Wrist Wrench - 105.8lbs

Squeezus

Last night was my second session in this program cycle working with the Wrist Wrench. I decided to have a little fun and see where I was at. I am pleased with how even my hands are.

• Like 13

• 1 month later...

Really strong as always Gil. 

14 minutes ago, JamesG said:

Awesome lift! How many times a week are you hitting the wrist wrench/thick bar?

I don't really train thickbar a lot, but I did a 8 week cycle with wrist wrench once a week and it seemed to help that implement a good bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squeezus said:

I don't really train thickbar a lot, but I did a 8 week cycle with wrist wrench once a week and it seemed to help that implement a good bit.

Hello,

I have never seen or used a wrist wrench - what makes it so difficult?, and what size is the handle?

Please let me know,

Laine

18 minutes ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hello,

I have never seen or used a wrist wrench - what makes it so difficult?, and what size is the handle?

Please let me know,

Laine

It pulls hard on the thumb

5 minutes ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Mmmmmm....sounds like fun - in a punishing way!

Laine

Its been compared to the rotation of an inch DB. When i say it pulls, i mean it pulls. The device is brutal. Over 100 is no doubt elite. 

@LAINE SNOOK The Wrist Wrench handle is about 60mm. Because of the physics of having the strap that wraps around the opposite side of your fingers, the torque generated by the hanging weights is twice as much. So if you can pull 200lbs on the rolling thunder, you can pull approximately 100lbs on the Wrist Wrench. Of course Rolling Thunders vary pretty widely, so the relationship is very approximate. Here's a sketch to show you what I'm talking about.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7wW75KlOY4gNFRIWmQ0YUc3ZkE
Displaying 20170307_105026.jpg

Edited by Squeezus

8 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

@LAINE SNOOK The Wrist Wrench handle is about 60mm. Because of the physics of having the strap that wraps around the opposite side of your fingers, the torque generated by the hanging weights is twice as much. So if you can pull 200lbs on the rolling thunder, you can pull approximately 100lbs on the Wrist Wrench. Of course Rolling Thunders vary pretty widely, so the relationship is very approximate. Here's a sketch to show you what I'm talking about.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7wW75KlOY4gNFRIWmQ0YUc3ZkE
Displaying 20170307_105026.jpg

Thanks for that - are there different makes of them? - which would you recommend?  I think it would be a good idea if I got hold of one.

Thank you.

Laine

@LAINE SNOOK There are a few companies that sell them, but the original Wrist Wrench (https://www.facebook.com/wristwrench/) is what most people in the US use. This is the version I have and I like it. Probably the cheapest option for you, in terms of shipping, would be the Silarukov version (http://mrstronghands.com/silarukov_strap_handle_60mm). There are also a few people on the board, @Lucasraymond comes to mind,  that can make custom versions for you. I could make one as well.

2 hours ago, Squeezus said:

@LAINE SNOOK There are a few companies that sell them, but the original Wrist Wrench (https://www.facebook.com/wristwrench/) is what most people in the US use. This is the version I have and I like it. Probably the cheapest option for you, in terms of shipping, would be the Silarukov version (http://mrstronghands.com/silarukov_strap_handle_60mm). There are also a few people on the board, @Lucasraymond comes to mind,  that can make custom versions for you. I could make one as well.

Hi,

I spoke to the guy about a wrist wrench, he doesn't do them anymore - is there any chance you could locate one for me, I would like an American one even if it's used.

Please let me know.

Laine

Hi Gil,

I'd rather not take business from you so this offer is directed your way.  I have a slightly used original wrist wrench if you need it.  

15 minutes ago, Allen Heineck said:

Hi Gil,

I'd rather not take business from you so this offer is directed your way.  I have a slightly used original wrist wrench if you need it.  

Allen, I would like @LAINE SNOOK to have an original one if he can get his hands on it so he can compare to all the North American guys. I'm pretty curious what kind of insane numbers he can pull on it as well. 

46 minutes ago, Allen Heineck said:

Hi Gil,

Hi,

I'd really like an original wrist wrench - if you, or anyone else would be willing to sell me one I'd be most grateful - please let me know what you think.

Laine

1 hour ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hi,

I'd really like an original wrist wrench - if you, or anyone else would be willing to sell me one I'd be most grateful - please let me know what you think.

Laine

You can buy one on countrycrush.net as well as other goodies that might peak your interest.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:26 PM, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hello,

Please let me know,

Laine

The concept is almost like IronMind Holle-it-up dumbbell. You can use your thumbs or wrist power to stop the rotation. Squeezus gave a good sketch. Yes the original maker don't have one. If you didn't find it I can send you one for as long as you want and you can return it anytime you want.