Happy 1 year in Grip Sport!

Daniel Fleming

All I can say is i'm grateful to have found this sport.

I began training grip last December and a year later Im totally obsessed :).

So far this sport has been nothing but good for me.  Its helped me with discipline. It got me to take my first plane ride ever! (to NCGC II in maryland)   and Ive met some really great people along the way.  

Just like in rock climbing and arm wrestling, Ive found that people involved in grip sport are usually always willing to help you with any questions, and everybody just wants to have a good time.
I'm lucky enough to live a short drive away from Canada's main grip guy @Eric Roussin who's an amazing competitor and world record holder, and who hosts the most grip competitions in the country, which include 3 out of the 4 contests ive had the pleasure of competing in.
I had no idea what to expect when I started training grip, but I'm the type of person to find a hobby and obsess over it and grip ended up being that next obsession.    

2016 was a great year.  I was able to hit many milestones that seemed ages away when I first began training, and I was able to compete a lot which was great because I'm super competitive! (next contest is in 9 days!) 

2017 is going to be a even better.  I'm going to train harder/smarter and most importantly I'm looking forward to traveling a lot more and meeting the rest of the grip community!!

I just want to thank everyone for all the support.   I take all of that into my training and it motivates me to train harder and harder.    This is just the beginning.  Many more years in grip sport to come!

Thanks,

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 21

Can't even imagine where you'll be if you keep training in the years to come.  You are crazy impressive already.:bow

• Like 1

I'm impressed by you dude and you seem like a real cool positive guy. Keep up the great work and I hope we meet one day. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Your lift of 100 lbs on the WW after a competition was remarkable. Good luck on your next event I have one the same day too-  first grip contest for me.

• Like 1

Congrats on a powerful first year of grip training! You've really impressed and inspired me too with your progress and you definitely got a lot more in you. It was a great time hanging out and competing with you at NCGCII and I'm looking forward to more good times in 2017 - Many more years of prosperous grip gains to you!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, anwnate said:

Can't even imagine where you'll be if you keep training in the years to come.  You are crazy impressive already.:bow

Thanks Nate! I really appreciate it!  Big goals ahead!

19 hours ago, Chez said:

I'm impressed by you dude and you seem like a real cool positive guy. Keep up the great work and I hope we meet one day. 

Thanks a lot Chez!  Ive watched your gripper videos ever since I began training with grippers.  Really inspirational.

I shall see you at SJ4 next year!

10 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Your posts are part of what is enjoyable about this site to me. Good luck in your comp next week!

I really appreciate it, and thanks!

7 hours ago, jvance said:

Keep up the good work. Your progress is inspiring.

Thanks a lot Jon!

4 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Congrats on a powerful first year of grip training! You've really impressed and inspired me too with your progress and you definitely got a lot more in you. It was a great time hanging out and competing with you at NCGCII and I'm looking forward to more good times in 2017 - Many more years of prosperous grip gains to you!

Thanks Anton!  I had so much fun in Maryland!   Ill see you again at SJ4!!!

2017 is going to be awesome

Congrats dude! I also started early this year(February) and I cannot believe it its been almost a year. Wish I can join grip competition next year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Congrats dude! I also started early this year(February) and I cannot believe it its been almost a year. Wish I can join grip competition next year!

Thanks Morgan!   I think everyone in the grip community, including myself, would love to see you compete!

Welcome to the family bro! Was great meeting you at the sj3. You're murdering these weights!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Welcome to the family bro! Was great meeting you at the sj3. You're murdering these weights!

You mean NCGCII ;)

And thanks a lot, brother!

Edited by Daniel Fleming

10 hours ago, Tank Andrade said:

Your a beast brother look forward to competing with you again soon

You too man!  it's going to happen sooner or later! 

4 hours ago, Daniel Fleming said:

You mean NCGCII ;)

And thanks a lot, brother!

Lmao yeah that's what I meant. Too many contests to keep track hahaha

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

Lmao yeah that's what I meant. Too many contests to keep track hahaha

Heh.  Definitely understandable.  There were 12 people who attended BOTH contests. 

Dan...I'm looking for a couple of weight class records from you in July. :) 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Heh.  Definitely understandable.  There were 12 people who attended BOTH contests. 

Dan...I'm looking for a couple of weight class records from you in July. :) 

Ive got 8 more months to prepare and my training is already improving!
Im going to give it everything Ive got come SJ4!!!
This is going to be a great contest!

• Like 1

On 12/3/2016 at 11:29 PM, Daniel Fleming said:

Ive got 8 more months to prepare and my training is already improving!
Im going to give it everything Ive got come SJ4!!!
This is going to be a great contest!

Nice, finally get to meet you!

• Like 2

Congrats on all your achievements! More to come :rock

But please don't get over excited and injure yourself. Try to be injury free. You will break records.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Congrats on all your achievements! More to come :rock

But please don't get over excited and injure yourself. Try to be injury free. You will break records.

Thank you, sir!

Im doing my best to stay safe/healthy! :)