Crushed the COC #2.5 today with dominant hand

Paul Markowski

After taking Chez's advice and resting a full 4 days from all grip work, it paid dividends today!

Warmups felt great....single reps leading up to a new Goal Gripper attempt (COC #2.5) all felt very easy.

The #2.5 close was one of those "quick closes" when you have so much power on that particular day that it does not even require you to squeeze and squeeze and squeeze it some more....just a quick second and it was shut (using a MM set).

Thanks Chez!

On to the RB 210.

• Like 4

Nice. I love that feeling. The best is when you close a gripper so easily that it shocks you and you have to double check to see if you grabbed the right one.  That metal on metal grind is so freaking sweet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chez said:

Nice. I love that feeling. The best is when you close a gripper so easily that it shocks you and you have to double check to see if you grabbed the right one.  That metal on metal grind is so freaking sweet.

Exactly!  I too had to check the gripper again since I thought it might have been a #2. Ha ha.  It was just so effortlessly done....hope I don't have a let down next workout...have to keep focused and realistic.

5 hours ago, nickthetick said:

awesome man keep it up!!

Thanks man!  Great to interact with people who truly "know" the feeling of accomplishment.

Just now, Paul Markowski said:

Exactly!  I too had to check the gripper again since I thought it might have been a #2. Ha ha.  It was just so effortlessly done....hope I don't have a let down next workout...have to keep focused and realistic.

You will have bad workouts from time to time. No one can be "on" every workout. The important thing is not to get upset about it and drop down in grippers and finish the workout anyway. You just need to push through those days. Consistency and patience are very important with grippers. 

• Like 1