203.4lbs Tips Tester

Boulderbrew

I got a scale in the mail today and worked up to a heavy single on the Tips Tester. Feels good to train within my grip specialty (finger based static holds).  I am still so embarrassingly bad at the flask. Had to follow up this Tips Tester attempt with some serious 1HP training. 

• Like 7

Nice :rock How much two handed?

Extremely impressive!!

3 hours ago, jvance said:

Damn... thats over the record by quite a bit i think. Whats your 1hp?

7 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Nice :rock How much two handed?

Well I don't have a Euro to test my true 1HP. My hands are pretty big at 10inches thumb to pinky, so I really struggle with the flask and have only managed 70lbs for a couple (max would not be much more in sure). I should probably chalk the flask better though. I just watched Gil's video, and my chalking needs improvement haha.

as for as my 2 hand with the Tips Tester.....uhh I really don't know I have never tried. I am only 168lbs and I don't lift weights, so I feel like my inability to deadlift heavy weights would be a limiting factor 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boulderbrew said:

Well I don't have a Euro to test my true 1HP. My hands are pretty big at 10inches thumb to pinky, so I really struggle with the flask and have only managed 70lbs for a couple (max would not be much more in sure). I should probably chalk the flask better though. I just watched Gil's video, and my chalking needs improvement haha.

as for as my 2 hand with the Tips Tester.....uhh I really don't know I have never tried. I am only 168lbs and I don't lift weights, so I feel like my inability to deadlift heavy weights would be a limiting factor 😆

So, you're worried that you're hands might be good for more than your body can lift...a problem lots of gripsters would like to have! :)  Two-hand record for the tips tester is approx 381lbs, I think. Go for it!

Definitely in the same boat as you with pinching the flask, I can manage 75lbs, hands are 10.5" thumb to pinky.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gabriel O'Keeffe said:

So, you're worried that you're hands might be good for more than your body can lift...a problem lots of gripsters would like to have! :)  Two-hand record for the tips tester is approx 381lbs, I think. Go for it!

Definitely in the same boat as you with pinching the flask, I can manage 75lbs, hands are 10.5" thumb to pinky.

Haha As sad is it is, 381 is probably a max deadlift if I tried...hopefully not. I guess I'll find out. Will update if I'm not snapped in half....smh

• Like 2

Strong lift!

Don't forget that lifting with a loading-pin is easier than a classic deadlift since the ROM is smaller.

• Like 1

Gripsters and there stronger hands than back lol. True and I agree to some point. But as Fist of Fury said, This will be easier. 

15 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Strong lift!

Don't forget that lifting with a loading-pin is easier than a classic deadlift since the ROM is smaller.

Have to disagree- you think Dave Labbe can only deadlift 381 as he did on 2 hand Tips Tester? or Gil Goodman only deadlift 342 as he did on tips tester? they can do much more on Deadlift than 2 hand tips tester. SMH LOL

11 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Have to disagree- you think Dave Labbe can only deadlift 381 as he did on 2 hand Tips Tester? or Gil Goodman only deadlift 342 as he did on tips tester? they can do much more on Deadlift than 2 hand tips tester. SMH LOL

Yes of course since their grip is not strong enough to lift more.

26 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

No you didn't understand. Lifting a full bar deadlift is harder on the BACK than lifting something from a smaller ROM like two hand pinch or others which are less ROM

• Like 1

Wow!  Impressive lift.  You are approaching numbers people only get with both hands!  By chance do you rock climb?  If not you might want to think about it - that kind of tips strength would make for a heck of a head start in climbing.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Wow!  Impressive lift.  You are approaching numbers people only get with both hands!  By chance do you rock climb?  If not you might want to think about it - that kind of tips strength would make for a heck of a head start in climbing.

You might say he's alright (V11): 

• Like 4

I had a feeling he climbed :)

Wow that you climbing?! Strong tips. Very strong!

On 1/31/2017 at 2:52 PM, Squeezus said:

You might say he's alright (V11): 

haha I dabble. I have videos of me doing more difficult than this, just have not got around to uploading them. I uploaded this video of Cutting the Habit because it was a pretty special climb to me. Jimmy Webb got the first ascent and called it V11. It went unrepeated for a long time despite many efforts, until my friend Brian Antheunisse got the second ascent and suggested an upgrade to V12. Shortly thereafter, I got the third ascent and confirmed V12. Since this video was posted I believe the climb has been done a few more times. One of the best lines in Arkansas without a doubt!

• Like 2