Makin' a Tower of Hubble

James Fuller

Awesome work! Also "nice of you to show up" to your left hand had me laughing pretty hard. Totally envious of that plate collection...my purchase of some Dan Lurie 45's got me a little bit of a taste for vintage plates.

• Like 2

Thanks man!! I'd be curious to pull on some DAN LURIE 45s. Yeah, before I filmed, I did a dry run and the left performed MUCH better than it did here so, I was like, "where did my left run off to?!?!"

I'm gonna say the BFCO, YORK and IVANKO Deep Dish 45s are the hardest to Hub Lift due to the sloped design. Plus the YORK is a 4 spoke design which I think is harder to work around than the 3 spoke used on the BFCO & IVANKO.

• Like 3

The Dan Luries I have are 3 spoke, with a little bit of slope. I loaned one to @Jared Goguen and he seems to like practicing with it. I went into my storage room and grabbed a few pictures/measurements, if you'd like to see I can post them here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gabriel O'Keeffe said:

The Dan Luries I have are 3 spoke, with a little bit of slope. I loaned one to @Jared Goguen and he seems to like practicing with it. I went into my storage room and grabbed a few pictures/measurements, if you'd like to see I can post them here.

Hell yeah, put 'em up!! I appreciate you taking the time!!

Yes those Dan Lurie's appear to have a straight angle coming off the hub as opposed to a sloped hub (old school York's, BFCO's & Ivanko's) like James mentioned. The Dan Luries's are a find (but James would know more about that than me) and would be great to train on.

James great lifts you posted above!! The "extra credit" video really rounded it all out.  That 5" hub plate you did at the end is in my estimation the hardest plate you have in the bunch (plus you had to lift it so high to be able to reach the top of that plate pile).  I have been able to hub lift everything else that I have, but not those 45lb 5" hub plates. Just so you know this is Rick/Scott from Facebook/email.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2016 at 2:03 AM, AKJV1769 said:

Yes those Dan Lurie's appear to have a straight angle coming off the hub as opposed to a sloped hub (old school York's, BFCO's & Ivanko's) like James mentioned. The Dan Luries's are a find (but James would know more about that than me) and would be great to train on.

James great lifts you posted above!! The "extra credit" video really rounded it all out.  That 5" hub plate you did at the end is in my estimation the hardest plate you have in the bunch (plus you had to lift it so high to be able to reach the top of that plate pile).  I have been able to hub lift everything else that I have, but not those 45lb 5" hub plates. Just so you know this is Rick/Scott from Facebook/email.

Thanks AKJV1769!! Building towers by Hub Lifting is one of the most fun training things I do. Yeah, I definitely was NOT thinking Girth Brooks was going all the way to the top but, I figured why not give it a pull and see what happens!!

• Like 1