Dumbbell Heavier Then The Millenium

steve0

A friend of mine who used to compete in strongman had this made.  The globe size 8 3/4", Handle thickness is 2 7/16 inches, 5 inches long, Weight 229.8lbs made out of ductile steel.  Below is a picture of it next to an inch dumbbell.  

I cant lift this and most likely will never be able to.  He has got some air with it (he can lift the inch).  I'm wondering how many people out there would be able to lift this monster.

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

Edited by steve0
Typo
  • Like 10

I wanna try it. How thick is the handle again? 2-7/16"?

• Like 2

2 7/8", I edited the post. He's planning on making limited runs if there is interest

1 hour ago, steve0 said:

2 7/8", I edited the post. He's planning on making limited runs if there is interest

Daggum, that's no joke. Maybe Durniat or Igor could pick it up.

• Like 1

Huge bell!
Does the same bell with the 4" handles be easier or harder or same?

• Like 1

Sorry for the typo. It's 2 7/16".  Carl280 is the creator and owner of the bell

IMG_0215.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Huge bell!
Does the same bell with the 4" handles be easier or harder or same

Try to lift it in the middle

with both sphere coming off at the ground at the same time can be a bit more of a challenge. Due to its Wait Unlike the inch .

Thanks blue balls

But it would feel the same just totally different weights

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carl280 said:

Yes to Handel's 2  7/16 where do you live?

Nashville, TN

• Like 1

Just so my future, more financially solvent self knows, how much would you want for one of these?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gabriel O'Keeffe said:

Just so my future, more financially solvent self knows, how much would you want for one of these?

Hello great question. I will post soon as I have the answer thank you

The henry bell is reported to be 300 +\- the guy who runs that Texas based strength museum has the measurements and a vegan arm wreslter named bald mike or something made a loadable version. I have those measurements as well in my email (i hope) 

• Like 1

At that weight and with a 2 and 7/16 I could.

I've pulled more on a plate loaded with the plates touching my forearm so that made it easier on a 2.5-inch handle.

I had a go at the Henry Bell at the Might Mitts. I'd love to have one like that @ 300lbs I do think it's doable but with a LOT of training.

On 1/25/2017 at 4:12 PM, Kashtan said:

Nice dumbbells! 

Exists replicas of the MDB, which weight 231 and 234 pounds, if I understand this text.

http://www.ironmind.com/news/Laine-Snook-Deadlifts-a-Pair-of-Millennium-Dumbbells/

Laine makes this looks easy...I'd love to see what he could lift thick bar wise on any implement! 

On 2/4/2017 at 6:41 AM, mobsterone said:

At that weight and with a 2 and 7/16 I could.

I've pulled more on a plate loaded with the plates touching my forearm so that made it easier on a 2.5-inch handle.

I had a go at the Henry Bell at the Might Mitts. I'd love to have one like that @ 300lbs I do think it's doable but with a LOT of training.

Hello what is the Henry Bell never heard of it?

Do you have any pictures of it?

Thanks

On 2/2/2017 at 11:46 PM, KapMan said:

The henry bell is reported to be 300 +\- the guy who runs that Texas based strength museum has the measurements and a vegan arm wreslter named bald mike or something made a loadable version. I have those measurements as well in my email (i hope) 

Please post if you have the measurements thanks or a picture

1 hour ago, Carl280 said:

Please post if you have the measurements thanks or a picture

http://www.durniatstrength.com/category/events/page/12 If you scrole down to #4, there a little write up about the bell with a picture included.

16 hours ago, mobsterone said:

What John said. There's a video of a few of us trying to get it out of the crate at Mighty Mitts

I didn't see a video of you guys trying to lift the Henry Bell try to repost it thanks

Only video I could find of this lift. I have no clue if there is any other video out there.

• Like 2