South Jersey 4 (Saturday, July 15th)

anwnate

anwnate, you can add me to this for coming (Pat Burke), booked my flight today and can't wait! looking forward to it! Will shoot a donation shortly as well.

Edited by pburke23
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pburke23 said:

anwnate, you can add me to this for coming (Pat Burke), booked my flight today and can't wait! looking forward to it! Will shoot a donation shortly as well.

Oh hell yeah!   Thanks man.  Such a big compliment to get people flying in.  Gonna do my best to make it a rare event indeed. I'll get you added on Fridays update. :)

Quick note to thank someone anonymous who became the first donor to the SJ4 comp.

Any monies that come in will be used to offset the costs of the Room, the food, prizes and comp. elements.

All donations are appreciated (especially from the wifey lol).

That said...I'm already flabbergasted at the response from the grip community signing on to come...many from far far away.

It can cost a ton to attend a comp.   Gas, tolls, flights, hotel, food and time really add up quick...so in the interest of getting as many competitors as possible, I really didn't want to add a comp fee to it as well.  That said...any further donations that come in, will be also appreciated and thanked for privately.  Much appreciated Mr. Anonymous. 

Friday's Weekly Update

Shout out to Jedder for bringing up "weight jumps."  Thanks to Jedd, Tom, Gil and Aaron for their input.

We will be using 2.5kg (5.5lb) jumps for the Flask and the 2.5" Crusher.  In cases of a personal, class, world…records, a 1.25kg(2.76lb) jump may be requested.  Women's and Jr's will have much more latitude because of the jumps being a higher percentage of their lifts.  Sure, something else may come up…but for the most part…if we adhere to this, this high competitor contest will move at a reasonable clip.

Anyone else who would like to bring something up...please p.m., fb or text me and we will get it addressed!  Thanks.

Not sure if I mentioned this…but Mammoth Grip Tools…will be a SJ4 sponsor.  Thanks Mr. @Jared Goguen!

There has been some odd movement in the numbers list for the comp.  I mistakenly had put John @MANNA on the "attending barring act of god" list.  He has been moved to the "maybe" list...bringing us down one to 43.  Please feel free to contact him and harass him non-stop.  Dude lives in NJ for cripes sake!

Morgan and Avastu have backed out of the comp.  This is very confusing to me since they were on the "attending barring act of god" list.  I will make a post later tonight explaining things in a clearer manner.  In the meantime…I encourage everyone to annoy the living hell out of them. :)

On a positive note…two new entries have been added to the "attending barring act of god" list…bringing us right back to 43.

Let's welcome…

Luke "Grip Killer turned Armwrestler killer" Raymond has signed on...and…

Pat "Beaststrong lives a million miles away," Burke…flying in from Washington.

Thanks guys! 

Here's the current breakdown with weight classes.  (I have suspicions that we may have another 8-10 attendees to join those below.)

totals pic.jpg

Probably attending

Maizels, Brixton

Maizels, Patrick

Maizels, Patty

Possibly attending (Official Maybe)

Branson, Nic

Burgos, Brian

Burns,  Kody

Cannon, Matt

Corcorran, Aaron

Cummings, Don

Deluca, Frank

Hunt,  Matthew                                  

Jennings, Tommy

Manna, John

McMurren, Rob

Mitti, David

Koenig, Josh

Koenig, Jor-el

Miller, Robert

Mitti, David

Rice, Chris

Rosendaul, Nick

Schoeck, Chris

Sharkey, Mike

Skjelvik, Karl

Tayeb, Bader Samir

Attending Status unknown

Kessler, Gary???

Labbe, David???

O'Dell, Josh???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

I can't guarantee 105 :D

I can guarantee 120+ if I want to :D

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

I can't guarantee 105 :D

1mgr1f.jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Chez said:

I can guarantee 120+ if I want to :D

Me too

• Like 1

I said earlier that tonight I would explain what Attending SJ4 "barring act of God" means.

It does not mean "attending until I change my mind."

To make things easier...I have made some example excuses and response to them.

I took the time (yes @richcottrell I have too much of that) to cut and paste some pictures to help explain things for those who are more visual. :) 

done part 1.jpg

done part 2.jpg

• Like 17

You really do have way too much time on your hands......hilarious though. Well played

• Like 3

Nate so unless I'm dead I have no excuse to not show up. :) 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Nate so unless I'm dead I have no excuse to not show up. :) 

Close...very close.

FFEUD.jpg

• Like 3

Reading your cartoon really gave me perspective - if I don't attend your comp my marriage is doomed - and thats what I told my wife - excellent explanation

• Like 2

If anyone wants to attempt a Bastard Cert at the event let me know and I'll bring the steel with me. Free if you bend it in front of me, Nate or EJ. Just don't go nuts on the Brass, that stuff is pricey 1f642.png.

• Like 3

Barring military schedule change, I will be there. I plan to go after some Bastard certs. I'm pumped. This is going to be insane! 

• Like 3

I will be attending, I cant wait. Just got done talking to Nate through email, very respectful guy. 

I plan on certifying on the coc #3 and also certifying on some FBBC stock. I have officially bent the red nail this year and hope to climb that latter. It's going to be awesome surrounded by so many amazing athletes. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

If anyone wants to attempt a Bastard Cert at the event let me know and I'll bring the steel with me. Free if you bend it in front of me, Nate or EJ. Just don't go nuts on the Brass, that stuff is pricey 1f642.png.

Fantastic!  Very generous and downright cool of you.

40 minutes ago, Sapper88 said:

Barring military schedule change, I will be there. I plan to go after some Bastard certs. I'm pumped. This is going to be insane! 

Will be good to meet you.  Great to see some NE guys gripping. 

37 minutes ago, shakenbake said:

I will be attending, I cant wait. Just got done talking to Nate through email, very respectful guy. 

I plan on certifying on the coc #3 and also certifying on some FBBC stock. I have officially bent the red nail this year and hope to climb that latter. It's going to be awesome surrounded by so many amazing athletes. 

Nice!  I'll add you both to the list this Friday.  You guys just doubled our Mass. contingent.  Looks like we will get 5 from MA.  Sweet!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Very sweet offer. 

When is the cutoff day for letting you know?

13 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Very sweet offer. 

When is the cutoff day for letting you know?

A week before the event. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, acromegaman said:

@Andrew P I would like to try a Tsar please.

Going for the Big Fish. I like it. 

• Like 1

Friday's Weekly Update

Still working on basement (very slow...heart stuff)...and acquiring additional Sponsors. :)

Two more entries this week...both 93kg entries.  Total now stands at 45.

93kg alone now has 10 contestants...sheesh.

Although familiar with bending Bill Lepage and Neal Bakerlis (RNR) are both from Massachusetts and new to Gripsport.  This makes it 4 official MA entrants(so far). :) 

There has been some stirring amongst some undecided...I believe the next week should produce a number of additions.  

While we are currently at 14 states...unbelievably, if all debating came...22 states could actually happen.  Mind blowing.

For fun I colored in a blank North America map to show which states/provinces current entrants are coming in from.  Our surprise competitor's dot/location is not marked.

uptodate map paint.jpg

Here's the updated current breakdown with weight classes.  

totals pic.jpg

Probably attending

Maizels, Brixton

Maizels, Patrick

Maizels, Patty

Possibly attending (Official Maybe)

Branson, Nic

Burgos, Brian

Burns,  Kody

Cannon, Matt

Corcorran, Aaron

Cummings, Don

Deluca, Frank

Hunt,  Matthew                                  

Jennings, Tommy

Kessler, Gary

Labbe, David

Manna, John

McMurren, Rob

Mitti, David

O'Dell, Josh

Koenig, Josh

Koenig, Jor-el

Miller, Robert

Mitti, David

Rice, Chris

Rosendaul, Nick

Schoeck, Chris

Sharkey, Mike

Skjelvik, Karl

Tayeb, Bader Samir

• Like 6

My wife is going to sign up for this contest.

• Like 5