Wrist Wrench = Inch Dumbbell

Blackdog

At what poundage does the Wrist Wrench equal the Inch?

Just now, Jüri Sankman said:

Roughly 100+ lbs. Based on few threads here..

Thank you.

Not so sure but good question BD.. I've pulled over 100+ on a WW & the Inch still escaped me.  

Imo- the Rolling thunder maybe a better comparison..  most guys that can pull 200+ can get a full lift with the Inch.  (New, spinning RT)!  

Good luck bud!  

• Like 1

For rolling handles you should compare with something that really spins consistently, like the FBBC crusher or similar.

I think it depends on the brand of WW. I don't think I've lifted more than 37.5kg on my WW and I've gotten some decent air while attempting the Inch.

A very good question – I’m sure as time goes by it’ll be asked more times than “How much do I need to lift on my RT to. . . .”

For me personally I think the figure is probably to be going a bit over 100lbs - maybe 110-115 I'd guess.

I put this down to a (homemade) galvanised handle and lagging finger strength.   My thumb strength is coming along nicely though !!!

Good Luck

10 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

For rolling handles you should compare with something that really spins consistently, like the FBBC crusher or similar.

Interesting.  I have heard different things about what the best tool is to train for the Inch.  I thought the Wrist Wrench had the current majority.  I haven't been on GB for a while and haven't been following all the threads though.

1 hour ago, Blackdog said:

Interesting.  I have heard different things about what the best tool is to train for the Inch.  I thought the Wrist Wrench had the current majority.  I haven't been on GB for a while and haven't been following all the threads though.

The best is to practice with real dumbbells, if you can't afford and have space for it the FBBC pro dumbbell handle is the best. It simulates a real inch better than anything else and you can also make it harder than a real inch by using plates with a bigger diameter.

The wrist wrench seems like a great tool if you don't have place for a lot of iron. Like if you're training in your appartment, seems ideal for situations like that.

The reason the Rolling Thunder is not good is because it's very inconsistent. Some of them spins very poorly, even if they're new, while others spins much better. The difference can be very big, 20 kg or more, the heavier you go the bigger the difference.

• Like 1

Bob said it better than I could.

"If you can lift over 170 on the FBBC Crusher and 100+ on the Wrist Wrench, I'd be pretty surprised if you couldn't lift the Inch as long as you were focusing on breaking the Inch off the ground slowly enough. "

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Bob said it better than I could.

"If you can lift over 170 on the FBBC Crusher and 100+ on the Wrist Wrench, I'd be pretty surprised if you couldn't lift the Inch as long as you were focusing on breaking the Inch off the ground slowly enough. "

Great info here.  I just bought the Wrist Wrench... Now time to buy the FBBC Crusher.... Thank you