Wobbler log

wobbler

Got through a full deck of bicycles, had to take a few breaks.

No go on MGC2, 7+hr drive 

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted in awhile, been working consistently on card tearing and once a week on pinch/hub/blobs.

Couple videos from tonight, got much better at grippers out of nowhere. Might be random carryover, or I've been doing random heavy singles at work for the last 2 weeks. I call it the "lazy morgan" program because he does a few singles in the middle of bodybuilding stuff.

Card tearing has seriously helped my index and middle figer strength, so maybe I can just set a lot better. Right now I'm at 130 choker, 122 deep set, 109 ccs, 105 tns. All major improvements since last checked. Right hand, left is a little behind on grippers, 1/8" maybe for all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KapMan said:

I can tear bikes, but you can do the stuff that matters in gripsport. Nicely done bro

Thanks man, I'm getting there slowly but surely, was just looking at the start of my log from right around a year ago. Predicted I could clean that 40lb blob when I could get a full lift +5lbs and that turned out to be spot on. I was at 135 vbar :( and barely getting a 111 gripper fully rested.

No specialization plan, just one real workout a week whatever I feel up for. And try to do extensors and dex balls during the week to keep elbows happy.

For awhile there I was bending every couple days, then switched to card tearing daily.

Really been avoiding thick bar and rolling handles lately, need to put in some time there and then I should be pretty well rounded. Don't know where I'm at right now, but probably pretty bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Big vbar PR, a lot of technique changes and I wiped most of the chalk off, washed my hands so there was just a bit of moisture left on them. This is about as far as I can go now, will have to put in some time/work to break 250. That roll of tape behind it is 2" tall, wanted to get a clear shot in case it slipped when it was still low.

• Like 3

Another gripper pr, 126 tetting sm. And max on blockbustee, 64.6 left probably had a little more, right barely got it.

• Like 2

126 lbh, started with no chalk and that didn' work, put some on and it was better (video) then put more on and it was worse. Think I'm close to the sweet spot, and will try rubbing it in like for plates but it' hard on a curved surface.

• Like 1

Your blockbuster lift is excellent, strong!

22 hours ago, Shatterer said:

Your blockbuster lift is excellent, strong!

Thanks, it' a more comfortable width for me than the flask (I'm in the low 70's.)

Got some new 35s, "standard" with a China stamp but what caught my eye is they are actually machined, fit together great and come in at 2.75". They also have a shallow 5" hub with a big taper at the bottom, tried that a couple times but it was not happening.

Lots of small hops with my 45lb fatman blob, getting close. I hate that thing. Also got 137 lbh holding it higher up, doesn' feel secure but I can lift more that way.

Closed a 143rgc coc 3 choked to parallel yesterday right hand, left was within 1/16". Previous best choked close was a 130 2.5, a little wider than parallel.

Made 5 attempts throughout the day, 15+ minutes of rest between. Also some 105, 109, 111 singles working on wider sets.

Light levering, 5lbs on one end of an olympic dumbbell, 2 sets of 10 all 4 directions.

Did some stuff. Flask up almost 10lbs since end of April. 5" bull ring max, recently got some 35lb plates with shallow hubs I want to be able to lift. And some 25lb plate hub transfers, fun but I like to get the spoke in between index and middle and was having trouble catching it that way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

45lb blob finally goes down, or up I guess. Got a few lifts about halfway up with both hands, but this was the first/only full lift righty. 

Also got 5 olympic 10' at 5" wide, that came out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

61.5 lbs ironmind hub. Half lift/slip right and floated left with 62.8, trying to get to 65. Then some reps with 59.1, couple lbs makes a huge difference with hubs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

62.5 hub yesterday, those platemates really speed things up, it's easy to pull a little weight then do some reps.

Also did some flask, coming up on 77.5 lbs, probably get it next week.

• Like 1

Hub keeps going up, 63.5 lbs. No complaints with that progress. Got 77.6lbs flask left but not right.

Got a gold bar, feels really comfortable. I'm happy with 59lbs first time touching it, right hand slipped out and probably wasn't quite high enough.

65 bs hub, just keeps going up.

I thought maybe I just had it chalked really well (which I do) so tried my 45lb plate +10 and got it. Previous best was +7.5

25 minutes ago, FrankD said:

Awesome hub lifting man. Very impressive. 

Thanks man, I've always been pretty good at hubs but it' been going up like crazy lately. Not sure exactly why but I'm gonna ride it out and not change anything until it tapers off.

Sticking with hub and other stuff is going up with it. 68.1lb blockbuster and 66.5 lbs hub. Did some flask and goldbar reps, no changes there

But my best blockbuster was 64ish so that's a good jump for not training it.

• Like 1

Cold today, 60lbs hub slipped warming up and I had to rechalk it, got in my head a little so no increase on full lifts today. Floated 68 but bailed. Everyone's been doing holds lately so I did 60 for about 12 seconds both hands.

And 60lbs gold bar, second session with it. 

Then did a bunch of 45 and 50 blob negatives drags.

I'm hoping hub carries over and I can ride this for awhile. Seems to for blockbuster and gold bar, not so much flask and blobs, widths are too different.

• Like 2

Nice work on all areas of grip! Hard work and consistency is paying off big-time for you. 60lb held for 12 sec. both hands is outstanding on the Hub💪

• Like 1