South Jersey 4 (Saturday, July 15th)

anwnate

31 minutes ago, floyd43 said:

Booked the hotel today.  Andrew Dube and I are making the drive.  

Woot!  Go Canada!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MCrushetta said:

That's great news! She did awesome in Missouri. Is she on here?

Should be mentioned that she's delivering in May...so her showing up might be a long shot...despite how close she is to me.  Then again Maria...she is still squatting at 8 months. Tough stuff!

1 hour ago, floyd43 said:

We're bringing Gus Bush too

You rock! :rock

@floyd43

If you, Gus, and Andrew thought Nationals was a long day, I wonder what your feelings will be about this contest! :)

On 24/04/2017 at 4:00 PM, Eric Roussin said:

@floyd43

If you, Gus, and Andrew thought Nationals was a long day, I wonder what your feelings will be about this contest! :)

This will be my first contest where I have nothing planned afterwards, so I have no worries about the length.  And Canadians weren't too long, driving to Ottawa overnight and sleeping for 3 hours before made it long.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, floyd43 said:

This will be my first contest where I have nothing planned afterwards, so I have no worries about the length.  And Canadians weren't too long, driving to Ottawa overnight and sleeping for 3 hours before made it long.

This will be a long day...but it'll be broken up.  I'm hoping to have the sanctioned part run 5 hours.  With 3 platforms running...its realistic.  Then move to the house (0.8miles)...and eat like kings.  Follow that up with a 60 second medley.  Numbers dictate a short one...and with full bellies...a minute is probably ideal anyway.  After that we have a bending comp for those interested...lessons for beginners and general hanging, socializing, feats of strength.  I'm trying to create a good balance of a serious comp and serious fun...with all these guys meeting up( some for the first time) the atmosphere should be like a reunion.  There is no official end time...so people can make the most of it. :)

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, anwnate said:

This will be a long day...but it'll be broken up.  I'm hoping to have the sanctioned part run 5 hours.  With 3 platforms running...its realistic.  Then move to the house (0.8miles)...and eat like kings.  Follow that up with a 60 second medley.  Numbers dictate a short one...and with full bellies...a minute is probably ideal anyway.  After that we have a bending comp for those interested...lessons for beginners and general hanging, socializing, feats of strength.  I'm trying to create a good balance of a serious comp and serious fun...with all these guys meeting up( some for the first time) the atmosphere should be like a reunion.  There is no official end time...so people can make the most of it. :)

Is there a certain time window for the FBBC bending certs?

9 minutes ago, Sapper88 said:

FBBC bending certs are Andrew and EJs domain. I assume they will go on after the medley, but if you wish to do one pre-comp you'll have to bring it up to them.  I think Andrew is asking people to announce their intention (contact him) a week before the contest.

• Like 2

Friday's SJ4 Update...11 weeks to go.

So…looks like the Canadians are coming en masse.

canadians.jpg

@floyd43, @Andrew Dube, @Daniel Fleming, Gustav Bush

4 out of the top 7 Canadian Nationals competitors are now attending SJ4.  Insane! :rock

canadian sj4.jpg

So far we are looking at…48 contestants

Countries: 3  (USA 43, Canada 4, The Netherlands 1)

States: 14 (NY6, NC5, CT5, PA5, MD4, NJ3, TN3, MA4, OR1, WV1, MI1, MO2, WA1, WI1)

Provinces: 2 (Quebec, Ontario) 

Attending (barring act of god)

Andrade, Christopher                     -CT                        XL           83kg (93kg)

Andrade, Anthony                           -CT                        M           (Jr)         

Bascetta, Maria                               -TN                       M           Women's

Bakerlis, Neal                                   -MA                      XL           93kg

Burke, Pat                                         -WA                      2L           105kg

Bush, Gus                                         -On/Canada        XL           93kg

Butler, Tim                                        -NJ                        L             105kg(120kg)

Cabrera, Jose                                   -NY                       M           74kg

Carter, Delmar                                 -TN                       2X           120kg

Chakir,  Mo                                       -NJ                        L             105kg

Clarino,  Anthony                              -NY                       M           74kg (83kg)

Collen, Kevin                                    -MA                     XL           120kg

Cottrell, Rich                                    -PA                        L             83kg

Donati, Carl                                      -PA                        L             93kg

Dube, Andrew                                  On/Canada         L             105kg

Edwards,  Amber                              -CT                        M           63kg (Women's)

Flaherty, Connor                               - MA                     L.              93kg

Fleming, Dan                                    -Qu/Ca                 L             83kg

Goodman, Gil                                   -TN                       2X           93kg

Gougen, Jared                                  -OR                       L             74kg(83kg)

Guest, Surprise                                 -???                       ???         ???

Heineck, Alan                                   -WI                       2X           83kg (93kg)

Henze, Josh                                      -PA                        2X           120kg(105kg)

Hulshof,  Geralt                                -Netherlands      2X           93kg(105kg

Hustek, Pete                                     CT                         M           66kg

Johnson, Jedd                                  -PA                        XL           120kg

Johnson, Scott                                 -NC                       2X           120kg

Kapusta, Shawn                               -NC                       3X           120+kg

Lepage, Bill                                       -MA                      L             93kg

Livesey,  E.J.                                     -MD                     XL           120+kg

Matney, Justin                                  -WV                      2X           120+kg

Merritt, Christina                               -MO                      S             Women's

McCarter, John                                 -MO                      L             105kg (120kg)

McMurren, Rob                                 On/Canada          2X           120kg

Otto, Jason                                       -NC                      2X           120+kg

Pantke, Andrew                                -MI                       XL           120kg (105kg)

Phillips, Mike                                    -NY                       XL           105kg

Rabich, Michael                               -NY                       XL           93kg

Raymond, Lucas                              -PA                        L             93kg                    

Retarides, James                             -NC                       XL           93kg

Ricchezza, Cesare "Chez"               -NY                       XL           120+kg (120kg)

Scibelli,  Andrew                               -MD                      S             (Jr.)

Scibelli,  Tom                                    -MD                      XL           105kg

Scibelli, Jacob                                   -MD                      S             69kg (62kg)

Smitley,  Don                                     -CT                      XL           93kg (105kg)

Sundin, Bob                                      -NC                      L             83kg (74kg)

Torrella,  Anton                                 -NY                       XL           120kg

Wojciechowski, John                       -NJ                        XL           105kg

Still undecided/unconfirmed list.

chance.jpg

Branson, Nic

Burgos, Brian

Burns,  Kody

Cannon, Matt

Cannon, Kristy

Corcorran, Aaron

Cummings, Don

Deluca, Frank

Hunsaker, Bryan

Hunt,  Matthew                              

Jennings, Tommy

Kessler, Gary

Labbe, David

Manna, John

Mitti, David

Koenig, Josh

Koenig, Jor-el

O'Dell, Josh

Miller, Robert

Mitti, David

Rice, Chris

Rosendaul, Nick

Schoeck, Chris

• Like 3

11 weeks BABY!

Ultimate-Canadian1.jpg

• Like 10

You should absolutely arrive dressed like that!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

You should absolutely arrive dressed like that!

Maybe if we took up donations for the costume... 😏

• Like 3

On 4/26/2017 at 9:38 AM, Sapper88 said:

Nope whenever fits in the day find me and lets make it happen. 

• Like 3

Friday's SJ4 Update...10 weeks to go.

50 contestants!

With 2 more commitments…SJ4 numbers just hit 50. 

Chris "Wonder" Schoeck (74kg) will be attending…and competing this year.  He's wiry and brutally strong for his size.  After SJ3, Chris has been training a little (along with his bending) with Anton, jose, anthony, michael. Besides bending…he's a card tearing machine.  I'm down to my last 10 packs of Bikes…but will restock for the Comp. J

My fine feathered friend…Matthew Hunt (105kg) finally manned up and committed to going.  (he's 20 minutes away from me for cripes sake!)

It exciting to hear people talking about making reservations and carpool plans.  I'm knocking off things on my to-do list as fast as possible. 

Other possible attendees news…

1. Adam Junker (and possibly wife) are now official "strong maybes".  They would be the very first competitors from Illinois which is a crazy 14 hour drive.  I don't think anyone is actually driving further.  That would make the 15th state represented (and counting).  They are working on combining the comp with a personal vacation.  My fingers are crossed.

2. James Fuller's shoulder is jacked at the moment…but if it heals up by then…he's gonna try and make it.  For those who don't know, he's the guy in Maine that trains outside in the snow.  Wowza.

3. Bryan Hunsaker is still currently a "strong maybe."

4. Speaking of huge guys…David Labbe won't know until he gets his work schedule this June.

There is about 18 (that I know of) gripsters currently considering coming (some strongly…some not so much).

Mr. Richard Cottrell dropped by the Brous House Gym for a grip-together and donated a 17lb blob to fill a lower end gap for the Medley.  The medley WILL be more JR and Woman friendly this year.

Rich also introduced me to the Gold Bar and an awesome challenge item.  They will also be in the medley.  This year, I'm going to do my best to include most of Horne's Griptopz and extra random implements along with the 4 million block weights.

The gym is getting close to finished. With all the steel sorted and labeled…the bending area is pretty wrapped up. (haha) With like 14 or so Red Nail Roster guys attending, anyone needing help with form, or an introduction to bending...will have no problem finding someone.

Here's a few bending/tearing area pics…and one of Rich doing his best "Popeye" look.

20170504_111539.jpg

20170504_102045.jpg

rich popeye.jpg

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Friday's SJ4 Update...10 weeks to go.

50 contestants!

With 2 more commitments…SJ4 numbers just hit 50. 

Chris "Wonder" Schoeck (74kg) will be attending…and competing this year.  He's wiry and brutally strong for his size.  After SJ3, Chris has been training a little (along with his bending) with Anton, jose, anthony, michael. Besides bending…he's a card tearing machine.  I'm down to my last 10 packs of Bikes…but will restock for the Comp. J

My fine feathered friend…Matthew Hunt (105kg) finally manned up and committed to going.  (he's 20 minutes away from me for cripes sake!)

It exciting to hear people talking about making reservations and carpool plans.  I'm knocking off things on my to-do list as fast as possible. 

Other possible attendees news…

1. Adam Junker (and possibly wife) are now official "strong maybes".  They would be the very first competitors from Illinois which is a crazy 14 hour drive.  I don't think anyone is actually driving further.  That would make the 15th state represented (and counting).  They are working on combining the comp with a personal vacation.  My fingers are crossed.

2. James Fuller's shoulder is jacked at the moment…but if it heals up by then…he's gonna try and make it.  For those who don't know, he's the guy in Maine that trains outside in the snow.  Wowza.

3. Bryan Hunsaker is still currently a "strong maybe."

4. Speaking of huge guys…David Labbe won't know until he gets his work schedule this June.

There is about 18 (that I know of) gripsters currently considering coming (some strongly…some not so much).

Mr. Richard Cottrell dropped by the Brous House Gym for a grip-together and donated a 17lb blob to fill a lower end gap for the Medley.  The medley WILL be more JR and Woman friendly this year.

Rich also introduced me to the Gold Bar and an awesome challenge item.  They will also be in the medley.  This year, I'm going to do my best to include most of Horne's Griptopz and extra random implements along with the 4 million block weights.

The gym is getting close to finished. With all the steel sorted and labeled…the bending area is pretty wrapped up. (haha) With like 14 or so Red Nail Roster guys attending, anyone needing help with form, or an introduction to bending...will have no problem finding someone.

Here's a few bending/tearing area pics…and one of Rich doing his best "Popeye" look.

20170504_111539.jpg

20170504_102045.jpg

rich popeye.jpg

Tearing🤤

• Like 1

When I was hanging out with Nate the other day we were talking about something that has been on my mind...

because of the huge number of people coming in from out of town, maybe we could have a "swap meet" the night before the competition.  

That would give people a chance to unload and/or find gap Grippers or other Grip stuff and by doing it the day/ night before the competition, people will not be distracted from the actual competition with "side commerce"

This is just an idea.  With so many people in one place it might be a good chance to trade stuff and keep it in the community, but it also could just be a waist of our time together...

• Like 4

Sadly I will not be able to make it but I will be sending a box of grip goodies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared Goguen said:

Sadly I will not be able to make it but I will be sending a box of grip goodies.

Are you pulling out of the contest?

4 hours ago, richcottrell said:

When I was hanging out with Nate the other day we were talking about something that has been on my mind...

because of the huge number of people coming in from out of town, maybe we could have a "swap meet" the night before the competition.  

That would give people a chance to unload and/or find gap Grippers or other Grip stuff and by doing it the day/ night before the competition, people will not be distracted from the actual competition with "side commerce"

This is just an idea.  With so many people in one place it might be a good chance to trade stuff and keep it in the community, but it also could just be a waist of our time together...

Wish I could do this but the wife and I will be driving the whole night to get there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richcottrell said:

This is a great idea!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John McCarter said:

Wish I could do this but the wife and I will be driving the whole night to get there.

There will be hours of feats and general chilling post comp. People are welcome to try, trade, sell whatever at that point also.

• Like 5