Squeezus

New Product: Dexterity Balls

Squeezus

New recovery product from BSS. Dexterity balls! Got some nagging pain from your grip work? Want to keep from getting those nagging pains? Play with some balls.

http://www.barrelstrengthsystems.com/products/dexterity-balls

• Like 5

Wannagrip

These are great and something I should have done more back years ago consistently! 

Highly recommend making it a habit to use these along with extension work as well.

• Like 2

Grind

Thnx for the reminder I used mine yesterday. These are great!

Edited by Grind
  • Like 1

nickr104

Something anyone training grip should use if you don't aready.

• Like 2

nickthetick

just got a pair, cant wait for them to come in

Adam Juncker

How do I know which size I should use? Does it matter other than the larger sizes are more challenging? 

Squeezus

@Adam Juncker The "normal" size is best for smaller hands, the "big" size is best for average to large size hands, and the "humongous" size is a good challenge for someone that is familiar with dexterity balls.

Edited by Squeezus

Donc101

Is it best to use them on grip training days or off days?

Squeezus
11 hours ago, Donc101 said:

I use them between and after sets of grippers and at the end of my training sessions as a burnout. That is how they have been most beneficial to me.

• Like 2

Kluv#0
11 hours ago, Donc101 said:

I use( small, medium) them on off days then immediately do contrast bath. The smaller ones I use to warmup my hands prior to thick handle work. Absolutely have helped my hand recovery.

gerryg

I decided to add the normal sized dexterity balls to my grip routine and placed my first ever order with Barrel Strength Saturday night 1/21. This afternoon Wednesday 1/25 my order arrived,  I'm very happy with Barrel Strength's customer service and super fast shipping!

• Like 1

Adam Juncker

I got the normal or small sized ones. I am now filled with regret because they are too small. I have to work with them for like 5 consecutive minutes to get a good burn. I wrapped them in electrical tape to make them a little harder. They are definetely more difficult to keep moving now. 

Get the bigger balls ya'll.

Edited by Adam Juncker

wobbler

If they're too small or easy, hold them palm facing down and try to go both directions. The "hard" direction takes some getting used to. You can also squeeze them together as you rotate, even small/easy ones that will start to burn after 30 rotations or so.

• Like 4

Squeezus
3 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I got the normal or small sized ones. I am now filled with regret because they are too small. I have to work with them for like 5 consecutive minutes to get a good burn. I wrapped them in electrical tape to make them a little harder. They are definetely more difficult to keep moving now. 

Get the bigger balls ya'll.

Yeah, I can see the small ones getting easy over time, but @wobbler's tips are good. I do 40 reps (half or a rotation) each direction with each hand and superset with extensor work for 3 sets. That doesn't burn my arms up super bad, but the therapeutic effect is still there for sure.

• Like 1

richcottrell

Did you ever try using 3 of the small ones in one hand?

Adam Juncker

So many balls... so many options....  so many double entanderas...  Thanks guys.

• Like 3

Gary Gray

Please advise what is the weight of each size ball (1-15/16",  2-3/8",  2/3/4")

Thank You

Squeezus
14 hours ago, Gary Gray said:

Please advise what is the weight of each size ball (1-15/16",  2-3/8",  2/3/4")

Thank You

Sure thing! The 1-15/16" is about 1lb, the 2-3/8" is about 2lb, and the 2/3/4" is about 3-1/4lb.

• Like 1

Donc101

I recently bought the 2 3/4 balls.  They are great.  I have been maxing out on rotations at the end of my workouts and they really work the hands great.  I think the smaller ones are good for active recovery and to build strength/ endurance/ dexterity the 2 3/4 are perfect.  

Gary Gray

Gil,

Thank you for the quick reply.  I just ordered the 2-3/8" dexterity balls

• Like 1

richcottrell
On March 18, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Squeezus said:

Sure thing! The 1-15/16" is about 1lb, the 2-3/8" is about 2lb, and the 2/3/4" is about 3-1/4lb.

Just to confirm, that is the apx weight for each individual ball not a set of them...  The reason I as is I just got my son a 2kg Shot put and it is about 3.2inches in diameter.

Squeezus
12 minutes ago, richcottrell said:

Just to confirm, that is the apx weight for each individual ball not a set of them...  The reason I as is I just got my son a 2kg Shot put and it is about 3.2inches in diameter.

Yes, that is per ball. 2kg is just about right for a solid steel ball that is 3.2" in diameter.

• Like 1