Tips Tester Front Lever/One Arm Pull-up

Boulderbrew

Had fun today just messing around with some body weight training in the shed 

• Like 16

I will be honest, I never imagined anyone would be able to do an OAC or even a 1-arm dead hang on this device.

• Like 1

That's amazing!

1 hour ago, Squeezus said:

I will be honest, I never imagined anyone would be able to do an OAC or even a 1-arm dead hang on this device.

Thanks guys. To be fair, I only weigh 168lbs, and and I am definitely a one trick pony. Throw any other grip implement at me and I'm an instant noob haha. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Thanks guys. To be fair, I only weigh 168lbs, and and I am definitely a one trick pony. Throw any other grip implement at me and I'm an instant noob haha. 

Maybe so - but it's one heck of a trick!  :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Squeezus said:

Did you ever consider training with the Tips Tester as a pull-up device? I just bought the stirrup from you, and I noticed you suggested getting a pair to do pull ups and deadlifts. Just a thought, because the Tips Tester really does feel nice in the hands during pull-ups and chin-ups. Curious if anyone else has tried this 

5 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

Did you ever consider training with the Tips Tester as a pull-up device? I just bought the stirrup from you, and I noticed you suggested getting a pair to do pull ups and deadlifts. Just a thought, because the Tips Tester really does feel nice in the hands during pull-ups and chin-ups. Curious if anyone else has tried this 

I have done some pull ups with it, but only as a test and not as a training regimen. I weigh 200+ so a regular pull up is awkward and a one hand pull up is out of the question.

Thats sick..... ive never tried this but that just looks crazy. Have you tried a oac on the rolling thunder (or multiple)??

1 hour ago, jvance said:

Thats sick..... ive never tried this but that just looks crazy. Have you tried a oac on the rolling thunder (or multiple)??

Thanks man. There is a video on my YouTube channel of me doing two one arms on a rolling thunder. I was totally cold when I shot that video (stupid), so that was by no means my max. On a pull up bar I used to be able to do 10 one arms when I was really into rock climbing training. Now my max is more like 6.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WestSlope said:

Now...when is your vid of your 240 lb Stirrup pull coming?

I just bought the stirrup yesterday. When it gets to my house I will attempt a 1RM...240lbs seems extremely ambitious. I feel like I should be able to pull well over my body weight, but we'll see

Woahh!! Two super impressive feats! Well done!

On 3.2.2017 at 5:51 PM, WestSlope said:

The Stirrup would benefit from a radius at the leading edge. If a section of rectangular or square tube steel was dissected so that the corners were used as the crimping surface it would be so much more fun. As it is, for me, it is an exercise in pinky skin management first and finger strength testing second.

I absolutely second that! Had three sessions with it and got each stopped by a cut...

@Squeezus: Have you ever thought about a smiliar implement like the Stirrup, but for an open hand position? -> Like a Tipps Tester without the thumb... So something like a mixture of the Stirrup and the Tipps Tester?

On 2/2/2017 at 11:17 PM, Boulderbrew said:

So humble.  I am a No trick pony.  

• Like 1

awesome dude! very strong! I haven't been here much lately but I see you are mm0 too, most climbers I've met have good open hand grip but lack the crushing grip component. Great job! Look forward to seeing you progressing even more in grip sport.  

On 2/3/2017 at 10:15 AM, Cannon said:

Really amazing!  Does @Evan Raftopoulos have a tips tester?

haha I don't have the device but if someone can lift more than body weight with one hand and can do one arm chin then they should be able to do it. 

On 2/3/2017 at 7:02 AM, Squeezus said:

I heard that Rob V. Did one hand pull up on an RT while holding the blob on the other hand.

BoulderBrew. well done!

On 2/5/2017 at 9:51 AM, camz said:

I absolutely second that! Had three sessions with it and got each stopped by a cut...

@Squeezus: Have you ever thought about a smiliar implement like the Stirrup, but for an open hand position? -> Like a Tipps Tester without the thumb... So something like a mixture of the Stirrup and the Tipps Tester?

Sorry it took me forever to get to this, but it's a funny story about the Stirrup actually. I designed it as a dynamic thumb training device before I figured out its application as a open hand fingertip training tool. I have been meaning to make a video showing the different uses with it, but I haven't found the time yet. I could make modifications to the Stirrup to make it better for open hand heavy pulling, but they would limit how effectively you could train pinch. I recommend only using The Stirrup as an accessory training device, but I know you guys are still going to push yourselves to the limit.

As far as a thumbless Tips Tester, I can make *anything*. If you give me a more precise idea of what you want and I can make it happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Squeezus said:

Sorry it took me forever to get to this, but it's a funny story about the Stirrup actually. I designed it as a dynamic thumb training device before I figured out its application as a open hand fingertip training tool. I have been meaning to make a video showing the different uses with it, but I haven't found the time yet. I could make modifications to the Stirrup to make it better for open hand heavy pulling, but they would limit how effectively you could train pinch. I recommend only using The Stirrup as an accessory training device, but I know you guys are still going to push yourselves to the limit.

As far as a thumbless Tips Tester, I can make *anything*. If you give me a more precise idea of what you want and I can make it happen.

I've actually experimented with the tips tester without using thumb like 2 or 3 times. You really feel it working the fingertips. It feels kind of awkward but probably just takes some getting used to. I was just curious one day when I was gonna go heavy and fooled around thumbless with warm up sets. I was able to work up to like 45ish lbs less than my max with thumb.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

I heard that Rob V. Did one hand pull up on an RT while holding the blob on the other hand.

BoulderBrew. well done!

That is one hell of a feat! Maybe one day....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...