Jedd's 2017 Video Training Log

Jedd Johnson

4 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

Great stuff Jedd!  Just setting a 4 is a beastly feat if you ask me!

Thanks bud.  I have a 227 that is really hard for me.

I was able to get 2 reps on the Inch Dumbbell Row without re-gripping.  I don't think I've ever been able to do this before.  If so, only once, but I don't quite remember.  I know Eric Roussin and Juha Harju are much stronger on this than me, as well as Andrew Durniat.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 10:50 AM, rjackson said:

Do you typically train alone with no music?

No, it varies, but these days I'm alone 25-50% of the time.  Evenings Luke Raymond is here a lot.  In the mornings, I have a few guys I generally train with.

I shut the music off when I film, because youtubee doesn't like music.

• Like 1

Couple Weekly #4 Attempts.  Not getting much improvement here, but I'm really only using these as Primers for the rest of my gripper work, so I'm not worried about it.

• Like 1

I've been getting lots of good lifts of the Blobzilla recently, and even hit with the Inch.  This was something I wasn't sure I'd ever do, and the challenge has become minimal for my grip.  With my back, I wanted to stay very, very strict, so it's a slow lift, but gripping wasn't too much of a hassle.

• Like 5

On 2/17/2017 at 0:12 PM, rjackson said:

Some day I am going to have a nice set up like that. 

Been building it since 2006.

I haven't been able to open my eyes for longer the 10 seconds since last night after the comp.  As soon as everyone left, I gradually deteriorated into the worst migraine of my life.

A couple of feats from Winter Grip Fest.  Timmy brought up a couple cool things to try.

Here's his half 70.  He had to get on the road, so I didn't go for a second attempt to "follow it down."  This thing had great texture. @temmmeeee - thanks for bringing this up.  Did you try my half 60?

• Like 1

@temmmeeee also brought up a couple half 120 hexes to try.  This one still has the handle on it, which I think is awesome, because when you lift it with the thumb on the handle side, it increases the difficulty.  Thanks for bringing the toys up, Tim.  I wish we would have had more time to mess around.  Did you try any of my hexes?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

@temmmeeee also brought up a couple half 120 hexes to try.  This one still has the handle on it, which I think is awesome, because when you lift it with the thumb on the handle side, it increases the difficulty.  Thanks for bringing the toys up, Tim.  I wish we would have had more time to mess around.  Did you try any of my hexes?

It was an all-around awesome experience. Unfortunately I didn't get to try the half 60 glob or any of the hexes, but I was mostly excited about trying the inch dumbbell and a 50 lb blob that wasn't as slippery as my own. I enjoyed playing with the anvils as well!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like this was my best attempt on a #4 since I started doing this weekly attempt.

• Like 1

You're definitely going to close that gripper in the next few months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

You're definitely going to close that gripper in the next few months.

Thanks man.  It's coming along.  Definitely felt good to be rested and go for some big smashes on grippers.

Grippers are feeling pretty good lately, which rarely happens

Lifting the 150lb Anvil we have here on loan

• Like 1

Speed Grippers from over the weekend

Some face lift attempts on my tougher blobs

• Like 1

On a day where I had a very poor Weekly #4 attempt, I ended up having a much better performance in other aspects.

Here's the poor #4 attempt:

Afterwards I matched or set a new right handed rep PR for this gripper: 

And then I just about smashed an all-time PR on a 168-rated #3.5

• Like 1

I was surprised to set a new PR on Blockbuster, after 3 hours of training...

• Like 1

Luke made up a Key Pinch trainer recently, and we tested it out to see what we could manage

• Like 1

I thought up this challenge recently and gave it a try.  The first time or two I failed, but once the camera turned on, I POWERED UP, brotherrrrr

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wow, I can't believe how far behind I've gotten on this.  I'm going to go ahead and catch this up a bit with some training highlights since March.

One of my lifetime goals is to be able to curl 100lb dumbbells with decent form.  This year was the first time I was able to curl my 85lb dumbbells, and I got them for multiple reps, which was a bonus.

Been adding in some attempts on the Thumbless Inch Lift.  It never really feels that good, but sometimes it does feel "less bad."

My first ever lift of the Old School Yorks, a pair in each hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Some recent updates

Partial Inch Clean into Goblet Squat
Been trying to pull some of my Inch Lifts faster to develop more speed

Recently tried 225lb Bench for Reps, since my shoulder's been feeling a lot better, and I wanted to see about working Barbell Bench back in.

Mammoth Grip Tools 3" Trilobite Lift - really nice piece of equipment

• Like 1

Managed 20 reps on the 225lb Bench Press

60 Second Grip Rush with Sorinex Inch Dumbbell

Hand to Hand Transfer with Inch Dumbbell

• 2 weeks later...

135# 3" Trillobite Grip Rush