Anemptybox – Grippers

Anemptybox

I feel like it might be helpful for me to start my own thread to keep track of my training and (hopefully) my progress. Today some of my training looked like this (I'll be more specific on the next update since I tend to forget exactly how many reps and sets I've done so this thread is also a way for me to become more structured with my training):

CoC Sport x 10 reps each hand.

Silvis Monster Hunter 4* with 20mm block attempt - very close with right hand (maybe two mm) and I did slightly worse with my left hand.

GHP 5 and GHP 6... X amount of reps.

CoC #2 x 9-10 MMS or wider reps each hand.

Didn't really do much else today except for regular gym stuff after.

Edited by Anemptybox
Inserting goal
  • Like 3

CoC #1 x 5 wide reps each hand.

Silvis MH 4* with 20mm block attempt - Not closed. 2mm or less with right hand and perhaps double that with left.

GHP 6 30mm block with right hand - Closed 1 rep. No close with left, around 2mm left.

GHP 6 with GHP block attempt right hand - Not closed, 1mm left.

GHP 6 deep set with left hand - Closed.

CoC #2.5 deep set - Closed 2 reps with each hand (I tried 3 with my right hand but didn't do a full second rep).

CoC #1.5 TNS - Closed 12 reps with right hand. Closed 11 reps with left hand.

CoC #1 TNS - Closed 20 reps with each hand.

This was actually quite exhausting because I didn't rest much in between sets.

Edited by Anemptybox

How often do you usually train this? I try 2-3 times a week with grippers.

• Like 1

Thus far I haven't had a set amount of times a week I train, but I'd guess it's usually 2-3 times like you. That said, my sessions have usually been pretty short and not that intense, so we'll see if 2-3 times a week is OK if I start training more seriously now. I think it's important to listen to your body so you don't burn yourself out. I think I'll train grippers next time on either sunday or monday depending on how it feels.

• Like 1

CoC 0.5 x 10 MMS reps each hand.

GHP 6 with GHP block set - Closed 1 rep with right hand. Not closed with left, off by ~2mm.

CoC 2.5 CCS - Not closed with right hand, off by ~2mm. Not closed with left, off by ~2mm.

CoC 2 CCS - Closed 4 reps with right hand (almost 5, off by ~2mm). Closed 2 reps with left hand (almost 3, off by ~2mm).

GHP 5 with 20 mm block set - Closed 7 reps with right hand. Closed 6 reps with left hand.

CoC 2.5 deep set - Not closed with right hand, off by ~3mm. Closed with left hand.

CoC 1 TNS - Closed 30 reps with right hand. Closed 27 reps with left hand.

Kinda weird and short session today (not much rest between sets).

CoC 1 MMS x 5 reps each hand.

MH4* with 20mm block - Not closed with right hand, 1mm off. Not closed with left hand, ~2-3 mm off.

CPW Spectrum 260N (rated 127 lbs) x 4 MMS reps right hand (almost 5, off by ~2-3mm). Not closed with left (not a single rep, weird).

GHP 5 CCS x 2 (or 3?) reps with right hand (almost another rep, off by ~2mm). Closed 2 reps with left hand (almost three, off by ~3mm).

MH3* with 30mm block - Closed 12 reps with right hand. Closed 9 reps with left hand.

CoC 3 attempt (kinda deep set I guess) - Not closed with right hand, off by ~15mm. Not closed with left hand, off by ~20mm. I hope I can close this gripper within a year or two. I'm far off right now.

CoC 2 filed (rated 110 lbs) MMS - Closed 2 reps with right hand (almost 3, off by ~2mm). Closed 1 rep with left hand (almost 2, off by ~2mm).

CoC 1.5 CCS - Closed 5 reps with right hand. Closed 4 reps with left hand (almost 5, off by ~3mm).

Edited by Anemptybox

A weak day today.

CoC 0.5 MMS - Closed 10 reps each hand.

Silvis MH4* deep set - Not closed with right hand (~1mm left, set was bad). Closed with left hand.

CoC 1 coin hold (swedish 1 kr) - 22 seconds right hand and 15 seconds left hand. First time trying something like this, felt like I kinda suck at it.

CoC 2 CCS - Closed 2 reps right hand (almost 3, off by ~2mm). Not closed with left hand (uh).

CoC 2.5 deep set - Closed with right hand. Not closed with left hand, off by ~2mm.

CoC 1.5 TNS - Closed 5 reps each hand.

CoC 1.5 MMS - Closed 10 reps each hand.

Edited by Anemptybox
  • Like 1

Been taking it a bit easy on the grippers the last week because my arms have been feeling a bit worn out (right arm especially), mostly due to other gym stuff.

Had a very short session yesterday just doing a few reps with easy grippers and a few singles with tougher ones, nothing worth going into detail about.

Edited by Anemptybox

On 2016-12-07 at 10:53 PM, Anemptybox said:

CoC 1 coin hold (swedish 1 kr) - 22 seconds right hand and 15 seconds left hand. First time trying something like this, felt like I kinda suck at it.

So you're swedish?! I didn't know, good work, we need to crush those old Gustaf's to dust so we can shop with the new ones that feels like plastic and looks like the Euro :D

May I suggest strap holds instead. It's better since you can micro load, adding weight each week. Very effective way of increasing crushing strength.

Yes indeed, thanks! Strap holds seems neat, I might bring a gripper to the gym some time and try it out.

Short workout today, arms feeling alright but tired after yesterday when I did some biceps stuff among other things:

CoC 0.5 MMS x 10 each hand.

CoC 2 MMS x 3 each hand.

CoC 3 choked to ~12mm (pretty much first time trying this as well) - Not closed, got down to about ~2-3 mm with each hand I believe. I tried two times and did about the same with the left hand but barely moved it again with my right.

GHP 5  with 20mm block x 3 each hand.

CPW Spectrum rated 127 lbs MMS - Closed 1 rep right hand. Not closed with left, ~1-2mm off.

Probably going to take it easy again for a while, right arm not feeling 100 % after this session.

Edited by Anemptybox

Yet another semi-weak session, mostly because of deadlifting yesterday, but at least my arms feel pretty good.

CoC 0.5 TNS x 8 each hand.

CoC 1.5 MMS x 5 each hand.

CoC 2.5 MMS - Not closed, about ~1-2mm off each hand.

CoC 2 MMS - Closed 10 reps right hand. Closed 7 reps left hand (almost 8, ~2mm off).

CoC 2 Closed hold - Managed 25 seconds with right hand and 22 seconds with left.

CoC 1.5 MMS - Closed 24 reps with right hand. Closed 19 reps with left hand.

CoC 1 TNS - Closed 10 reps with right hand. Closed 7 reps with left hand.

Edited by Anemptybox

CoC 0.5 TNS x 5 each hand.

MH4 with 20mm block - Not closed, ~1-2mm off with right and ~3mm off with left.

RB260 deep set - Not closed, ~2-3mm off with both hands.

RB260 deep set - Not closed, ~2mm off with right and ~5mm off with left.

GHP6 with 20mm block - Not closed, ~1mm off with both hands.

CoC 2.5 deep set - Not closed, ~1mm off with both hands.

CoC 2 with 20mm block - Closed 3 reps with both hands.

CoC 1.5 CCS - Closed 5 reps with both hands.

CoC 1 CCS - Closed 10 reps with both hands.

GHP5 deep set - Closed 5 reps with both hands.

Did a few reps with the CoC 1 and 2 today, and then at the gym I did some deadlifting with double overhand, but only up to 145 kg, 3-5 reps for 5 sets.

Did some plate pinch with two 10 kg plates for a few sets, holding them for about ten or so seconds each set.

Then I did some forearm reverse curl up to a max of 40 kg which I did like 5 reps with.

Tried Fat Gripz today for the first time. Did some dumbbell rows with a maximum of 40 kg. Going to be fun to try them out some more later doing deadlifts and stuff.

First time doing deadlift with Fat Gripz yesterday - and it was really tough!

70 kg x 5.

100 kg x 3.

110 kg x 3.

115 kg / 254 lbs x 1. Then tried again and failed.

100 kg x 3-5 (not sure).

I guess my max would be slightly over 120 kg, maybe even 125 kg / 276 lbs. Going to use Fat Gripz in my workout every now and then. Also did some gripper work before this but I'm not going into detail about it. I did try a CoC 2.5 CCS and was about ~3mm off with right and slightly more with left.

Edited by Anemptybox

Took some grippers to the gym today for the first time and did a little work between squat sets:

CoC 1 x 8 MMS reps.

CoC 1.5 x 3 CCS reps.

CoC 2 x 2 CCS reps.

CoC 2.5 x 1 deep set rep.

CoC 2.5 CCS attempt - Very close with right hand, ~1-2mm off and probably around ~3-4mm off with left.

CoC 2 x 2 CCS reps with right and 1 rep with left (I think I missed the second rep with ~1mm).

CoC 2 x 10 MMS reps with right and 7 with left.

The last three sets I did very close together. I then also did some Fat Gripz deadlift, a few sets of 1-3 reps with 100-110 kg / 220-243 lbs. I also did some reverse barbell curl with up to 35 kg / 77 lbs.

I feel pretty confident that I should be able to do CoC 2.5 CCS soon since I was so close today, despite me going to the gym less than two hours after I woke up (usually feel quite weak when I workout in the morning).

Edited by Anemptybox

CoC Guide x 20 wide reps.

CoC 1 x 3 CCS reps.

CoC 2 x 6 CCS reps right hand.

GHP5 x 3 CCS reps left hand.

Monster Hunter 4* attempt with 20mm block right hand - Missed it with like ~2mm or something.

MH4 deep set with left hand - Missed by ~1mm.

GHP6 block set right hand - Missed by ~2mm.

GHP6 deep set left hand - Closed.

CoC 1.5 x 10 TNS reps.

I made a video today showing some of this. Quick but pretty strong workout:

Edited by Anemptybox

Another video. First thing you'll see is a credit card set attempt with CoC #2.5 with my left hand. I'm not far off a close and should be able to do it fairly soon I hope. I actually did better with left today hence that attempt in the video.

Next is some shoulder dumbbell press with 32.5 kg / 71.6 lbs each. I did 6 reps but I can definitely do 8 on a day I feel a bit stronger. I also did a set of like 4 reps with 35 kg / 77 lbs dumbbells but with help getting them up.

Lastly I randomly tried 70 kg / 154 lbs on shoulder lateral raise machine. I did 5 reps and it was the last thing I did this session so I could do a bit more.

I won't go into detail but I did more stuff with grippers, like 30+ MMS reps with CoC 1.5. I also did some dumbbell rows with Fat Gripz, up to 40 kg. I did some wrist curls too, and some more non grip things.

Edited by Anemptybox
  • Like 1

Not much today.

CoC Sport x 20 MMS reps.

CoC 2 x 3 MMS reps.

GHP6 x 1 MMS reps.

CoC 1 x 30 TNS reps.

Edited by Anemptybox

Great grip day today.

CoC 1 - 5 MMS reps.

CoC 2 - 3 MMS reps.

Monster Hunter 4* - 1 rep with 20mm block right hand. Nice to close this and I'll send in the cert video to Silvis! I tried with left as well and was ~1mm off.

GHP6 - 6 MMS reps right hand. 5 MMS reps left hand.

CoC 2 - 20 MMS reps right hand. 15 MMS reps left hand.

Fat Gripz Deadlift up to 110 kg.

Some reverse curls + other stuff at the gym.

For those interested, here's a video of the GHP6 set:

• Like 1

Did this among other things at the gym today:

CoC 1 x 5 MMS reps.

CoC 2 x 2 CCS reps.

CoC 2.5 - Failed CCS rep, around 1-2mm off with both hands.

CPW Spectrum 127 RGC x 4 MMS/deep set reps with right hand and 3 reps with left (or almost 3, can't remember).

CoC 2.5 x 1 deep set rep.

CoC 1 x 20 TNS reps.

Fat Gripz dumbbell rows up to 44 kg dumbbells. Did 5-6 reps for a few sets.

CoC 1 x 10 MMS reps.

CoC 2 x 10 MMS reps.

CoC 2 x 10 MMS reps.

CoC 2 x 10 MMS reps.

CoC 2 x 4 CCS reps right hand and almost 3 reps left hand (~2mm off or something).

CoC 1 x 50 MMS reps (this was really tough).

My Monster Hunter 4* cert got accepted by Silvis, you can see the video here (it came out a bit darker on their upload):

Edited by Anemptybox
  • Like 2

Thanks man! I guess my next certification will be the CoC 3 if I ever get that far, that would be really cool. That's one of my (very) long term goals.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anemptybox said:

Thanks man! I guess my next certification will be the CoC 3 if I ever get that far, that would be really cool. That's one of my (very) long term goals.

COC cert is a great thing.:cool

• Like 1