Jedd's 2017 Video Training Log

Jedd Johnson

I thought I'd keep track of some of my training developments this year.

I got WAY WAY WAY away from my feat goals last year, and upon reviewing 2016, I was pretty upset with myself.  I'm hoping this helps me stay on track better this year.

• Like 8

Pinching 102lb Anvil by the Face

• Like 4

19 hours ago, rjackson said:

I notice your space heater.  When my facility is closed, I train at Dan's dungeon which is very cold.  My question is:

"At what temp is it too cold for to be able to use your fingers efficiently enough to train?"

You directed this at Jedd, but I wanted to chime in because I have experience training when it's cold.  I don't heat my garage and have a few times pulled 240lbs+ on the USAWA 2" vbar (USAWA rules, contest-legal) a few years ago when it was -5 in the garage.  The guys here on the Gripboard are generally not super familiar with the USAWA rules, but it equates to about 300lbs on the FBBC 2" vbar with the standard grip contest rules.  I did however wear light gloves in between sets and kept walking around to keep the blood moving.  When the temp is anything over 20 degrees I don't wear gloves and my performance on anything grip is barely affected.  Maybe a 5% decrease at most - compared to the ideal temp (for me) of around 60 degrees. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2017 at 10:57 AM, rjackson said:

I notice your space heater.  When my facility is closed, I train at Dan's dungeon which is very cold.  My question is:

"At what temp is it too cold for to be able to use your fingers efficiently enough to train?"

I'm not sure of any specific temperature.  I just make sure to warm up really well before doing any training, whatsoever.  I don't like to squeeze a #1 gripper without doing a warm-up, regardless of the temperature I'm training in.  To me, it's more about your warm-up state.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2017 at 1:45 PM, WestSlope said:

I need to follow this advice. Instead of a poster of Arnold I should have Jedd pointing at me with the words "Warm up Fool!" (No I don't have a poster of Arnold on my wall)

Dude, if you don't warm up before lifting and gripping, you're either gonna get hurt or your never going to get as strong as you could.  My warm-up is on my youtube channel.  Find the video and start doing it.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2017 at 1:39 PM, Wannagrip said:

Another great idea Jedd! Big thumbs up!

Thanks my man.

Here's a combination I never tried before.  Blobzilla + 56lb Throwing Weight I got from Ben Edwards.

• Like 4

One of my best attempts on a #4 ever.

• Like 4

Great crush, where do you think your max rgc is right now? Its gotta be at or around 190 with blockset... good to see you progressing still having been in the game longer than most us. You still recerting the 3?

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, Jedd Johnson said:

Here's a combination I never tried before.  Blobzilla + 56lb Throwing Weight I got from Ben Edwards.

VERY NICE!!! 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2017 at 5:17 PM, jvance said:

Great crush, where do you think your max rgc is right now? Its gotta be at or around 190 with blockset... good to see you progressing still having been in the game longer than most us. You still recerting the 3?

Great questions and thanks for the support.

I have been continuing the credit card work.  Also been working Silver Bullet hard.

I really have no idea where I'm at on 20mm grippers.  I definitely feel rusty right now.  I haven't actually closed anything in the 170's since October or so.

• Like 1

Just a new combination, 56lb throwing weight + RoboBlob

• Like 2

Measurement of the 56lb Highland Games Throwing Weight

• Like 2

80lb Wrist Wrench Hold + Blob Curl

• Like 2

Speed Crushed to Dust Attempts

• Like 3

45lb & 40lb Kettlebell Pinch Lift:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

45lb & 40lb Kettlebell Pinch Lift:

What kind of kettlebells are those, brotherrrr?

On 1/27/2017 at 9:52 AM, Squeezus said:

What kind of kettlebells are those, brotherrrr?

They did not have markings.  I will have to look into it brotherrrrr!  They are outstanding for block-weight style pinching.

• Like 1

First time trying Pinch Pull-ups

• Like 1

On 1/19/2017 at 3:13 PM, Jedd Johnson said:

One of my best attempts on a #4 ever.

Your gonna get that #4 bro...

• Like 1

Misses Are Just Warm-ups, brotherrrrr!  Was able to get the half 120 last night for the first time in over a year.

• Like 3