Liam's Inch Log

Liam Trott

Entering the last part of my semester and prepping tax documents do will probably just be doing pinch stuff for a few weeks. 

50mm 2HP: 5 x 10 secs x 23kg.

So this has definitely become Liam's pinch log while I approach the end of semester and prep for moving house.

Last Thursday I did:

50mm 2HP: 6 x 10 secs x 23kg.

Today I tested a new training max at 24kg. I think that'll be my last 1kg jump but we will see.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, my exams are over so I can dedicate more time (and energy) into training for a while.

I have started Pavel's Fighter Pull-up Routine to get my pull-up numbers back up before weighting them again. I am also doing a hamstring stretch routine because my flexibility there is terrible after injuring my back almost two years ago. It's time to sort that out.

From today:

50mm 2HP: 4 x 10 secs x 24kg. It felt very light today.

Inch trainer wrist curls (vertical): 5 x 5 x 19kg.

60mm rolling handle deadlift (hold): 3 x 10 secs x 24kg (each side). No rest, just changing from side to side. This was quite a nice burner at the end of the session, I won't do it every time.

It's very nice to have been able to do a full session!

Today:

50mm 2HP: 5 x 10 secs x 24kg. Felt good.

60mm rolling handle deadlift (hold): 3 x 10 secs x 24kg (each side, no rest). I really like these holds, they work my wrists and fingers a tonne.

The Inch trainer wrist curls are hurting my left thumb. I think it is probably due to the thickness of the handle (my hands are tiny) so I think I am going to have to look into a different option, maybe a wrist wrench. It's not ideal but it'll have to do. The rolling handle is working my wrists some so that'll stand as substitute for now.