MARCY 45s Two Arm Hub Curls/Hub Tosses

James Fuller

1 hour ago, James Fuller said:

Crazy strong control of the weight.

I'd love to find an old deep dish plate but everyone wants $7/pound for the good stuff.

• Like 1

Crazy. Who needs bars to lift, right?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

Crazy strong control of the weight.

I'd love to find an old deep dish plate but everyone wants $7/pound for the good stuff.

Thanks Adam!! Some FREE advice,most of those old Deep Dish Plates are NOT rare. Even the YORK Deep Dish(small hub) 45s made from 1945 or so until 1967 are COMMON even though the prices are SEVERELY over inflated!! Six pairs or so turn up every year so, just how rare are they with a 20+ year production run?!?! Most  collectors hoard them but, there's still plenty of them out there. YORK DD 45s are probably the HARDEST of the old DD plates to Hub Lift. The MARCY ones I used in the video were made in Los Angeles,CA so the more east you live, yeah they're gonna be harder to find but, they certainly AIN'T rare. Of the 'regular' spoke type old DD plates, BEN are the easiest to Hub Lift. These are from Canada and personally weren't a problem to find possibly cuz I live in Maine. Craigslist is your friend and MOST of the old plates seems to be found in a non related listing!! Someone will look up a listing for a Bench Press and notice one old deep dish in the picture off to the side. They go check out the Bench and then ask about the deep dish plate which usually has a sibling. The seller doesn't think much of the plates and will usually sell them for a good price. Good Luck!!

13 hours ago, wobbler said:

Crazy. Who needs bars to lift, right?

Thanks wobbler: damn bar is always gettin' in the way so I just lifted without it!!

Edited by James Fuller