Wobbler log

wobbler

I think the page is just clogged up, hopefully get to 2 and I'll try not to post as many videos. Last one is just a picture.

Underhand bending coming along, still cautious with it though. Only works if I start with my wrists in an uncomfortable position and rely on them springing back when I move the bar lower. Lots of pressure, still getting used to it.  Got a 1/4×5.5 which surprised me, then got 1/4×7 hex, best before that was one blue nail, a few yellows. Been levering some with an olympic dumbbell handle loaded on one side, just 5lbs but high volume.

Also got 45+7.5 hub right, air with left. It's 3.5x1.125 deep so different than imhub.

Here's the 1/4×7 hex bend, hub is also on my instagram. And I hooked up a crane scale to the imhub to get a baseline, need to do that with some other implements to help track progress.

Edit: got .302x7 drill rod to 90*, stuck there even with moving wraps further down. Endurance problem, and kink is no longer my limiting factor. Need to start chest crushing some grippers I think.

Edited by wobbler

• 3 weeks later...

Tweaked something on top of my left hand I think trying to crush that .302, but could have been from underhand, not sure. Weird pain for some motions, none at all for others. Been taking it easy, lots of dex balls and some 10 lb normal and reverse wrist curls. Tore a few decks of cards in the past few days, today bent a yellow nail in 1/3 nylon no bands reverse, crushed overhand with same (to 3/4", heh.)

• 2 weeks later...

First time with dubhub, pretty happy with deep, need to get used to shallow.

Edit: yellow nail, blue nail, 1/4×7 hex, all in suede no chalk. Left wrist has been getting better but bugging me still, took these slow and easy

Edited by wobbler
Bending
  • Like 1

.2031x7 O1 drill rod barehand. Next up is .2188, that's gonna be fun.

Edit: ok, so .2188 actually was a little fun, felt pretty good.

Edited by wobbler
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

ugh, can't turn off the bold. Been tearing a bunch of random stuff lately, cards, junk mail, phone books. Got a wrist wrench, that's pretty fun.

Got a Dc1 shoe to 90* and it's pretty well stuck there, don't really know what I'm doing so I'll have to watch some videos.

Left hand/wrist is probably 95% good, I think it was the underhand bending that caused the problem because that's the only thing that still doesnt feel right. 

Dex balls and a lot of extensor bands mostly for the past month.

Left hand feels good, 99%. Bent some stuff, 1/4×7 square, 1/4×6 g5 bolt, .29x7 drill rod. Felt good so I grabbed that .302x7 drill rod that was stuck at 90* since November.

Took forever but all in single imps. I chalked in between my fingers really well and focused on keeping that tight for leverage, was finally able to crush it down.

• 2 weeks later...

Some 6" bends, getting used to the different technique to kink, and obviously crush is harder on shorter bars and that's what I need to work on now. Trying new techniques there too.

With less leverage for the kink, I need to focus on doing things in the right order. Bar in position, shoulders up and back scrunched together, press bar into palms and load up wrists, then elbows forward while pushing shoulders out and forward. With 7" bars I could just close my eyes and go, but 6" if my wrists aren't ready before my elbows and shoulders move, it won't go. That square was hard all the way through...

Worked on blobs some, got my usa 40 with flat thumb instead of it cocked to the side, that's a big deal for me because it should help with wider blobs, I can get more of my fingers on the other side. Some negatives with a really slick 45 fatman, I hate that thing, no air yet.

I've been doing daily dex balls and imtug closes between thumb and palm, the latter is what I think helped the most, I need to develop that strength in the joint of my thumb for wider blobs and it should transfer to thick bar also hopefully. Be quite awhile before my straight thumb hub gets anywhere close to sideways thumb on hub.

Played with wrist wrench, got a few reps at 61.5 lbs both hands then a bunch of holds with 50. Couple reps 61.5 on flask, haven't worked pinch much so it's relatively weak. I try to add exercises in slowly in case something feels off the next day, with pinch it's more watching for skin tears though.

• Like 1

Thanks man

Try those fingerwalks! I do those at least every couple days too.

Got some work in last night, highlights:

120kg iron grip bar to q.5" in 2 minutes, single imps. Lost a rubber band and punched myself in the face just a little, finished with just one band.

140kg kinked pretty easily but ran out of steam and then had to make some food, so it's still sitting there, I'll get it though.

Tried out custom stub and half penny adapter Gil made me, 20.15 lbs half penny and 23.5 lbs stub. I'm not sure what good numbers for those are, but I still need to figure these out.

Did some sledge levering and fingerwalks after that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did some bending yesterday, home depot shiny 60d, a little harder than lowes galvanized but not much. .272x7 drill rod, harder than I remember it.

Then worked on that 140kg bar, 5 two minute sessions with some rest in between, got it almost to 90*. Good bar for me right now because my form has to be perfect or it won't budge. Mostly isos but very slow progression.  Got some videos and I'm pretty happy with how they look.

Will start in on a new red nail (thanks to Adam Juncker for sending me a few) after I finish the 140.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Bending went pretty good today, everything else I tried not so much. Oh well.

7mm drill rod warmup, done in 12 seconds.

Got a little wobble in a new red nail @Adam Juncker sent me, was surprised there. Wouldn't have tried for awhile except I told Adam I'd take a crack at it a couple weeks ago, been sick :/

Got that 140kg irongrip bar to 80* from maybe 100* (need to start checking before and after.) After pic is on instagram, don't want to clutter the thread too much.

• Like 1

I have that same shirt. Neat. 

• Like 1

Hah, great minds and all that.

• 1 month later...

Been tearing a lot of cards lately, consistently quartering cheap decks nut i jave to start all the tears over/under. 

Had a good workout today, bent 7mmx7 hex, finished 140kg irongrip bar from about 70* to 1.5", wobbled a 1/4×5 square but that length felt really weird, all in imps.

61lb deep dubhub, 62 lb flask (still getting used to it)

45lb blob work on deloader, 2ft  2×4 with 5lbs on the other end.

Then quartered a cheap deck of cards without using over/under technique, which was a first for me, so happy with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Beem pretty lazy lately, but made some progress on the flask today. Mostly figuring out chalking and hand placement, got a few more lbs in me before I can get consistent and figure out some good weight for reps.

Side note, definitely helps to have some 2.5s and platemates to add a little weight without having to take the flask off the pin. Those are my blob weight adders too.

I also made a quick and dirty offset loading device, not sure exactly how I'll use it yet but it also works well for a blob deloader if you put a small pipe under the middle.

• Like 1

65.8 looked too easy for yah. Pinch is deceptive though, for me anyway, and I can add 2.5 lbs and it be glued to the floor.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 11:46 PM, wobbler said:

Been tearing a lot of cards lately, consistently quartering cheap decks nut i jave to start all the tears over/under. 

Had a good workout today, bent 7mmx7 hex, finished 140kg irongrip bar from about 70* to 1.5", wobbled a 1/4×5 square but that length felt really weird, all in imps.

61lb deep dubhub, 62 lb flask (still getting used to it)

45lb blob work on deloader, 2ft  2×4 with 5lbs on the other end.

Then quartered a cheap deck of cards without using over/under technique, which was a first for me, so happy with that.

By over under tearing I assume you mean with the one hand on top, one on bottom, and hands facing the opposite direction? If so that the only way I can tear and it feels natural to me.  I just cant create tension with the other method. I tore 2 decks at 42 cards each today, been adding 1-2 cards a week for the past month or so. After watching ATG tear a mini deck like he was opening a candy bar I was pretty humbled.

• Like 1

It's pretty crazy, once a tear is started, even like half of the deck, I can get through the other way. I may try bracing some on my thigh, but I don't think that's my problem. Watch Nathaniel Days on Instagram, he's super good at tearing cards.

Edit: I got 68.5 up about 3-4" both hands, expect to get that next time if I start with it. My hands don't sweat at all so after being chalked for awhile they get too dry to pinch well.

Edited by wobbler

• 2 months later...

Slacking lately other than card tearing. Haven't lost much strength but no real carry over. Here's some card tearing and bottle cap bending.

Got 70 lbs up left hand on flask the other day, floated with the right.

Planning to work more on pinch soon, and start bending again. Did a 1/4×6 g5 in imps.

You gonna go to MGC Vol 2?

Edited by Adam Juncker

1 hour ago, Adam Juncker said:

You gonna go to MGC Vol 2?

I don't kow what that is, so maybe?

10 hours ago, wobbler said:

I don't kow what that is, so maybe?

John McCarter is putting on a comp in Missouri. It's in the contest forum. You should definetly go.  Should be a good time.  

• 2 weeks later...

From a few days ago, going to work this up till I can get the 35s.