New IM rednail (Imp singles)

Josh O'Dell

Buccos1 sent me a new rednail in the mail to try, I received it today and must say there a good bit harder than the reds I remember from a few years back! Seem to be alot shinier also. Thanks for sending this to me buddy ! Here's the video. 

Edited by Josh O'Dell
  • Like 6

Nice work!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

Nice work!

Thanks buddy !

Good job man!

The more I read about the new reds, the more I stress myself! Certification attempt is scheduled on 25th February and I've never touched any new ones. I'll have to put all my might that day !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joefrey said:

Good job man!

The more I read about the new reds, the more I stress myself! Certification attempt is scheduled on 25th February and I've never touched any new ones. I'll have to put all my might that day !

Have you bent a bastard ? I'd say it's around that ballpark. And don't stress to much you will get it!!

Thank you man !

I bought yellow, blue and red nails in 2013. I've bent 9 red's in cert conditions last 2 months (all bent in 20 to 50 seconds; 30mm spread between legs). I bend S8 from Silvis more easily than red's (the 180 mm ones).

We'll see what I can do !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joefrey said:

Thank you man !

I bought yellow, blue and red nails in 2013. I've bent 9 red's in cert conditions last 2 months (all bent in 20 to 50 seconds; 30mm spread between legs). I bend S8 from Silvis more easily than red's (the 180 mm ones).

We'll see what I can do !

Good job! I have never tried the Silvis steel, just make sure you are completely rested and take some warm up steel before your official attempt! When I certed I bent the red in 7sec. I'm not sure how fast I would've bent the new ones back then haha.

I've cut 1cm (3/8 inch) off a Silvis S8. Took me 33 sec to bend it. Clearly much harder than an old red. Got some reassurance about the cert !:happy Maybe I'll do the same with the last red I have.

Edited by Joefrey
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Joefrey said:

I've cut 1cm (3/8 inch) off a Silvis S8. Took me 33 sec to bend it. Clearly much harder than an old red. Got some reassurance about the cert !:happy Maybe I'll do the same with the last red I have.

The most brutal thing I ever did with a red with bend it cut at 5 1/2in

On February 15, 2017 at 5:45 AM, Joefrey said:

Don't worry too much about it.  They are definitely harder than the older Reds, but with injury-free training and proper rest leading up to cert-day, cert. adrenaline should give you the extra edge to take it down (if you're in the realm of 440-450lbs.).  On my cert day, I couldn't even feel my hands (or the bar) I was so amped up.  I actually thought it was a Yellow, mistakenly wrapped up instead of the Red.  :laugh  Good luck with the cert. and kill it!

• Like 2

Thank you man! Yesterday's bending session was OK. It was the last one before cert (I bend once a week) so I should get proper recovering.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nice work!

Don't worry about the new reds guys, just kill it.