Didn't realise...

LAINE SNOOK

Hey Laine.

Talking about training is totally cool.  

The board just expects video evidence of any world class feats.

The problem in your case is...everything you do is "world class."  

We'd pretty much have to tape you 24 hours a day. :rock:bow

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Hey Laine.

Talking about training is totally cool.  

The board just expects video evidence of any world class feats.

The problem in your case is...everything you do is "world class."  

We'd pretty much have to tape you 24 hours a day. :rock:bow

I didn't know I had done anything wrong - and, as dull as it might sound, I didn't think I had claimed to have done anything that special...I still think I'm at the bottom of the hill in terms of pinch grip.  Believe me, there's nothing world class about me - I'm just me.

Good luck with your training.

Laine

1 minute ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

I didn't know I had done anything wrong - and, as dull as it might sound, I didn't think I had claimed to have done anything that special...I still think I'm at the bottom of the hill in terms of pinch grip.  Believe me, there's nothing world class about me - I'm just me.

Laine

The Blockbuster World Record is currently 46.6kg. So saying that you can do 10x5@45kg (plus pin and block) is basically saying you can easily beat the world record. We know you are world class, but such an incredible claim must have support.

13 minutes ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Laine

Laine although this isn't a lot of actual weight, the blockbuster is a tough cookie, very slippy and holds very little chalk so what you are doing is super tough. Would love to see it on video big fella.

Laine I trust every word you say. Same goes to all I assume. I will repeat again, your C&J of the Blobzilla way back in 2007/2008 was and still is one of the best grip feats. The cleanest one hand clean of the Inch Dumbbell was done by you. The one and only double millennium dumbbell lift also (did anyone else joined this list? I doubt it). The first and only 6 6KG's too? You are certified CoC too. Juha Harju too can testify to you strength. But like everyone said, your normal training is World Class for most people if not all people in the pinch and thick bar. Heck you repped the RT at 300 pounds and did 330+ lifts too. Jedd believes you of course but because recently a topic was closed for the same reason, he is just being fair to all.

33 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Laine although this isn't a lot of actual weight, the blockbuster is a tough cookie, very slippy and holds very little chalk so what you are doing is super tough. Would love to see it on video big fella.

Hi Paul,

Yes,  the Blockbuster is a slippery devil!  I mostly use 2x 10kg plates with a 5kg sandwiched in-between them, and clamp them together with a pair of bulldog collars - I then add weight to the thing - I find this harder to use than a blockbuster, the plates are powder coated and they are very sharp on the edges - makes a girl cry!!  I use this a lot, and find it a real challenge when it gets heavy.  The set up is 3" wide. I use my modified blob and add weight to it, I did ask about a heavier legacy dumbbell - there is a 150lbs one, so there might be a 70kg one made, I have emailed bodypower to see if they can get one in for me - then I can chop it up and see what happens...

Laine

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hi Paul,

Yes,  the Blockbuster is a slippery devil!  I mostly use 2x 10kg plates with a 5kg sandwiched in-between them, and clamp them together with a pair of bulldog collars - I then add weight to the thing - I find this harder to use than a blockbuster, the plates are powder coated and they are very sharp on the edges - makes a girl cry!!  I use this a lot, and find it a real challenge when it gets heavy.  The set up is 3" wide. I use my modified blob and add weight to it, I did ask about a heavier legacy dumbbell - there is a 150lbs one, so there might be a 70kg one made, I have emailed bodypower to see if they can get one in for me - then I can chop it up and see what happens...

Laine

:rock:rock:rock 

14 minutes ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hi Paul,

Laine

Well thank you for the motivation, I've aimed for a 50kg lift on the blockbuster by an competition in may. Very helpful to know this is more than possible! Love to read of your training Laine, the very easy throw and catch of the inch dumbbell, and 6 5kg plate pinch whilst they were dripping with condensation i witnessed you do were probably the two most amazing strength feats I've personally seen. 

Good luck with the monster blob and anything else you are working on.

Laine,

Please don't take the closed topic the wrong way.  I closed it out of consistency, since Paul Savage's also got closed.

It's an old rule that many don't know about it.  I believe the only place it's not enforced is the Workout Logs section.

Please don't stop posting about training.  I think a lot of us get great motiviation seeing you post.

Jedd

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Laine,

Please don't take the closed topic the wrong way.  I closed it out of consistency, since Paul Savage's also got closed.

It's an old rule that many don't know about it.  I believe the only place it's not enforced is the Workout Logs section.

Please don't stop posting about training.  I think a lot of us get great motiviation seeing you post.

Jedd

Hi Jedd,

No problem - I don't want to do the wrong thing that's all.  

Laine

I say post a log! I read a post of yours on the ironmind forum. You are a gold mine of information. You are highly respected too. 

• Like 3