13" X 10
14" X 10

Face Levers
5, 5, 7

Front raises
12" X 10
15" X 10
18" X 10

No braced bending this week. I failed on at 5/8 X 30", I mean, i only kinked it 5 degrees. I have been doing some conventional and sumo deadlifting behind the scenes and it's just enough to keep my back worn out. I've mentally assessed my progress on bending and I have the following weaknesses: the kink, the sweep, and the crush. If I just work on these I could be a decent bender 🤓

Here is my progress with my half 100 legacy:

Edited by Adam Juncker
I caint spell
  • Like 3

Spelling is ovrated. 

Dont count yourself out on pinch or bending. Both have long plateau periods with all of a sudden breakthroughs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saturday 5/12
Pinch & Thickbar W8D2

APA:
142.3 - 4 X 2 - (3, 3, 3, 6 seconds)

2.5 crusher:
103.3 - 4 X 2 - (3, 3, 3, 3 right, 7 left)

Wrist Wrench:
66.9 - 4 X 2 - (3, 3, 3, 5 right, 8 left)

Wrist Roller:
75# 4 sets of reverse

2" climbers: 70.3 - 2 X 3

Neutral grip chins: BW X 7, BW+10 X 7

BW axle holds: 205 - 24 secs, 22 secs

CP: 15 - 4 X 20

The way things are going it will be about a week before I can train again.

• Like 2

Saturday 5/19

Pinch and Thick Bar Week 9

APA @ 2.375"  150.3 - 4 X 2  - last rep held for 1, 3, 3, 7 seconds

So the past couple of sessions, and after today's first set, on pinch I thought that something wasn't quite right.  I checked the width and the APA was just a hair below 2.25"  I reset it to 2.375" and the last 3 sets went up very easily.  It's amazing what an 1/8" of an inch will do.   I really want to pinch narrower but the technique I'm using right now feels best at this width and is very easy on my thumb webbing.  

2.5 Crusher: 108 - 4 X 2 - last rep held for 3, 3, 3, 4 right & 2 left seconds

Wrist Wrench: 70.7 - 4 X 2 - last rep held for 3,3,3,3 seconds

Wrist Roller: 75# - Forward and Reverse X 1, Reverse by 4

Using the wrist roller in reverse as a reset after 2.5 crusher.  Feels good man.

BW pull ups, chin ups, wide and close-grip pull ups, 4 X 5

I worked on my 5/8" X 30" after all my grip and other workout stuff and moved it about 5 degrees.  

I bought some steel and I am going to make a power-rack.  It has been many years since I have done a weighted squat, but I'm really unmotivated to keep up with the body weight and calisthenic based stuff.  I considered kettle bells too, I still think it's a good idea I just have no idea where to start.  It will be a few weeks before the rack is complete anyway... I have some other #griprelatedfabricationendeavors going on....   

I should be back in a groove for more regular grip training too.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

Saturday 5/19

Pinch and Thick Bar Week 9

APA @ 2.375"  150.3 - 4 X 2  - last rep held for 1, 3, 3, 7 seconds

So the past couple of sessions, and after today's first set, on pinch I thought that something wasn't quite right.  I checked the width and the APA was just a hair below 2.25"  I reset it to 2.375" and the last 3 sets went up very easily.  It's amazing what an 1/8" of an inch will do.   I really want to pinch narrower but the technique I'm using right now feels best at this width and is very easy on my thumb webbing.  

2.5 Crusher: 108 - 4 X 2 - last rep held for 3, 3, 3, 4 right & 2 left seconds

Wrist Wrench: 70.7 - 4 X 2 - last rep held for 3,3,3,3 seconds

Wrist Roller: 75# - Forward and Reverse X 1, Reverse by 4

Using the wrist roller in reverse as a reset after 2.5 crusher.  Feels good man.

BW pull ups, chin ups, wide and close-grip pull ups, 4 X 5

I worked on my 5/8" X 30" after all my grip and other workout stuff and moved it about 5 degrees.  

I bought some steel and I am going to make a power-rack.  It has been many years since I have done a weighted squat, but I'm really unmotivated to keep up with the body weight and calisthenic based stuff.  I considered kettle bells too, I still think it's a good idea I just have no idea where to start.  It will be a few weeks before the rack is complete anyway... I have some other #griprelatedfabricationendeavors going on....   

I should be back in a groove for more regular grip training too.  

Did you start the Braced bar straight today or is it a bar you have been working on? I love my power rack, you can do so many great things in one. Post a picture when you are done, I’d like to see it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Did you start the Braced bar straight today or is it a bar you have been working on?

It's one I have been working on, and its probably somewherr around 15-20 degrees or so. I've had at least one bar seem to get stuck at 90 degrees and then finally yield.  

I'm going to have to get more volume in on some longer bars.  It's also going to have to be programmed in deadlifting and my other body workouts. Right now I'm just going by feels. 

• Like 1

Monday 5/21

Pinch W10D1

APA @ 2.375": 154 - 4 X 2

I am programmed for 85% today, but went with 87.5%.  I have 2 weeks left and would like to increase the percentage every session since the volume is the same.  

2" climbers + supination band: 70.3  - (2 X 5 secs) X 4

CP: 13.75 - 2 X 20, last rep held for 5 seconds.  

-----------------

DHWOG stuff arrived today: Horne Top, Moon Top, and a Gold Bar.  I'm putting together a video of my first impressions and literally my first lifts with the items. Here are the highlights:

Horne Top - 140 lbs - Right hand hopped it, Left hand was a good lift.

Moon Top - 30.8lbs was hopped both hands, 28.6 was good both hands.  

Gold Bar - 60.  I think I'll be good for more weight once I get stronger.  

• Like 3

Goldbar is super sensitive to chalk, you really have to slap the loose chalk off with a towel or it will take 5+ lbs off your lift.

Thursday 5/24

Thick Bar W10D1

2.5 Crusher 111.2 - 4 X 2 (3, 3, 3, 3 seconds (last rep))

Wrist Wrench 72.6 - 4 X 2 (3, 3, 3, 3 seconds (last rep))

Once again, was programmed for 85% but went for 87.5%.  My forearms are still sore. Used the Wrist Roller in Reverse as reset for crusher

Friday 5/25

Pinch W10D2

APA @ 2.375": 145.6 - 4 X 2 (5, 5, 5, 10 seconds (last rep))

Programmed for 80% but went with 82.5%

2" climbers + supination band: 71.8 - 4 X 2 

Gold Bar: 50.7 - 4 X 5 seconds

CP: 13.25 - 4 X 20

Neutral grip chinups: BW X 5, BW+15 X 5, BW+20 X 5, BW+25 X 5

Still editing video for my DHWOG stuff, it takes a while. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

Still editing video for my DHWOG stuff, it takes a while

C0DCA38C-8626-4C20-B5CD-62FA21E75C7E.thumb.jpeg.d9539b7ef68c9c8a2a0a4951d0efafdf.jpeg

• Haha 2

Monday 5/28

Thick bar W10D2

2.5 Crusher:  104.7 - 4 X 2 (4, 4, 4, R-7 seconds, L-3 seconds)

Wrist Wrench: 68.1 - 4 X 2 (4, 4, 4, R-7 seconds, L-10 seconds) If I had tried harder I might have gotten more than 10 seconds.

Wrist wrench was moving quickly and easily.  Very excited to see how I test in 3 weeks. 

For the crusher and wrist wrench I was programmed for 80%, went with 82.5%.  Also added 1 second of hold time.  For week 11 I think I will stick with 85-87.5% but add time to the hold.  

2" Axle: 

Power Cleans: 110 X 10

Timed Holds: 207 - 3 X 10 Seconds, 1 X 17 seconds.

Still using wrist roller in reverse, 75# X 7 sets

DHWOG is uploading to YT now!  

I really enjoyed this video Adam! Some cool training ideas, great reviews and I loved seeing your kids run in and out of frame. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

I really enjoyed this video Adam! Some cool training ideas, great reviews and I loved seeing your kids run in and out of frame. 

Thanks! You know as well as i do that training time is hard to come by so you have to train with the chittlins sometimes.  

• Like 1

On May 9, 2018 at 9:10 AM, Adam Juncker said:

Tuesday 5/8

No braced bending this week. I failed on at 5/8 X 30", I mean, i only kinked it 5 degrees. I have been doing some conventional and sumo deadlifting behind the scenes and it's just enough to keep my back worn out. I've mentally assessed my progress on bending and I have the following weaknesses: the kink, the sweep, and the crush. If I just work on these I could be a decent bender 🤓

Adam - 

Where are you getting your steel from?

Adam, great video! I enjoyed the whole thing. You are really strong on those pull-ups off grip impliments. I am like you with the kiddos running around and always like seeing that in others videos.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Adam - 

Where are you getting your steel from?

I buy 20' lengths from a steel supplier. O'Neal steel is the manufacturer I believe.  I have not tried anything else as far as suppliers. 

33 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

So totally worth the wait!

what hood do you use?

A pipeliner. If you can get used to a passive hood these are very comfortable. 

Tuesday 5/29

Pinch W11D1

APA @ 2.375": 154.5 - 4 X 2 (4,4,4, and 7 seconds) These went up without a problem but my skin was very greasy for some reason, despite washing several times with Dawn dishsoap.

2" Climbers Pinch: 77 - 3 singles each hand.  Was going to do 4 X 3, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Decided to do some plate pinching instead.

Gold Bar: 55.4 - 4 X 5 second holds.  I did more volume than this because a few times it slipped before I got the 5-count, so I would reset and make sure I get the full time. I really "dig" the Gold Bar, and it seems to work best if you squeeze as hard as you can.  

Coin DL: 8#.  For these I started at 12" and worked down the handle to failure.  The number listed is the last measurement of a successful lift.  

Right - 17", 17", 17", 18" PR

Left - 18", 18", 19" PR, 19" PR

CP: 12.5 - 4 X 20

Plate Pinches: 2-25's - 4 X 2, 2-35's X 4 attempts/negatives, Top Secret Plate Pinch Trainer 4 X 2

I used a piece of suede to protect my hands on the plate pinches.  For the last set of 2-25's on the left hand, I had to do it without the suede to keep from slipping.  I also floated the 2-35's right handed without the suede.  I then realized they were mismatched plates: I may have gotten it higher if they had fit tighter, but my thumb webbing is more precious than my ego so I went back to using the suede.  

All things considered, it was good session today. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I buy 20' lengths from a steel supplier. O'Neal steel is the manufacturer I believe.  I have not tried anything else as far as suppliers. 

There is a ton of variance with HRS.  Just tried a 30" bar that felt more like 24-25.  Don't get too caught up in it.  Ive been buying from online metals and they've been pretty consistent of-late.  And Kevin used them for the Bay State Bending Bash and it was pretty consistent with what I've been getting.  (I think they have several warehouses throughout the U.S.). The best used to be Fastenal, but I don't think they sell hot rolled at this diameter anymore.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buccos1 said:

There is a ton of variance with HRS.  Just tried a 30" bar that felt more like 24-25.  Don't get too caught up in it.  Ive been buying from online metals and they've been pretty consistent of-late.  And Kevin used them for the Bay State Bending Bash and it was pretty consistent with what I've been getting.  (I think they have several warehouses throughout the U.S.). The best used to be Fastenal, but I don't think they sell hot rolled at this diameter anymore.

I have considered other vendors but I can buy a 20' piece for $10 and can call them at 7am and pick it up at 8am. 

Friday 6/1

Thick Bar W11D1

2.5 crusher: 111.3 - 4 X 2 (4,4,4, Right 1 second, Left 3 seconds)  

Wrist Wrench: 72.3 - 4 X 2 (4.4.4. Right 4 seconds, Left 7 seconds)

Wrist Roller: Reverse 75# X 4

Greshamgripper Rows: 135 - 2 X 3  These were really tough. 

Braced Bending: 5/8" X 34" (1.5 mins), 1/2" Square X 26" (1.5 mins)

Chinups: BW - 5,7,7

I did several variations of rows, and that is why I feel I did so well on the bending.  These were definitely my fastest times so far, and in both cases the kink felt very strong.  Of course, if you don't get burnt out on the kink you have more left in the tank for the rest.  I am hitting a snag finding the position for the crush though - need more practice.  

2.5 crusher is kind of stagnating - I'm sure I have a technique issue going on.  

I feel incredibly strong on the wrist wrench, I may make another one and attempt some pull-ups on them after I retest. I have done a flexed arm hang from the WW and a 3" crusher before, but never could get a pull-up.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

Friday 6/1

Thick Bar W11D1

2.5 crusher: 111.3 - 4 X 2 (4,4,4, Right 1 second, Left 3 seconds)  

Wrist Wrench: 72.3 - 4 X 2 (4.4.4. Right 4 seconds, Left 7 seconds)

Wrist Roller: Reverse 75# X 4

Greshamgripper Rows: 135 - 2 X 3  These were really tough. 

Braced Bending: 5/8" X 34" (1.5 mins), 1/2" Square X 26" (1.5 mins)

Chinups: BW - 5,7,7

I did several variations of rows, and that is why I feel I did so well on the bending.  These were definitely my fastest times so far, and in both cases the kink felt very strong.  Of course, if you don't get burnt out on the kink you have more left in the tank for the rest.  I am hitting a snag finding the position for the crush though - need more practice.  

2.5 crusher is kind of stagnating - I'm sure I have a technique issue going on.  

I feel incredibly strong on the wrist wrench, I may make another one and attempt some pull-ups on them after I retest. I have done a flexed arm hang from the WW and a 3" crusher before, but never could get a pull-up.  

You had a great workout-very strong. GG rows exceptional weight!!

• Thanks 1