Deadlifting

thomas straub

i just started deadlifting at 250lbs not to much but i don't think any 14 could do that. my goal is to get to 500lbs double what i'm doing now, it may take a while but i will try my best.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thomas straub

• Strong Man

• JasonL

• Matt Van Weele

I think theres lots of 14 year olds that could do that. I did 345 when I was in 8th grade and 14 years old.

Thank you for that response Matt. My step son pulled 365 at an early 15. Of course-he probably still pulls that cause he cant stay consistant for more than a few weeks :dry

I pulled in the 300s at 14 as well-and I was all of 140 pounds.

Rick Walker :rock

I pulled 341, at a bodyweight of 122, as a tall, skinny 14 year old.

Keep on Pullin! It's good for you.

how many 14 yr olds are there in the world like you guys, probably not too many

Edited by Strong Man

I think theres lots of 14 year olds that could do that. I did 345 when I was in 8th grade and 14 years old.

how much can you do now

wow i never knew there was so many strong 14year olds. BUT did you just start out doing 300+ when you were 14?

Edited by thomas straub

how much can you do now

I haven't done it for max weight since I was a freshman. I pulled 405 or 410 conventional no gear that year. I see no need to max out in training. I have farmer walked with 200 in each hand for 200 feet first tome I tried. It was actually right after I was certified. I recently did 235 in each for 180 feet.

man your pretty strong :bow:bow

I'm nothing compared to most on this board. Look at Rick and 3Crusher doing 300+ in each hand weighing around 200.

Wait till you see the new vid. I sent wannagrip-350 an arm for 10+ feet. :D

Could have made it further but it was at the end of our session and the left hand just tore loose!

I am right at around 200. Somdays under, somedays over.

I might try 200 an arm and se how far I can go with it. 200 feet is quite good-

how much can you do now

I haven't done it for max weight since I was a freshman. I pulled 405 or 410 conventional no gear that year. I see no need to max out in training. I have farmer walked with 200 in each hand for 200 feet first tome I tried. It was actually right after I was certified. I recently did 235 in each for 180 feet.

i've only done farmers with dumbells, someday try your max and tell me :rock

wow rick your even stronger :rock

so how much can you deadlift?and how much did you do starting?

Edited by thomas straub

wow i never knew there was so many strong 14year olds. BUT did you just start out doing 300+ when you were 14?

nobody has answered me?

Thomas, when I pulled 341 I had been training hard and steady for about 5 months.

Thomas, when I pulled 341 I had been training hard and steady for about 5 months.

very impressive

When i was 14 i pulled 300 on my first try. I've never traine dbut just recently After Squating 3 people on my shoulders in a 4 foot pool, decided to start up squating and deadlifting agian. The people on my shulders were are 140-160. Wasnt to hard actually. Never maxed out of squat or deadlift before. I'm thinking of trying somtime.

When i was 14 i pulled 300 on my first try. I've never traine dbut just recently After Squating 3 people on my shoulders in a 4 foot pool, decided to start up squating and deadlifting agian. The people on my shulders were are 140-160. Wasnt to hard actually. Never maxed out of squat or deadlift before. I'm thinking of trying somtime.

wow impressive kit :yikes

i have only tried doing it to my brother and he weighs 185, i can do that pretty easily.

Edited by thomas straub

eric

that's really good. only 122lbs and DL 341 and only 5months of training, i can only do 250 and i'm 175lbs. But before those 5 months were you still in the 300's?

The video of the 350 an arm is up guys.

Squating 3 people on my shoulders in a 4 foot pool, The people on my shulders were are 140-160.

but kit if you were squating 3 people on your shoulder that weigh 160 each it would be 480, and in water its 10% of that which is 48lbs, but good job on lifting them on your shoulder.

Edited by thomas straub

The video of the 350 an arm is up guys.

great clip Rick!! :rock:rock

That is correct, But when the water level is 4 foot. Then everyone is not underwater, correct. Unless there vertically challenged. I would say it's easy to squat becuase the only body in the water was mine, they wherent touching the water when they were on my shoulders.

That is correct, But when the water level is 4 foot. Then everyone is not underwater, correct. Unless there vertically challenged. I would say it's easy to squat becuase the only body in the water was mine, they wherent touching the water when they were on my shoulders.

umm yes good point, but have you tried doing 480 on a bar.

Edited by thomas straub

Guest shovelboy

Ok, my turn to make everybody feel strong. I'm 26 and I just attempted my 1st 374. I failed. It doesn't matter how far off the ground I got it, I failed. I'll hit 400 this year, but I'm 26.