New red nail rating?

wobbler

I've seen discussion here and there, but has anyone rated one yet?

Trying to decide if I should order some now. Finished a 120kg iron grip bar in single imps in 2 minutes yesterday, and got a good kink in a 140 but left it for later, ran out of steam.

Compiling some estimates in one place would be good also.

I've got some of the new ones. I could put 2 in an envelope for yah. I think about 3-4 Stamps would get it there.

• Like 1

Thanks man, you definitely don't have to, but I wouldn't say no. I have some bastards and I think I'm about ready to give those a shot. We'll see where I hit a wall with this irongrip stuff.

I haven't heard of any rated yet, but my best estimate (after having bent probably a dozen new ones) would be 455-465.  The most interesting thing with these newer ones is that they feel a lot like drill rod throughout all of the stages of the bend.

I wish I was set-up to rate ... would definitely be getting some numbers on these. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

I haven't heard of any rated yet, but my best estimate (after having bent probably a dozen new ones) would be 455-465.  The most interesting thing with these newer ones is that they feel a lot like drill rod throughout all of the stages of the bend.

I wish I was set-up to rate ... would definitely be getting some numbers on these. 

Agreed, I would say around 450.

• Like 1

I'd like to try one, are they spiral?

6 hours ago, Josh O'Dell said:

I'd like to try one, are they spiral?

They are not spiral.  Almost drill rod-like.  PM me your address and I'll send you one.

Sounds fun! Thanks buddy

So 450 lbs or a bit more is the concensus, good to know, equivalent to a 150kg bar.

I hear the new ones are much harder, but I also thought common knowledge for years has been yellow nail 75kg, red nail 150kg.

Like @Buccos1 said, they seem like something other than CRS. Drill Rod or some high-carbon steel. 

Drill rod that size would be a big step up.

I've bent a ton of 21/64 x 7" drill rod over the years, and it seems most like 21/64 @ 465.  Almost every bend (aside from 2 that I got pretty amped for) took 30-40+ seconds and fought the entire way (like drill rod).  Definitely haven't seen Reds like these in a long time (if ever)!

11 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

I've bent a ton of 21/64 x 7" drill rod over the years, and it seems most like 21/64 @ 465.  Almost every bend (aside from 2 that I got pretty amped for) took 30-40+ seconds and fought the entire way (like drill rod).  Definitely haven't seen Reds like these in a long time (if ever)!

I started bending drill rod before I took a few years off, EJ sent me some and I still have it. I have a bar he wanted me to try and cert on bbf I'd still like to try.