Finally Got a 50lb Fatman!

Boulderbrew

I finally got a chance to try the Fatman! So psyched to lift this on my first try. Wide pinch is definitely more my style.....now if only my narrow pinch power could catch up. 

• Like 11

Good lord, son. We need to get you on a Blobzilla ASAP.

• Like 1

Great lift dude. Congrats!

Edited by Chez

Very impressive especially because it had No chalk seasoning on it when he received it so it is still fairly slick from the paint. Great lift! How long are your hands from wrist crease to longest fingertip?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, acromegaman said:

Very impressive especially because it had No chalk seasoning on it when he received it so it is still fairly slick from the paint. Great lift! How long are your hands from wrist crease to longest fingertip?

It certainly was pretty slick. I have never felt any other York blobs, so I didn't really have a point of reference. My hands are about 8.5in from wrist crease to middle finger tip. Thanks for the props guys!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

It certainly was pretty slick. I have never felt any other York blobs, so I didn't really have a point of reference. My hands are about 8.5in from wrist crease to middle finger tip. Thanks for the props guys!

Perfect sport for your hands then 😉 The blob will get easier with use as it gradually gets seasoned with chalk.

I may have big hands, but I attempted a face lift today on the fatman and was not very close. It blows my mind that people can do that haha. Something to train for!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I may have big hands, but I attempted a face lift today on the fatman and was not very close. It blows my mind that people can do that haha. Something to train for!

Takes some finesse and getting used to. Put your thumb on the flat side too. You'll definitely wanna get some chalk stuck on there too. I got my first face lift yesterday. Be careful not to overdo it and rip off a chunk of thumb skin like a did when attempting a few weeks ago. Seems you've definitely got the strength and hand size to get it down one of these days. 

5 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

Takes some finesse and getting used to. Put your thumb on the flat side too. You'll definitely wanna get some chalk stuck on there too. I got my first face lift yesterday. Be careful not to overdo it and rip off a chunk of thumb skin like a did when attempting a few weeks ago. Seems you've definitely got the strength and hand size to get it down one of these days. 

Wow that's awesome! Congrats. I'll keep working at it. You are right about thumb webbing skin.....mine is pretty sore after one session. 

• Like 1

And you joined the gripboard Jan 12?! God your grip is so strong! All those rock climbing helped you a lot it seems. Keep doing all these man you might lift the blobzilla soon.

• Like 1