2016 November - King Kong SF Bay Area, Part III - Hubgeezer

Hubgeezer

After the Contest.

I left the contest giving myself a "B Minus": B Plus for Crusher, B for Vertical Bar, C Plus for Euro, and C Minus for the Hub. I was grading myself on what I expected or hoped for, not in terms of an objective grade compared to outstanding gripsters. I had a good time, we worked well together, but it was nothing special.

The next morning, I started getting lots of texts from the guys, and within a few hours, Eric Roussin had miraculously posted ALL of the results every which-way you could imagine.

Reading the results, the number of entrants, the number of venues, the number of women, and the number of COUNTRIES, was practically awe-inspiring. I don't think I was ever so impressed by a "grip contest". Russia and the Ukraine in the same contest as the USA? That is for lack of a better term, very cool.

There are many people that deserve a shout-out, but Eric Roussin deserves a MASSIVE THANK YOU!

And, I hope to participate next year, and "we" may move the venue down to my neck of the woods. A bodybuilder/personal trainer has a small gym in the same industrial business park as my office. A female employee of mine pay participate, as well as a competitive young woman my son knows. And, it would be two hours closer for Ricardo.

Thanks Eric! Thanks to Evan and all the promoters. Things went smoothly. Good work!

• Like 3

Nice!  As you mentioned...we haven't gotten too many reports in as of yet.  I appreciate you taking the time to write this one up.

Hope to see yah at the next AOBS...hopefully congratulating a new Captain of Crush. :rock