This is what I trained for....

Adam Juncker

Saturday 10/14
CBT Week 3 Day 2

1.5" block was just a little too tough so I switched to MMS reps.
I'm using grippers at the very highest percentage programmed and I know I could nail grippers if I use the low end, which is what I did today at the end of the session. 

Also completed 2 extra sets identical to the last set. 
I dropped down about 5# and did 3 doubles with 1.5" block set for right hand

And did 3 MMS singles with a 128# left handed .

My oldest got a rubik's cube as a gift a week ago. His interest has gotten me back into speed cubing. I think this has some benefits for dexterity and it sure is fun anyway.  I remember the basic method like riding a bike but the CFOP algorithms are slowly coming back. 

Sunday 10/15

Wrist wrench: wrist curls

50lb scale weight
4 X 5

Bent rows
50 lb Scale weight 4 X 20

I was pressed for time so I did the wrist wrench at work in my office.  I just happened to find the scale weight a few weeks ago in one of our storage rooms. 

Pushups
21, 22, 23, 24

Sledge levering
Hammer curls
Right 15" 3, 4, 5, 6
Left.  16" 3, 4, 5, 6

Triceps extension
Right 21" 3, 4, 5, 6
Left.  22" 3, 4, 5, 6

Pronation
R & L 13"   6, 8, 10, 12

Supponation
Right 13"   6, 8, 10, 1220171015_173142.thumb.jpg.732a71bb2e70a10479ac987d07ef1c38.jpg

Monday 10/23/17
CBT Week 5 day 1

Everything went well. No misses and I used the 1.5" set block.  I recently bought a Silvis megalodon and a CoC 3.5 @ 182. I don't have many grippers in this range and so far I like the knurling on the Silvis.  Much sharper than the others that I own.

Last week was my deload for CBT and my other training.  I spent most of the week working 12-16 hour days between my normal job and assisting my dad's construction crew.  Hanging drywall, setting windows and doors, some framing and a bathroom demo.

Tuesday 10/24

Wrist wrench: Flexed wrist DL
(64.5 X 3 X 3 secs) X 3
51.8 X 10.

BW pullups
3 X 5

Easing back in to these. Still a little tension in the bicep but I think Ill be ok.

Biceps curls and some incline db press as well.

Friday 10/27
CBT Week 5 day 2
Good session. Used 1.5" block for all sets.  Added 2 additional sets just like the 3rd.

Pushups 5 X 20

Saturday 10/28

Wrist wrench wrist curls.
56.8 X 7, 8, 9
Followed by FG Extreme dumbell hold (75#) for 7, 8, and 9 seconds.

Pullups 3 X 5
Followed by bicep curls

Sunday 10/29

2-hand Flask pinch
5 singles worked up to 168

What can I say? I really suck at pinch. 

Blob lifts with 37.7 and 41.1

Sledge work.

Hammer curls
Right 15" X 5, 7
Left.  16" X 5, 7

Triceps Ext
Right 21" X 5, 7
Left.  22" X 5, 7

Pro/sup
13" X 5, 7

Left was able to do about half reps for supponation. Any more and my bicep gets really irritated. 

CBT Week 6 day 1
Meh. Mediocre session. Was not getting good closes at the high end of %'s so I dropped down to the low side of %'s.  Still using 1.5" block.  Hoping it pays off. 

Friday 11/3
CBT Week 6 day 2
Pretty worn out from this week so the session was ok.  I added 2 sets at the end and some light set practice.  I missed Tuesdays (10/31) Wrist wrench workout due to having to dig my yard up replace sewer lines.  So I spent about 20 hours 10 foot in the ground replacing lines.  Thank goodness a friend from work has a backhoe. 

Saturday 11/4

Wrist wrench: flexed wrist DL

(64.5 X 3 X 5 secs) X 3

52 X 2 X 10

BW Chinups.

3 X 5 with pauses at top and bottom. Followed by bicep curls.

Left bicep is feeling really good but not going to push it just yet.

Sunday 11-5

Sledge work

Hammer curls
Right 16" X 3 X 5
Left.  17" X 3 X 5

Triceps extension
Right 21" X 3 X 5
Left.  22" X 3 X 5

Pro/sup

13" X 3 X 5

1-hand pinch: 2" climbers
70 X 3 X 3

4-10's hoola-hoops X 5 both ways

Managed to pluck 5-10's off the ground. Despite making no discernable improvements in blobs the past few months my wide pinch is getting better. 

Here is video. 

• Like 1

Monday 11/6
CBT Week 7 day 1
Ganglion cyst on my right wrist flared up really bad.  Not sure why, it normally just exists but was really killing me that day.  I did all the sets but had to do all from parallel. 

Tuesday 11/7
Cyst is not any better but I got through my wrist wrench.

Wrist wrench: flexed wrist DL
(64.5 X 3 X 7 secs) X 3

Pushups
3 X 20

Light hammer curls followed immediately by some wrist supponation with a light band.

Saturday 11/11/17
CBT week 7 day 2
Meh. I went for the low end of the percentages and used the 1.5" block. Did an extra set at the high end from parallel.
I'm really sucking at grippers lately, and I have a lot of stressful stuff going on in my personal life.

As of Jan 2018 I'm taking over my dad's construction company.  I've been slowly moving into this role during this year along with my normal job and so there have been several sleepless nights.

Sunday 11/12/17
64.8 X 3 X 10

1-hand pinch: 2" climbers pinch
70 X 3 X 3

Chinups
3 X 5

Followed by bicep curls.

Pushups
3 X 20

Shoulder is feeling great, left bicep is almost better.

Separate business entity.  Completely different business really. The new housing market and renovations market are booming right now and there is a shortage of businesses to fill the need.  I would have done this sooner if it were not for health insurance.  

• 2 weeks later...

Messing around last week, I've been working on this for a while, just as a stupid human trick mostly.  

Going to retest on grippers soon.

• Like 1

Sorry to read about your injury - you're going to be missed at Gripmas - was looking forward to competing against you.  But if you're hurt enough not to compete - you really should take some time off and heal up.

23 hours ago, climber511 said:

Sorry to read about your injury - you're going to be missed at Gripmas - was looking forward to competing against you.  But if you're hurt enough not to compete - you really should take some time off and heal up.

Not really injured right now, my work schedules are not jiving right now. I have a lot of legal stuff going on in taking over my dad's business and finishing up stuff at my other job.  Really regret not being able to make it to Gripmas 17, but hopefully 2018

8 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

Really regret not being able to make it to Gripmas 17, but hopefully 2018

Bummer.  Keep the family business strong, and we will see you in 2018

Well. Took 2 weeks off after finishing CBT. Pretty frustrated.  No discernable gain.  Missed a 148# GHP7 from 1.5" block set by about 3/32.  Missed by the same amount from parallel.

I really wanted MM0 this year but I don't think it is going to happen. Too much stressful stuff going on in my personal life, it's pretty much zapped my CNS - at least I hope I'm not getting weaker anyway.

Also got 80 off the ground with wrist wrench but 85 just would not budge.

So I'm going to run CBT again with 1.5" block and set all % based on 145. This is probably a little on the light side but I'm going to put a lot of emphasis on set training.

And i have some ideas for pinch. I really need to get 4 good weeks in before southern squeeze. 

• Like 1

Tuesday 11/28

Wrist wrench: DL
(60 X 4 X 3 secs) X 3

Neutral grip chins (using RT and 2.5 crusher)
Alternated hands every set
3 X 8

Followed up with bicep curls and skull crushers

Also attempted 3 - 60d nails in reverse. Got each one at least 10° and this first one about 20°. Finished each DO. 

Continuing on with CBT. Going to use 1.5" block again and check every rep. This time I'm going to aim to completely close the gripper during the set. My set is definetly the weakest link right now.  Additionally, I'm going to add in some light set practice with my Vulcan on day 2.

CBT Week 1 Day 2
All good here. Focusing on completely closing the gripper during the set and checking every rep with the 1.5. I feel I can get the GHP7 Cert at the beginning of next year.

I was pretty dismayed about not getting it this year after testing on Monday. But I did notice that my sweep improved drastically after the last phase - even though my crush did not. So I want to keep the momentum I've built working on my sweep while getting the set and crush up to speed.

2 hand Flask pinch.

A few singles up to 163.7. This was more or less a test. Going to try to dial in the technique for Southern Squeeze.
Also tried my adjustable pinch. Pulled 155.3 which I think is good because it was literally a few minutes after pulling the flask.

Friday 12/1

CBT Week 1 Day 3
Added in set practice
Vulcan Chrom spring 1-1
2 X 5

2-hand Flask pinch
140 (3 X 5 secs) X 3

Pinch curl
22 X 2 X 10

Pushups
3 X 20

I haven't posted much here, but I got turned on to block weight training after reading John Brookfield's book a few years ago, starting with just upside kettlebells and vertical dumbbells at the gym. Recently I've been doing more blob stuff, and I was wondering what your ratios were for flipping and catching, toss and catching, and just lifting were? I just started with flipping and it is soooo much harder!

Saturday 12/2
55 X 2 X 10

Reverse curls
80 X 3 X 20

2.5 crusher

107 X 3 X 3

15 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

I haven't posted much here, but I got turned on to block weight training after reading John Brookfield's book a few years ago, starting with just upside kettlebells and vertical dumbbells at the gym. Recently I've been doing more blob stuff, and I was wondering what your ratios were for flipping and catching, toss and catching, and just lifting were? I just started with flipping and it is soooo much harder!

My current max blob is a 41# USA but I have not consistently trained blobs in a few months. My best toss and catch was with a 32# USA, but I have not done any of those for a long time.  My next blob up from the 32# is a Pre-USA 37.7#, and I really doubt I could toss and catch it. 

As far as programming, Jedd has a "Lift the blob" program. While I have not ran that specific program I plan to, and his other grip training stuff is top notch.  

Monday 12/4/17

2 hand Flask
127.5 X 2 X 7

Pullups
2 X 5

Chinups
4 X 6

Followed by ez bar curls.

CBT Week 2 Day 1
All good - very comfortable with the 1.5" block

Heavy set practice:
Vulcan V2,  3-3 - 3 X 3