Wobbler log

wobbler

4 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Nice lift, what is the amp do you got there? :rock

Laney 100w 2 channel reverb and 2 12's for guitar, built the housing from plywood. Why, you want it? :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Laney 100w 2 channel reverb and 2 12's for guitar, built the housing from plywood. Why, you want it? :)

Ok, just curious, Im a guitar nerd and I want to try all amps that exists in the world :D 

Gold bar going up, 61lbs right, got stopped at 56 left. Holds at 53.

80lbs on 2 7/16" euro left, floated 86 right a few times but no full lifts, started to tear and dropped to 85.5 and 85.3  but had run out of steam, didn't get those either.

110 lbs 2 hand gold bar, that was interesting. Lots of wrist because you have to get your fingers totally straight to fit both hands on it, so fingertips end up much further down.

Had a piece of. 277 drill rod with about a 20*kink in it, gave it a half ass hit and triceps still feel weird.

Halos with a 45 plate, more reps and less shoulder pain. A few pinch block curls.

Want to get back to bending once my triceps are back to normal. I guess it's tendonitis? Would like to bend once a week and pinch once a week but until that's resolved, it's pinch 2x.

• 2 weeks later...

One hand pinch yesterday, a lot of different widths and I got a dime sized blister on my right thumb, that I didn't notice until it started leaking on stuff... so that's not great. It's in a spot where I might still be fine with hub, so I'll check  on that this weekend.

Lots of eating and sleeping over the holidays and triceps seem better, will try to bend and see how it feels.

If neither of those work, it'll be left hand pinch and/or maybe sledge stuff. Maybe reverse bending. 

Tried to bend, got .290x7 drill rod in imps but failed .302. I bent one 1/4×6 G8 dec 7th and two at king kong end of October, but haven't really been able to bend anything else due to tricep issues. We'll see how they feel the next few days but almost over it I think. Weighing 177 in jeans, flip flops, and 4 beers.

• 2 weeks later...

66.45 on hub, I checked back through my Instagram and it's been about a year and a half since I worked on it. Not sure why, because I'm relatively good at it and enjoy hubs. Lefty was right where it had been, right a little less but my thumb skin is still little thin from a big blister. Did some goldbar too, no pr there.

• Like 1

Well, that sucked. Bending is harder than it used to be. Still a decent amount of volume before the skin on my middle finger knuckles split. I used to just beat up my index fingers, I'd prefer that, need to figure out what I changed with hand placement. No issues at all on my index fingers for quite a while now.

Hopefully I can get back in the groove soon. Weighed 180 with shoes on, trying to stay closer to 80kg.

• Like 1

Tried hub Sunday but didn't go well, skin on my thumbs wasn't holding up. Did some blobs, got up to half 90 pre-USA left, and +2.5lbs right, felt pretty good for not touching them in a while. My best is a couple inches of air on a blob50, not a priority at the moment but might keep with it.

I have been keeping up with extensor bands almost every day, seems to help with pinch.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had to lose a few lbs for 80kg, but just submitted my armlifting hub contest, 67.55 lbs. So far in the lead by ~5lbs and they say there is a prize so... Fingers crossed.

I floated 68 too many times because I thought I could get it, then couldn't lock out anywhere in between. Usually my right is about 2lbs stronger on hubs but not this go round, oh well.

Edited by wobbler

Well, my thickbar sucks (can't say I don't deserve it) so nowhere to go but up. Can see why I was stuck around 260-270 on axle because I was struggling with 135 on a 2" rolling handle today.

Not much to say here, slow and steady. Might have still been a little sore from last week. Did some light ~50lb wrist wrench reps at the end.

Posted this in the bending forum but I should put it here too, and I feel good the day after, so I'll get some more red nails under my belt and try to certify soon if all goes well. Last time I tried to bend I was miles away.

• 2 weeks later...

120 2.5 crusher, 145 2" bss trilobite. Failed 109 3" trilobite (100lb york plate + pin/implement) and didn't want to set up a different loading pin. Still grinding.

• 3 weeks later...

Little bit of radio silence there, been working on wrists a lot. Plate curls, sledge levering, fingerwalks both ways. And pinch, armliftingusa blockbuster online contest going on right now. Classes are +/-90kg, if you're an armlifting member you should submit something, only 2 lifts in the -90kg class right now.

I won the January hub 80kg class and got an ironmind gift certificate, so it's definitely worth entering. What else do you have going on right now 😕 ?

• 4 weeks later...

Bent some stuff tonight, been trying to do rehab things for triceps, and working on the armlifting blockbuster challenge. I find it hard to believe that nobody under 90kg hasn't posted up more than the 75.5 lbs that I'm in the lead with right now. Just have to be an armlifting member and submit a video to lockout. Contest is over at the end of the month, get on it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Won that blockbuster contest, LBH going on now so get on it. No way I should win that one, probably top out around 150.

Did some stuff tonight, vertical lift baselines not terrible, and progress on sledge fingerwalks. My left is always better on dexterity stuff. I write, play ping pong, and use a kitchen knife with my left hand, but am otherwise right handed, throw a ball, play pool, power tools. Anyway:

Solid bending session last night, felt pretty strong, I think vertical lifts will help my upper back and that will help with bending. Working on my chest crush, I need to be finishing these things without having to use the gripper crush.

Did more sledge fingerwalks too, bit of progress there.

• Like 1

Good progress on vertical lifts, killed the sledge fingerwalks. Weighing 183 today, not exactly dieting but staying home and cooking everything so I tend to eat more vegetables that way, diet has been relatively clean lately, generally feeling good.

Bending was hard today, but felt alright during and after. Humbled by some new FBBC bars, and had more trouble than expected with a red nail.

Sledge fingerwalks added 1lb to hard and easy way, didn't quite complete any of them but 80% or more. There's zero risk to pushing these, and a lot to gain I think. No idea if they'll carry over to anything, but wouldn't be surprised. Hands feel solid lately.

Also, got a grab ball and did a quick chalking shortcut video.

• 4 weeks later...

Bent some stuff, went better than expected.

Still doing sledge fingerwalks, but I re-taped it and now its got a weird texture, so been struggling a bit with less weight. May try a different kind of tape, or just deal with it, might get better with use.