Quest for CoC #2

Syscrush

These days it takes some restraint on my part to leave the grippers sitting on my off days. I wake up thinking about gripping. I ball up my fists pretty hard any time I'm trying to think or relax. It's gonna be good for my mental health when spring comes and I have my bike as another outlet!

32 minutes ago, Syscrush said:

These days it takes some restraint on my part to leave the grippers sitting on my off days.

It was hard for me to take rest days in the beginning also but they are important. I use my other training (other grip work and weight lifting etc) to space out gripper training

• Like 1

I've been easing back into running a bit to try to help cut some weight and have some legs and cardio ready to go when its warm enough to get cycling again. Also, I loved running when I was really into it and I'd like to be able to have that as part of my life again. It feels good to have something to go with the grip training, but I am definitely still enjoying working the CoC for its own sake!

Mon Feb 27

1. S: Lx15, Rx15
  2. T: Lx7, Rx12
  3. T: Lx6, Rx12
  4. T: Lx7, Rx10
  5. #1: Rx3 + 1 neg

On 2/22/2017 at 11:40 AM, Chez said:

It was hard for me to take rest days in the beginning also but they are important. I use my other training (other grip work and weight lifting etc) to space out gripper training

Yes...they are addictive but I found that as time went on since being an infant in grippers over a year ago, I was able to instill discipline within myself to consider Grippers only a "part" of my overall strength regimen.  I love crushing grippers but I also like a new PR in the bench press or using 60+ pounds on a chain as extra weight for my chin-ups!

Based on how my hands feel during and between workouts, I think that 3x per week is a bit too much. I might go down to just Mon & Thu, or (more likely) do a light/recovery day on Wed and go all-out on Mon & Fri.

It seems like the limiting factor is soreness of the connective tissues in my hands, and of course energy/strength level. I never have DOMS from training grip, which I think is pretty typical, but I would feel a bit better if I could find a routine that leaves me with at least a bit of soreness in the forearm muscles. Maybe I'll start doing more negatives and see what happens.

I'm gonna make Wed a light/recovery day for a bit and see how things go.

Wed Mar 1:

S: Lx12, Rx12
S: Lx20, Rx40

Edited by Syscrush
Corrected date