Red Nail Cert Trouble

GrassMaine89

I put in to do my cert a while back.  My ref was selected and has had the nails for over a month.  Initially he had been moving but eventually I was able to finally contact him.  I tried to set a date to do the cert (I will do the 2 hour travel to where he is)  but now he isn't responding.  It has been over a week since I heard from him.  This whole process has me frustrated.  Now that I'm done whining, my question is is their any places to just show up and cert? Like events that hold certs.  Or is there anyone around Vermont that would want to ref? I am traveling from Maine to Vermont Thanksgiving week.  It has been a life goal, I just want to cert this things and move on.

Sorry to hear.  Contact Randy S. at Iron mind and see what he thinks or what the next step would be to get this cert!

• Like 1

Ya I sent IM an email.  Certainly hating the IM cert process at this point.  Thanks man.

5 minutes ago, GrassMaine89 said:

Ya I sent IM an email.  Certainly hating the IM cert process at this point.  Thanks man.

I'm glad ur focussed on the goal bro. Definitely picture yourself in the Iron mind mag n your name on the red list. It'll come..

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if Randy comments on this thread. 

• Like 1

That really sucks man, hope it gets resolved soon. You'd think for all the rigamarole they make us go through, things would be squared away on their end.  

There have been "cert opportunities" that happened to be held at other comps in the past, but I think they were all IronMind sponsored events in California and I don't know of any in New England currently.  

FWIW I would meet you halfway from Boston to ref if it was possible.  

11 hours ago, Chez said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Randy comments on this thread. 

Ya I have a lot of respect for the integrity of the process, just frustrated.  I would certainly be open to his opinions/input.  

4 hours ago, KRC said:

That really sucks man, hope it gets resolved soon. You'd think for all the rigamarole they make us go through, things would be squared away on their end.  

There have been "cert opportunities" that happened to be held at other comps in the past, but I think they were all IronMind sponsored events in California and I don't know of any in New England currently.  

FWIW I would meet you halfway from Boston to ref if it was possible.  

Not sure how Ironmind views setting up your own referee but I would travel to Boston to cert.  It's a life goal, I would do just about anything reasonably possible in my power to make it happen.  Plus my wife would be stoked to go to the big city.  

Randy rules I respect a lot. And it is the best out there. I am sure Randy or IM will help if you contact him/them.

• Like 1

I think you just have to remember people are volunteering to be a judges (just like the all the current certs out there) and stuff happens in life. :) 

Back in the day Chris Doyle was my judge for the #3 -- University of Iowa Football Strength coach.  Obviously, a busy guy for sure. I just set my mind to getting it done no matter what and whatever date/time worked for Chris and I also had trained to know I could do it without any special timing, etc. and had a buffer to be flexible schedule wise. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Randy rules I respect a lot. And it is the best out there. I am sure Randy or IM will help if you contact him/them.

Absolutely, the rules and process help ensure mastery of the feat, and uphold integrity of he feat as much as possible.  IM is working with me to contact the ref and to possibly line up a new ref if needed.  This was less to complain about IM (although admittedly I  getting frustrated and impatient) and more to find out if there were events in the area that offered Cert opportunities.  I figured that there wasn't but worth a shot.  

• 1 month later...

Just as an update, I finally found a ref.  He has the nails now; I just bent 2 new red nails back to back under cert conditions.  I emailed the ref and am ready to go.  I'm hoping he can meet before Christmas (however he is about 4 hours away), but either way I'll be ready.  I'll post videos of the experience pass or fail.  

• Like 10

No, they line up a ref and send the ref 3 reds.  No money required.

Edited by GrassMaine89

Good luck :rock

• Like 1

Good luck !  I have also asked for a referee in December. I live in Belgium and I don't know if it will be easy to find someone not too far from home. We'll see...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joefrey said:

Good luck !  I have also asked for a referee in December. I live in Belgium and I don't know if it will be easy to find someone not too far from home. We'll see...

Good luck man, crush it.

On 12/29/2016 at 8:07 AM, GrassMaine89 said:

Good luck man, crush it.

Any news?

On 12/28/2016 at 8:41 PM, Joefrey said:

I live in Dubai and first time I contacted them in 2007 they couldn't find me anyone. In 2012 they found me and it was after my wedding while being in my honeymoon. When I returned I certed on the Red.

Contact them again and remind them. It may take a while.

Edited by Alawadhi

The attempt is scheduled for Sunday January 15th.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GrassMaine89 said:

The attempt is scheduled for Sunday January 15th.  

Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks