Grippers for arm wrestling training?

JStepien

I just got back into arm wrestling recently. Lately, when I train grippers, I get a constant soreness in my lower biceps. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this & maybe limit use of grippers.

• Like 1

I emphasize grippers but still armwrestle often. I was getting some pain in my lower Bicep a while back but it turned out to be tendinitis of the brachioradialis. I was pretty sure it was my Bicep but then it was flaring up when I did chin ups and especially neutral grip. I'm still training grippers but have backed off of hammer curls and heavy wrist deviation for a while. Seems to be helping.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I emphasize grippers but still armwrestle often. I was getting some pain in my lower Bicep a while back but it turned out to be tendinitis of the brachioradialis. I was pretty sure it was my Bicep but then it was flaring up when I did chin ups and especially neutral grip. I'm still training grippers but have backed off of hammer curls and heavy wrist deviation for a while. Seems to be helping.

Thank you @Adam Juncker

I don't get sore lower biceps from grippers but try using a light gripper and once you close it try bending your wrist, much harder than regular closes and more wrist less elbow. i do this some times with imtugs emphasizing fingers 4-5,  might be more applicable to arm wrestling when trying to stop a top roll

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Evan Raftopoulos said:

I don't get sore lower biceps from grippers but try using a light gripper and once you close it try bending your wrist, much harder than regular closes and more wrist less elbow. i do this some times with imtugs emphasizing fingers 4-5,  might be more applicable to arm wrestling when trying to stop a top roll

Thanks for the advice! I was doing something like that with a light gripper keeping it closed when trying to do a wrist curl

Do you live around NJ?