8-10am: Weigh ins

9am - Sign in

9:30am - Rules

10am - Time to squeeze

WEIGHT DIVISIONS

Mens: 59kg, 66kg, 74kg, 83kg, 93kg, 105kg, 120kg, 120kg+

Women's Open

Junior's Open (15 and younger)

Scoring: Grip Sport percentage based scoring will be used.

How to Qualify: http://www.barrelstrengthsystems.com/nagsc-qualification

EVENTS:

1) Competition Grippers, 20mm block set, both hands, 4 attempts

2) Max Euro 2HP, 4 attempts (rising bar)

3) DO axle deadlift, max weight, 4 attempts (rising bar)

4) 60 second medley. We will have three levels each of 12 items, one heavy, one moderate, and one lighter, you can attempt any of them but will only be scored for the heaviest level lifted. Scoring will be 4pts for the heavier item, 3pts for the moderate item, and 2pts for the lighter item. In the case of a tie, the lighter weight will be rewarded 0.25 points.

Entry Form: https://goo.gl/forms/c71gKNNamAWQsUxc2

Entry Fee: $50 (5/19/17 deadline)

Send all questions to: squeezus@barrelstrengthsystems.com

3 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

June 3rd?

Yes, I don't know how I missed that. I need @Wannagrip or one of the mods to let me modify the post.

Where will this contest be held? Sorry I know this is a really silly question I just can't find the info.

Just now, Adam Juncker said:

Where will this contest be held? Sorry I know this is a really silly question I just can't find the info.

Yeah, I need to get into the original post and edit it. It will be in Nashville.

Really want to be there, but I'm in Italy, unfortunately, that week.  Need to find an event I can attend to finally compete with you guys!

• Like 1

No rush, but do you know when the medley items and weights will be revealed?

1 minute ago, Eric Roussin said:

No rush, but do you know when the medley items and weights will be revealed?

We know most of them right now, they will probably be revealed pretty soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squeezus said:

Yeah, I need to get into the original post and edit it. It will be in Nashville.

I got the date and City added, bud.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I got the date and City added, bud.

Thanks homie.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Where is the post?  What needs to be edited.

Thanks.

I already got them buddy.

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2017 at 7:14 AM, Squeezus said:

2017 North American Grip Sport Championships

Date:  June 3, 2017

Location:  Resilient Health and Performance, 204 Ward Circle, Suite 300, Brentwood, TN  37027

8-10am: Weigh ins

9am - Sign in

9:30am - Rules

10am - Time to squeeze

WEIGHT DIVISIONS

Mens: 59kg, 66kg, 74kg, 83kg, 93kg, 105kg, 120kg, 120kg+

Women's Open

Junior's Open (15 and younger)

Scoring: Grip Sport percentage based scoring will be used.

How to Qualify: http://www.barrelstrengthsystems.com/nagsc-qualification

EVENTS:

1) Competition Grippers, 20mm block set, both hands, 4 attempts

2) Max Euro 2HP, 4 attempts (rising bar)

3) DO axle deadlift, max weight, 4 attempts (rising bar)

4) 60 second medley. We will have three levels each of 12 items, one heavy, one moderate, and one lighter, you can attempt any of them but will only be scored for the heaviest level lifted. Scoring will be 4pts for the heavier item, 3pts for the moderate item, and 2pts for the lighter item. In the case of a tie, the lighter weight will be rewarded 0.25 points.

Entry Form: https://goo.gl/forms/c71gKNNamAWQsUxc2

Entry Fee: $50 (5/19/17 deadline)

Send all questions to: squeezus@barrelstrengthsystems.com

Gil,

Gripsport.org has the wrong info for this event, unless I am reading it wrong.  It shows june 4th in wooster ohio.  Ill follow BSS info but wamted to give you a heads up.

• Like 1

@Eric RoussinI will have more information soon, but the medley items and weights are going to be picked by a non-competitor to ensure fairness. The time limit, number of items, and scoring format will be the same as announced in the initial announcement. 

All good. But do you know when the medley items and weights will be selected and announced?

• 1 month later...

Does Gripmas 2016 count as a sanctioned NAGS meet?  I need to know if what I did qualifies me for the championship meet (feats performed, not my place).  Does Living Legends count too?  Thanks Gil!

3 hours ago, Leonard_Washington said:

Does Gripmas 2016 count as a sanctioned NAGS meet?  I need to know if what I did qualifies me for the championship meet (feats performed, not my place).  Does Living Legends count too?  Thanks Gil!

Yes and yes. If you PM me with more specifics, we should be able to get you up on the approved athletes list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squeezus said:

Yes and yes. If you PM me with more specifics, we should be able to get you up on the approved athletes list.

I would think even the Medley items done at Gripmas would qualify if there is video - but that ruling will have to be made by the committee. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw that the info is not updated on GripSport.org. I'll get that changed.

Any progress with the Medley decisions at this point?

• Like 1

After significant revision and consultation, we have narrowed the medley down to the following items:

Ladies - Juniors Open Elite
Mammoth Coin Pinch - 25# in plates Mammoth Coin - 40# in plates Mammoth Coin Pinch - 50# in plates
50lb Anvil by the horn 128lb Anvil by Horn 128lb Anvil by Horn plus 40lbs
22# Blob 45# Blob 54.1lb Fatman Blob
Big Shot 66# Momma Inch - 150# Steel Inch - 180#
10ft-lb Strict Pronation/Supination 15ft-lb Strict Pronation/Supination 20ft-lb Strict Pronation/Supination
Tips Tester - 1 hand - 70# Tips Tester - 1 hand - 125# Tips Tester - 1 hand - 160#
Hub 25# Hub 35# Hub 55# (45 plate with 2-5's)
2 plate pinch - 25's 2 - 35# Plates one hand 2 - 45# Plates one hand
2" Crusher - 80# 2.5" Crusher 100# 3" Trilobite 135#
Flask 30# Flask 65# Flask 90#
  • Like 5

So to confirm, is it 2 points per event in column 1, 3 points per event in column 2, and 4 points per event in column 3? Or can the men only attempt the events in column 2 and 3? 

I like the fact that it is 10 events in 60 seconds rather than 12 in 60.

2 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

So to confirm, is it 2 points per event in column 1, 3 points per event in column 2, and 4 points per event in column 3? Or can the men only attempt the events in column 2 and 3? 

I like the fact that it is 10 events in 60 seconds rather than 12 in 60.

Yes, you are correct about the points. Anyone can lift items in any tier. This gives newcomers a better chance to not get blown out and strong women and juniors a chance to score some extra if they are really strong.

Thanks for posting the Medley items!

Which Medley items are lifted to lockout, and which to platforms?  If platform, how high?

Can you give more detail on what this means please?  Is this a Sledge Hammer?  20ft-lb Strict Pronation/Supination

What hub plate are we using? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Thanks for posting the Medley items!

Which Medley items are lifted to lockout, and which to platforms?  If platform, how high?

Can you give more detail on what this means please?  Is this a Sledge Hammer?  20ft-lb Strict Pronation/Supination

What hub plate are we using? 

Sure thing, Jedd!

Because lockout is difficult to judge we will be using a >2" lift instead. Chris Rice has used this in his medleys and it seemed much clearer for the athletes and judges than determining shoulder, knee and hip position. The lifts that will be done with a >2" lift are:

Mammoth Coin Pinch, Anvils, Tips Tester, Crusher, and Flask.

The lifts that will be loaded to platform are:

Blobs, Circus Bells, Hubs, and Plate Pinches

The Strict Pronation/Supination will be using a leverage device very similar to the IronMind HeavyHammer. I will be making them specifically for medleys. They will be loaded so that torque about the hand (with the lever arm being from the center of the hand to the center of the loading area) is the given amount of ft-lbs. The torque amounts correspond to a 4lb, 6lb, and 8lb sledgehammer, respectively, with a 31" handle, so if you can do those strict, you can do the leverage handle.

The rules for the strict pronation and supination will be:

1. The forearm/elbow and hand must remain in contact with the floor throughout the motion of supination or pronation. Losing contact between is acceptable.
  2. The device must remain between the marks on the floor.
  3. The device must come do a dead stop between pronation and supination.
  4. The device must be grasped only on the handle area.

The hubs that we will be using for the Open and Elite levels are Schmidt and they are fairly hard. The women's/junior's will be a generic plate that is pretty good for hubbing.

• Like 1