Wobbler log

wobbler

35 minutes ago, wobbler said:

New red nail cert conditions ~23 seconds. If I can do it again next week I'll contact ironmind to set up a cert attempt. I have a nail from the end of the raw bar (you can tell from the way it is cut on the end) and those are usually more difficult. If that goes then I'm ready. Might also try a little newer/stiffer pair of imps, but don't want to mess with what is working.

Good job. It's good to see you progress. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks man, taking my time just bending once a week, no injuries other than minor skin tears but those usually heal in time. I'll have to set my sights on some harder FBBC stuff because most of my stock is geared towards getting through the red nail cert. Should be fun!

On 9/23/2019 at 11:09 PM, wobbler said:

Thanks man, taking my time just bending once a week, no injuries other than minor skin tears but those usually heal in time. I'll have to set my sights on some harder FBBC stuff because most of my stock is geared towards getting through the red nail cert. Should be fun!

Which FBBC bar are you looking at after the red cert?

Edited by Danny Young

8 hours ago, Danny Young said:

Which FBBC bar are you looking at after the red cert?

Shorter bastards I guess because I have some and can just cut them down, I've been sticking with only 7" stuff to keep my kink dialed in. Actually haven't done any fbbc certs, don't have a youtube account and too lazy to film the wrapping.

I do plan to order some bars soon, shiny bastards, 5/16 hex, 11/32. Edgin might fall in there somewhere but that's still probably a ways away. You tell me man :). I guess some of the cert bar packages don't seem too insane anymore.

I want to stay with BBW at most, never really done double wraps and probably won't unless I get really frustrated with the bigger bars, but I've got plenty of patience.

9 hours ago, wobbler said:

Shorter bastards I guess because I have some and can just cut them down, I've been sticking with only 7" stuff to keep my kink dialed in. Actually haven't done any fbbc certs, don't have a youtube account and too lazy to film the wrapping.

I do plan to order some bars soon, shiny bastards, 5/16 hex, 11/32. Edgin might fall in there somewhere but that's still probably a ways away. You tell me man :). I guess some of the cert bar packages don't seem too insane anymore.

I want to stay with BBW at most, never really done double wraps and probably won't unless I get really frustrated with the bigger bars, but I've got plenty of patience.

Start by cutting the reds to 5". After that cut the Bastard. When you can bend either a grand bastard or huge bastard in IMPs no bands. You'll be ready for a duke.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bending is out until after kk, need to make 83kg. Bad timing, but I didn't decide to do kk until the Dallas venue popped up, so I have to lose some weight and brush up on those events. That does not go well with bending.

Here's a little over 85 flask, and 151 anvil trainer, 46.85 hallow hub.  2.5 crusher is sitting around 125 lbs and don't have too much hope there, but maybe a little room for improvement on the other events.

Made 83kg Saturday morning with a bit of water manipulation, and king kong training is going well. I'll be in bad shape when I start bending again, but oh well.

Flask and shallow hub keep going up, crusher and anvil trainer are stuck I think, I'd be happy with 125 and maybe 145 on those.

Would love to hit 88 flask and 50 shallow hub, might happen. 2 more training sessions to go, and who knows what I can actually do it the contest.

• Like 1

87.75 flask felt good, on "weekday" sleep and on a Weds after lifting Sunday. Nothing else went up, starting to hit a wall on everything. That's good I guess, technique is all dialed in. One more session Sunday then rest, and we'll see what happens at King Kong in Ft Worth.

Making 83kg in the mornings with just a bit of water restriction, so if I don't blow my diet in the next 2 weeks I should be good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back to bending! King Kong went ok, messed up my flask attempts which sucks because I think relatively that was my best event, got 77lbs and jumped to ~85 I think and kept missing it. Should have done a bit better at shallow hub (got 44lbs) but that one is tricky. 125 crusher left hand, jumped to 131 and missed right. Coulda hit higher 120s. 143 lbh, I'm good with that one. Could have gone better, or worse, but that's contests for you. 131/244 overall, 15/31 83kg. That was a tough weight class, I originally got recorded as 93kg and just made top half there too.

Anyway, bending! Spiral red no bands, barely under a minute. Still got it for the most part. A bit rusty and no endurance.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 10:15 PM, wobbler said:

Back to bending! King Kong went ok, messed up my flask attempts which sucks because I think relatively that was my best event, got 77lbs and jumped to ~85 I think and kept missing it. Should have done a bit better at shallow hub (got 44lbs) but that one is tricky. 125 crusher left hand, jumped to 131 and missed right. Coulda hit higher 120s. 143 lbh, I'm good with that one. Could have gone better, or worse, but that's contests for you. 131/244 overall, 15/31 83kg. That was a tough weight class, I originally got recorded as 93kg and just made top half there too.

Anyway, bending! Spiral red no bands, barely under a minute. Still got it for the most part. A bit rusty and no endurance.

Buy lots of 0-1 drill rod

• Like 1

Usually warmup bend is .282 or .290, I need to get some more .2969, .302, 5/16, and I guess some a bit above that.

2 hours ago, wobbler said:

Usually warmup bend is .282 or .290, I need to get some more .2969, .302, 5/16, and I guess some a bit above that.

If you plan on ever bending an edgin. You'll have no choice to bend bigger drill rod. Don't forget 5/16" hex in SS & CRS as well as 11/32" CRS.

• Like 1

Well, one from last week and 3 from today, now I've got 4 red nails stuck about 90* using imps no bands. 2 new, 2 spiral. Can't crush for shit. 100% crush effort my form just goes out the window. Need to get back on some pushups and that should help sort it out. Been doing some upper back stuff with resistance bands every day so might be a bit less than 100%, but kinking feels good still. Weight loss might be part of it, under 180 in the mornings now.

I'll just get through all those stuck bars next week and hopefully be good to go the week after. Left shoulder AC joint still messed up but trying to stretch often, get in a corner and put elbows on the wall at shoulder height and lean forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, had a lot of trouble with these but got through them.

• Like 2

166 2x5 saxon, 259 titan axle. Never deadlifted before so I think that's holding me back a bit on the axle. Need to figure out hand placement for both, but happy with those numbers as a starting point. 180.65 lbs in jeans and shoes, trying to get down to 80kg.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wobbler said:

166 2x5 saxon, 259 titan axle. Never deadlifted before so I think that's holding me back a bit on the axle. Need to figure out hand placement for both, but happy with those numbers as a starting point. 180.65 lbs in jeans and shoes, trying to get down to 80kg.

William that’s awesome! Hey man just like with your success in steel bending - keep it fun and practice practice practice 

• Like 1

Yeah, thanks. Would love to get up to bodyweight on the 2x5 saxon, and need to get used to the feel of axle with tight collars.

• Like 1

Tried to bend tonight, worse than 2 weeks ago. Kinked a new and spiral red nail in imps no bands wothoutuch trouble, but now getting stuck at like 120* instead of 90*. Super frustrating. Weight loss may be an issue. Could make 80kg tomorrow morning if i wanted with a bit of water manipulation though.

Pain above my elbows, inside near triceps, that's a new one.

Did some "halos" with a 35 plate then a 25, not hard but pain at certain ROM on my left shoulder AC joint. Will keep at it.

Did sledge fingerwalks to kill some time. 

Just not a good Wednesday I guess.

At least my thumb pads looked big :)

• 2 weeks later...

Axle is not going up, 259 is feeling easier but no go on 265. 171 on 2x5 saxon. Hit or miss just clamping on a silver bullet with a 2.5, so that's not good.

Contest the 7th in Oklahoma, shooting for 80kg still, but don't like being this light, might not quite make it. It'll be fun either way.

Got an early xmas present from @Climber028 though, this little cut down gripper is insane, chest crushing that 252 ghp10 was a cake walk in comparison. Everyone bending should have one of these things, just grab a hard no name gripper with the widest spread you can find and chop the handles off. Could only move it about 3/4" and it sounded like a tree about to snap in a wind storm.

• Like 1

Is that the gripper making noise or your hands about to explode? I even had that little guy in a leg crush and could barely feel any movement, felt like my bones were just bending. 

30 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Is that the gripper making noise or your hands about to explode? I even had that little guy in a leg crush and could barely feel any movement, felt like my bones were just bending. 

Yes :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some gold bar and moon top yesterday. Moontop took chalk right away, did singles from 30 up to 36.5 every half pound or so, ran out of steam at the end so probably have more in me. I like that thing.

Gold bar was rough, some holds at 51 and max of 56.9, need more time chalking. I have a copy from luke that's got great texture and is about 1/4" wider at the top but same width at the bottom (= less slope) I can pull more on, glad I got a real one so numbers will compare better.

No real plan at the moment, just trying some new stuff out. Hope I can bend without tricep issues this weekend. And I should get back on the hang board since I've lost some weight.

No go on bending, triceps still tight and doesn't feel like something I should push through. Will do pushups twice a day for a week and see if it gets sorted out. Irritating.

Pinch was good, 2 7/16" euro 85 right 80 left. Wide for me, I got some 45s that are about 88lbs total, 2 3/8" but don't fit together well. Hopefully when I hit 90 euro I can get them.

Gold bar 58.55, chalk is sticking better, should keep going up as I use it more.

Here's the euro:

184.85 lbs on 2x5 saxon, failed 2lbs more. Worked up singles from 171 in ~2.5lb jumps. Keeping wrists engaged as much as possible, and adjusted hands a bit so my right takes a little more weight than left, about 3/8" further from center. Makes a big difference.

Got 48.05lbs on the Payne, that thing is tricky.

Weighing a bit over 180 with shoes.

Some pinch block curls at 26lbs. Then "halos" with a 45lb plate, left shoulder still a problem but improving slowly.

• Like 1