Jedd Johnson

Double 20K Hub Lift  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Good Lift or Not?

• Good Lift
    • No Lift

This poll is closed to new votes

1. Chalk only

2.Lift must be locked out with back erect.

3. Lift must be followed down

• Like 4

Jedd...I'd like some clarification on what "Lift must be followed down" means.

Since he demonstrated obvious dominance of the lift...with a pause at the top...I was surprised to see a "fail" vote.

Rewinding several times, I noticed that he let go/lost it with his left hand, just before hitting the ground.

Often people let go right there to try and protect the hand from rebound...and often it is unconscious.

I think that someone could possibly vote "fail" believing they are using a proper interpretation of the rule...but also believing the lift was good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anwnate said:

Jedd...I'd like some clarification on what "Lift must be followed down" means.

Since he demonstrated obvious dominance of the lift...with a pause at the top...I was surprised to see a "fail" vote.

Rewinding several times, I noticed that he let go/lost it with his left hand, just before hitting the ground.

Often people let go right there to try and protect the hand from rebound...and often it is unconscious.

I think that someone could possibly vote "fail" believing they are using a proper interpretation of the rule...but also believing the lift was good.

Agree with @anwnate that it was probably not a loss of control but just protecting the hands. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

Agree with @anwnate that it was probably not a loss of control but just protecting the hands. 

I won't fail anyone for releasing 2 inches from the floor on purpose.  If you've ever gotten bitten by a hub or a block weight when it bounced on a rubber mat, you'll know how bad it can hurt.

The "follow it down" rule isn't mine, however.  That got put in after I stopped being the dedicated feats lists guy.

• Like 2

I've never followed a plate hub all the way to the floor, and don't plan on it either.

Seems legit it me. It will hurt if it bounces back. 

Few more votes please.