Struggle to pin opponent.

Nathan9

Hello, lately when armwrestling people I seem to be much stronger in the middle position and can hold them all day, but when I try pinning them I struggle to finish them off.. Why is this? All my training is kind of light weight and full range of motion with no isometric emphasis. This is when armwrestling against bigger guys without an armwrestling table when you cannot lean to the side so mostly arm work.

If you post a Video maybe someone could you give some advice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nathan9 said:

Why would I need a video? The question is simple. I can easily hold people in the center, but when trying to pin, i struggle.

I guess you know where you need to improve then. Are you hooking, top rolling or pressing? Do you use mainly back pressure or pure side pressure? Are you controlling opponents hand, rotation etc.? Do you lose form when trying to pin or lack power and technique?

If it's easy to hold people in the center then let them tire themselves out and try to pin them when they are tired while you stay fresh. It should make pinning them easier.

And don't give up, you win by pinning your opponent. Stay safe.

When you practice, focus on your weak areas. Spend time in that position to develop strength there. Also, work on different methods of pinning while in that position. For example, if you can't finish the pin with side pressure, learn how to shoulder/tricep press your opponent's arm to the pad.

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2017 at 0:22 AM, Nathan9 said:

Why would I need a video? The question is simple. I can easily hold people in the center, but when trying to pin, i struggle.

Your explanation is too vague and as Tedch said there is so much more specifics that are needed to answer the question accurately. Florian asking for video is more than reasonable considering his AW knowledge. Be humble when asking questions like this especially if you are new to the sport; people will be more willing to help.  

When I started I was all inside puller and would be strong enough to hold people in a winning position to pin them as an anateur but being able to transition to press in a winning position without losing pressure was awkward at first. When it became smooth I was able to pin people much easier. Pressing out of toproll when you have exposed your position/arm is definitely much more difficult and harder. So if you have a video of what most of your matches look like someone could give you a better answer. It may be a technical or strength issue. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2017 at 9:22 AM, Nathan9 said:

Dude do you need help or not? He just wants to help you out. Don't worry he won't post the video for his friends.

Edit: Maybe also words over the internet seems harsh while you didn't mean any disrespect? 

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1