South Jersey 4 (Saturday, July 15th)

anwnate

Final gluing and holes for pin heights to go on this project. :)20170625_172542.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Some updates

Good news: hotel has been booked, definitely attending

Bad news: AC compressor just broke in my car

Good news: driving for 6 hours in July with no AC means I'm no longer nervous about missing weigh in haha

What is this thing you call "AC"?

• Like 3

On 6/25/2017 at 4:34 PM, anwnate said:

Thanks for you sponsorship.  Wish you were coming along with it. :)

Unfortunately I didn't get time. Maybe next time.

• Like 1

Yes, actually tagging in and out for warm-ups is the best practice.

• Like 1

The surprise guest....:laugh

Edited by Geralt

Alright everyone! Here are the bending contest rules. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to ask.

Rules

·         This will be a timed event using rated bars (by pounds).

·         The goal is to obtain the highest total poundage at the end of your 3 minute bending window.

·         All bends must be completed in a single set of Ironmind (IM) pads only. Bring your own IM pads or use the house IM pads.

·         The bender on deck will have an opportunity to grab up to 3 different diameter bars (1 each) to wrap before it is their turn to bend. No pre-wrapping more than one of the same diameter bar allowed.

·         The bender may use up to 2 extra sets of IM pads to pre-wrap different bar diameters before their 3 minute run starts (Please be ready when it is your turn).

·         Time will start when first bend is initiated. Time will not stop once started.

·         Only 1 failed attempt to complete a bar is allowed. The bender will then need to move on to another bar and set the failed attempt to the side and it will not be counted toward the total poundage. If a bender cannot complete a subsequent bar after a failure has been set aside, they must continue with that bar or return to the previously failed bar until either one of them has been bent or time is up.

·         DO, DU, Reverse acceptable, but all finished bends shall be 2” or less between stock ends to count.

·         No bracing. Hands and arms must not contact any part of the body below the waist. If this occurs, it is up to the judge’s discretion if the bend will be counted.

·         One rubber band per wrap at any one time allowed. A fresh band can replace damaged if needed, but time will not stop. Bands will be provided.

·         Highest total poundage wins class.

Special Notes

·         3 separate classes-Ladies (Open), Novice (9/32”and below) and (Open 5/16” and above).

·         Limited quantity of bar stock sizes.

·         Prizes will be awarded to the 1st and 2nd place in each class.

• Like 6

Wow, this is exciting - has any other bending comp been competed with heaviest combined poundage in a given time frame?? This is very exciting

• Like 1

Will the amateur class be able to attempt any bars over 9/32" or will that be the max size in that class?

21 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

Will the amateur class be able to attempt any bars over 9/32" or will that be the max size in that class?

All bar diameters are able to be bent by all classes. Knowing which class you belong in will be on your honor.

4 minutes ago, KRC said:

Amazing, cannot wait.  Are all bars for the co.petition the same material?

Yes. CRS

Edited by acromegaman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, acromegaman said:

Alright everyone! Here are the bending contest rules. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to ask.

Rules

·         This will be a timed event using rated bars (by pounds).

·         The goal is to obtain the highest total poundage at the end of your 3 minute bending window.

·         All bends must be completed in a single set of Ironmind (IM) pads only. Bring your own IM pads or use the house IM pads.

·         The bender on deck will have an opportunity to grab up to 3 different diameter bars (1 each) to wrap before it is their turn to bend. No pre-wrapping more than one of the same diameter bar allowed.

·         The bender may use up to 2 extra sets of IM pads to pre-wrap different bar diameters before their 3 minute run starts (Please be ready when it is your turn).

·         Time will start when first bend is initiated. Time will not stop once started.

·         Only 1 failed attempt to complete a bar is allowed. The bender will then need to move on to another bar and set the failed attempt to the side and it will not be counted toward the total poundage. If a bender cannot complete a subsequent bar after a failure has been set aside, they must continue with that bar or return to the previously failed bar until either one of them has been bent or time is up.

·         DO, DU, Reverse acceptable, but all finished bends shall be 2” or less between stock ends to count.

·         No bracing. Hands and arms must not contact any part of the body below the waist. If this occurs, it is up to the judge’s discretion if the bend will be counted.

·         One rubber band per wrap at any one time allowed. A fresh band can replace damaged if needed, but time will not stop. Bands will be provided.

·         Highest total poundage wins class.

Special Notes

·         3 separate classes-Ladies (Open), Novice (9/32”and below) and (Open 5/16” and above).

·         Limited quantity of bar stock sizes.

·         Prizes will be awarded to the 1st and 2nd place in each class.

Very much excited.  Thanks to the bending crew for setting this up and of course nate for hosting. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KapMan said:

Very much excited.  Thanks to the bending crew for setting this up and of course nate for hosting. 

Also, a huge thanks goes out to FBBC @Andrew P for supplying the stock!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, acromegaman said:

Also, a huge thanks goes out to FBBC @Andrew P for supplying the stock!

This is in additional to his fantastic sponsorship of the sanctioned event.  Thank you sir!

7 hours ago, KapMan said:

I have to point out, that my request, Delmar has taken the lead and is pretty much single handedly running the bending show.  

Huge thank yous in his direction.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, anwnate said:

This is in additional to his fantastic sponsorship of the sanctioned event.  Thank you sir!

I have to point out, that my request, Delmar has taken the lead and is pretty much single handedly running the bending show.  

Huge thank yous in his direction.

Indeed! Thanks @acromegaman

• Like 1

If y'all think anything is out of line...please tell me.  Feedback is encouraged (whether I take you advice or not :) ).

I've attempted to make much more varied than last year.

Both of these medleys are supposed to have doable and challenging items.

With our numbers, a 1 minute medley will be a must. 

Watching others and having a good game plan will be paramount for success.

Prizes will be awarded for each Medley.

IMPORTANT.  The attempting order will be REVERSE of the OVERALL SCORES.  Just another little congratulations for a job well done. ;) 

2 Medley's Unleashed!                                         

30 Items, 60 seconds

Lighter Medley                                                    Heavier Medley

Sorinex Block (34)                                               IM Block (68)

3" Trilobyte (60)                                                   4" no-spin handle (75)  

Fatgripz Dumbell (40)                                          Fatgripz Dumbell (70)

Goldbar (20)                                                         1HP MK2 (140)

Delmar Anvil (78)                                                 Little Big Horn (160)

2x25 Pinch (R+L)                                                 2x35 Pinch (R+L)

Plate Hub (10,25)                                                 Plate Hub (35,45)

IM Hub (35)                                                          IM Hub (60)

Dubhub Shallow (18)                                           Shallow Hub Griptopz (45)

Mammoth Coin (20)                                             Half penny Griptopz (33)

Homemade Stub (17)                                          Stubtopz (35)

1" V-bar (100)                                                       2" Vbar (200)

Grippers CCS (47,55,60)                                     Grippers CCS (100,120,142)

Ivanko (1/1,5/5)                                                    Vulcan (Crom spring 4 notches both sides)

Blobs (16,20,24,29,34,39)                                    Blobs (41,44,48,51,52,53)                                 

Glob (28)                                                              Glob (33)

Inverted Hex Lift (15,20,30)                                  Inverted Hex Lift (40,50,60)

Globtopz (20)                                                        Moontopz (35)

Baby INCH (118)                                                  INCH (174)

• Like 4

Thanks to @JHenze646 for the catch.  The 1HP at 140 is the MK2...not the climbers pinch.  whoops.  Same inventor...different implement.

Awesome, I had expected the medley to be a surprise. Looks like they range from super easy to completely impossible for me, can't wait to try everything

3 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Awesome, I had expected the medley to be a surprise. Looks like they range from super easy to completely impossible for me, can't wait to try everything

The time is the difficult part. Its worth noting you can only pick heavy or easy. Either way, planning has to be in order.

6 minutes ago, KapMan said:

The time is the difficult part. Its worth noting you can only pick heavy or easy. Either way, planning has to be in order.

Since its easy..I'm hoping to see some 30 scores. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

I'm half the weight of most of you guys, I think speed will be my only advantage haha

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I'm half the weight of most of you guys, I think speed will be my only advantage haha

Im more agile than i look lol

• Like 4

On 2-7-2017 at 9:00 PM, anwnate said:

Since its easy..I'm hoping to see some 30 scores. ;)

Here, hold my beer. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Geralt said:

Here, hold my beer. 

We can have beer at the contest?😈

• Like 1