MM1-queue, and think this is good moment to start to write training journal. Now I have light week, and actually got some flu but next week I will start lights out again. 

Feb. 17th

Squat with belt 140kg*5*7

grippers (between squat sets)                right hand:MMS 148 CoC3: 1, 1, 1, 5.                       Right hand:MMS 158: fail,fail

left hand:MMS 158 CoC3: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1  left hand:MMS 148 CoC3: 9

One Arm Little Ring-Lift.  Right hand 6*50kg I put five kilos more every week now. It is now 4,5months from biceps surgery.

60mm Revolving Handle , left hand only                                58kg*4,  68kg*1,  78kg*1

Plank                                                               25kg*10sek*4

I put here some of my videos. And I would be very pleased if you subscribe my channel. Because I did show one of my videos to my wife, and she asked "does somebody really watch these videos" I said, "No not really, but maybe some day, some will"

Edited by MikaT
  • Like 2

Feb 23th

First workout in this week. Light week in gym, but some heavy singles with right hand grippers and little bit bending. Grippers with right hand only, because I don't want to push my left too hard, because we have Finnish Rolling Thunder Championships elimination in next sunday and I want to hit 85kg there. 85kg is actually eeight to qualifying to final.

Squat 3*5*100kg

Pulldown 20*42,5kg

Plank push-ups 6*25kg

righthand grippers

156rgc coc3 MMS/ 1,1, f, 1, 1 its going better every time

bending

Iron Grip World 120kg with triple pads, Ironmind Red Nail with triple pads,

St. Croix Forge 6*18mm Horse Shoe 

It was good bending session :)

IMG_7964.JPG

Edited by MikaT

Great to see that you started a log. I'm a gripper nut also so I will definitely be following along. Is the ultimate goal the COC #4? That is awesome if it is. At my peak, I closed 2 lighter older #4s but life and injury got in the way so I'm trying to return to that level. I hope we both reach it. 

22 minutes ago, Chez said:

Great to see that you started a log. I'm a gripper nut also so I will definitely be following along. Is the ultimate goal the COC #4? That is awesome if it is. At my peak, I closed 2 lighter older #4s but life and injury got in the way so I'm trying to return to that level. I hope we both reach it. 

Thank you. Yes, COC#4, it is definitely my ultimate goal. Someday I will crush it. And I am sure you will reach it again. I have #4 which RGC is 198, and it is my goal. I know it is lighter than average, but I have to do much work and long time, before it is time to crush it :) 

2 minutes ago, MikaT said:

Thank you. Yes, COC#4, it is definitely my ultimate goal. Someday I will crush it. And I am sure you will reach it again. I have #4 which RGC is 198, and it is my goal. I know it is lighter than average, but I have to do much work and long time, before it is time to crush it :) 

The heavy of the two I closed was 199. I plan on coming back stronger than before and closing over 200 this time. Good Luck. We got this!

• Like 1

I subscribed to your YouTube channel today. My goal is to close the CoC 3, your channel is very inspiring to me.

• Like 1

25th Feb

Rolling Thunder elimination was removed so I tried some one-arm lifts. 

25mm(a.1")-handle

up to 250kg+setup

Ironmind R-Ring

tried 200kg but failed and ring ripped skin of my hand. I dont do these before MM-cert anymore, too dangerous for skins. 

27th Feb

squat, no belt

9*112,5kg,115kg,117,5kg,117,5kg

tried grippers between squat sets

4 singles with 148# both hand

bench press

8*80kg 3*6*100kg second bench workout in six months :)

one hand pinch 50mm (a.2")

2*1*30kg 2*1*35kg 1*37,5kg 1*40kg 1*42,5kg.    Fail both hands 45kg  1*45kg right

Pendley row

5*6*60kg

plank

2*4*10sec*30kg

grippers, straphold (weight 620g)

CoC 148  right hand 5sec,5sec,fail

CoC 148 left hand 6sec

28th Feb

CoC 148 one singles, both hand

CoC 158 2*1 left

CoC 156 Four reps attempt left hand. Only first and second reps was closed.

Now my hands need some rest couple of days. Next grippers workout maybe sunday or monday.  Three workouts in four days is too much for my hands. 😂

• 2 weeks later...

I have some problems with wrist. I can do rolling handles, pinch and everything elsr, but my right hand does not work with grippers. Maybe two weeks off from grippers is good idea now.

Sorry to hear that buddy. I have had a few issues like that along the way. Hope you are back at it soon.