Jedd Johnson

Jedd's 2017 Video Training Log

41 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2017 at 3:13 PM, Jedd Johnson said:

One of my best attempts on a #4 ever.

Your gonna get that #4 bro...

1 person likes this

Misses Are Just Warm-ups, brotherrrrr!  Was able to get the half 120 last night for the first time in over a year.

3 people like this

40lb Kettlebell Curl

1 person likes this

Great stuff Jedd!  Just setting a 4 is a beastly feat if you ask me!

4 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

Great stuff Jedd!  Just setting a 4 is a beastly feat if you ask me!

Thanks bud.  I have a 227 that is really hard for me.

Last week's #4 attempt

1 person likes this

I was able to get 2 reps on the Inch Dumbbell Row without re-gripping.  I don't think I've ever been able to do this before.  If so, only once, but I don't quite remember.  I know Eric Roussin and Juha Harju are much stronger on this than me, as well as Andrew Durniat.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I was able to get 2 reps ....

Do you typically train alone with no music?

On 2/8/2017 at 10:50 AM, rjackson said:

Do you typically train alone with no music?

No, it varies, but these days I'm alone 25-50% of the time.  Evenings Luke Raymond is here a lot.  In the mornings, I have a few guys I generally train with.

I shut the music off when I film, because youtubee doesn't like music.

1 person likes this

Couple Weekly #4 Attempts.  Not getting much improvement here, but I'm really only using these as Primers for the rest of my gripper work, so I'm not worried about it.

1 person likes this

I've been getting lots of good lifts of the Blobzilla recently, and even hit with the Inch.  This was something I wasn't sure I'd ever do, and the challenge has become minimal for my grip.  With my back, I wanted to stay very, very strict, so it's a slow lift, but gripping wasn't too much of a hassle.

4 people like this

Some day I am going to have a nice set up like that. 

On 2/17/2017 at 0:12 PM, rjackson said:

Some day I am going to have a nice set up like that. 

Been building it since 2006.

I haven't been able to open my eyes for longer the 10 seconds since last night after the comp.  As soon as everyone left, I gradually deteriorated into the worst migraine of my life.

A couple of feats from Winter Grip Fest.  Timmy brought up a couple cool things to try.

Here's his half 70.  He had to get on the road, so I didn't go for a second attempt to "follow it down."  This thing had great texture. @temmmeeee - thanks for bringing this up.  Did you try my half 60?

1 person likes this

@temmmeeee also brought up a couple half 120 hexes to try.  This one still has the handle on it, which I think is awesome, because when you lift it with the thumb on the handle side, it increases the difficulty.  Thanks for bringing the toys up, Tim.  I wish we would have had more time to mess around.  Did you try any of my hexes?

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

@temmmeeee also brought up a couple half 120 hexes to try.  This one still has the handle on it, which I think is awesome, because when you lift it with the thumb on the handle side, it increases the difficulty.  Thanks for bringing the toys up, Tim.  I wish we would have had more time to mess around.  Did you try any of my hexes?

It was an all-around awesome experience. Unfortunately I didn't get to try the half 60 glob or any of the hexes, but I was mostly excited about trying the inch dumbbell and a 50 lb blob that wasn't as slippery as my own. I enjoyed playing with the anvils as well!

1 person likes this