Right 20" X 5 X 3
Left.  21" X 5 X 3

Pro/sup

13" X 7 X 3

Wrist wrench: wrist curls
42 X 10
47 X 10
52 X 10

Supposed to start week 7 of CBT tomorrow but I'm gonna have to delay by one day. 

Monday 9/11/17
CBT Week 7 day 1

Tuesday 9/12/17

Neutral grip chins
BW X 19
BW +25 X 12, 8
BW X 8

Strict Pushups
4 X 15 did these on blobs for extra ROM and shoulder stability.

Wrist wrench: flexed wrist DL
57 X 9
62 X 9
55 X 9

Thursday 9/14

2" climbers pinch
67 X 2 X 9

Blob work.

Right: loaded 37.7 to platform X 5
Left: loaded once, unloaded X 5

Right: loaded 41.1 X 3
Left: unloaded X 3

Saturday 9/16
CBT Week 7 day 2
Pushups 4 X 17

One week of deload then a retest.  I have a few tricks up my sleeve for the retest.  It involves some new GHP7's and a setblock. 

Also have some ideas to test pinch involving my new chinup bar. 

Sunday 9/17

Wrist wrench: wrist curls.

52 X 7
57 X 2 X 7

I'm really glad I went with the wrist wrench for this cycle.  I'm going to see how it has helped my crusher. So I'll test both in the next few weeks. 

Did last day of CBT on Monday which was a deload. Everything was fine there.  This week I have been pretty inactive.  Getting over some illness and generally feeling pretty weak and puny.  Did some chinups and pushups today along with some light work on the shallow dub hub. 
Waiting for my thumb skin to heal.  About 2 hours after my last pinch day a blister formed on my thumb.  I am babying it now to get it heal up as quick as possible.  So I taped it up for today's stuff.

Saturday 9/23
Retested 2.5 crusher with left hand
Wrist wrench:

I was hoping for more but it is a 10 lb PR for crusher. 

Did not test the right hand.  Historically it has been +/- 2.5 lbs of the left hand depending on the day.  I was most focused on CBT and the thick bar was just icing anyway. 

Tested my max weighted pullup: total weight of 270 lbs.  I'm not sure if I should be happy about that.  It is almost 90 lbs over my body weight, but it seems pretty lame.  It was a full-lockout pull up with no kipping. 

Sunday 9/24

Sledge work
Hammer curls:
Right 16" X 3 X 3
Left.  17" X 3 X 3

Triceps extension:
Right 21" X 3 X 3
Left.  22" X 3 X 3

Pro/sup
12 X 3 X 10

Face levers 3 X 3 each hand. 

Tomorrow is retest for CBT on right hand .  shooting for 150#, after all.....  this is what I trained for.

Once this thumb heals up it's time to retest pinch. 
I Also bent DO tonight just to see how weak I've gotten.  

20170924_212136.thumb.jpg.e75315ebf9295ff3b9d90512e3f38a95.jpg2 pieces of 5/16 X 6 and 1 piece of 5/16 X 6.5. All CRS.  

I could not get in position on the 7" length.  Shoulders just would not cooperate and my technique was lacking.  So I had to call it quits.  

• Like 1

+90 lbs. is excellent pulling strength man! Any time you're at +50% or more on pulls/chins you can confidently say you're very strong. So you find the wrist wrench helpful in improving crusher performance? On the fence about getting one...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shatterer said:

+90 lbs. is excellent pulling strength man! Any time you're at +50% or more on pulls/chins you can confidently say you're very strong. So you find the wrist wrench helpful in improving crusher performance? On the fence about getting one...

For me, the WW was helpful because wrist flexion was my weakest link for thick bar.  I didn't want to use my thumb to trap the bar during rotation because I'm working narrow and wide pinch too.  So I focused on keeping my wrist completely straight through the movement on day 1, and then curling from straight to flexed on day 2.  

54 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

For me, the WW was helpful because wrist flexion was my weakest link for thick bar.    

Do you use the origional WW or did you make your own?

7 minutes ago, richcottrell said:

Do you use the origional WW or did you make your own?

I made one.  It is 2.375" O.D. which I believe is the same as the original.  

Retested for CBT.  I got a CoC 3 @ 152 RGC.  First time ever closing this gripper.  I will not submit this for MM0 because I admit the set is hard to see. I'm attaching some stills, I know the gripper was closed but the set may be just past parallel.  

Even so it is a victory for me, starting 2 years ago and barely closing a 70ish rgc gripper and now closing a 152 is pretty cool to me.  I know now that gains are going to come very slowly.  But that's ok.  

Screenshot_20170925-200251.thumb.png.a07e1e2920d0a7fffa2ba5883ab96f82.pngScreenshot_20170925-200213.thumb.png.2f605a19b8d11e6e80a9e4e73232f6a6.png

• Like 7

Congrats dude. Great close!

• Thanks 1

Tuesday 9/26

Tested flask
Right 80
Left 75

Pinch really frustrates me lately.  It makes me wonder why I even try.  It makes me wonder if I'm even trying too.
But I will continue on.  More new ideas and a similar but different approach this time.
I want to go to King Kong in Nashvegas and I likely will.  Don't care for the stub. My crusher and flask numbers aren't very competitive and I've never used a V bar.  Who knows what could happen though. 

Wednesday 9/27
CBT Week 1 Day 2
Went well.  This time I'm going to use 1.5" setblock and check every rep.  I was really hoping to be good for a GHP7 cert but just not enough in the tank after testing the on Monday.  The attempts on the 7 made me realize it will be good to train at the cert width. Hopefully I can maintain it through the whole program. 

Thursday 9/28
Wrist wrench DL:
(61 X 3 X 3 secs) X 3

25 lb plate curls
3 X 5

Pullups: total weight = 220.3
3 X 5

Lifted 96# anvil for several reps each hand and a few holds.

It has been brought to my attention that pullups use the overhand/pronated grip while chinups use a supponated grip.  So I've been doing pullups all along.  I guess. 

Friday 9/29
CBT Week 1 Day 3
Good session but I missed a few reps right handed on last couple of sets.  CNS was very slow to get going last night and I was generally pretty worn out.  A combo of poor diet and sleep this week didn't help. 

Saturday 9/30
Wrist wrench: wrist curls.
52.5 X 3 X 3

Pullups: BW
3 X 8

Pushups
3 X 20

EZ bar 1 hand hold. (Simulating deep hook)
60 X 3 X 7secs

I've got the itch to start armwrestling again but most of the guys in my area that I used to pull with aren't pulling anymore.  I've had mixed results getting guys at work interested in it too.

Sunday 10/1

Sledge work

Hammer curls
Right 15" X 3 X 4
Left.  16" X 3 X 4

Triceps ext
Right 21" X 3 X 4
Left.  22" X 3 X 4

Pro/sup.
12 X 3 X 10

Did some stone lifting in the yard
Shouldered my 160# a few times and 1 hand pinched my 90# a few times with right hand.
Also did some bottoms up presses with my 50# concrete kettle bell. 

I missed CBT Week 2 Day 1. Planned to do it while on vacation but it just did not work out. Week 2 day 2 was scheduled for today but I did day 1 today since it was a little more intense. 

It was a good session, CNS was not awake until the 3rd set but I finished with no misses.

Here are a few clips of Sunday's session.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VjOyzuRHEuw

Edited by Adam Juncker

11 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

That linked video did not work on my phone.  (Have not tried on a computer yet)

Edited by richcottrell

Saturday 10/7
Wrist wrench: wrist curls
52.4 X 3, 4, 5, 6

Pushups

4 X 20

Dumbell rows
100#  4 X 5

Plate pinch hoola-hoops
4-10s 3 sets of 5 hoolas

After last set I sandwiched a 5lb between the 4-10s and got 3 good lifts right handed and 1 left. 

Left arm has been aching in my bicep for a few weeks.  It hasn't stopped me from lifting and once I'm warmed up it's barely noticeable. After a little research on the triggers I'm pretty sure it's the bicep brachii that is tender.  I'm getting some pain when I suponate my wrist so that's what really nails it down for me.  So this means I'm going to have to calm down on the pullups for a few weeks and stick with some medium-duty rows for a while.  I believe this is called "climbers elbow" and is probably from overdoing the pullups. 

10 hours ago, richcottrell said:

It should be working. It works on my phone anyway.  

2 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

It should be working. It works on my phone anyway.  

Comes up as a broken YouTube link for

me buddy 

15 hours ago, richcottrell said:

3 hours ago, Chez said:

Comes up as a broken YouTube link for

me too

Edited by Adam Juncker
Link
  • Like 2

Works now dude

• Like 1

Sunday 10/8
1 hand Flask pinch

2 X (60 X 3 X 5 secs)
60 X 3

I know I won't gain anything for king Kong at this point but I wanted to do some work to make sure muscle memory will kick in on technique. Working with the 2" climbers pinch taught me quite a bit about my technique.

Sledge work.
Hammers
Right 16" X 3 X 5
Left.  17" X 3 X 5
These are getting sloppy. I think I'm going to do some front raises on Wednesday and try to lever 2 times per week. Still go heavy on Sunday do some higher reps on Wednesday. 

Triceps ext
Right 21" X 3 X 5
Left.  22" X 3 X 5

Pro/Sup
Right 13" X 3 X 5

Pronation
Left 13" X 3 X 5

Can't supponate left handed because of bicep tendon.  Hopefully a few weeks of healing and active recovery and be back at it.  

Monday 10/9
CBT Week 3 day 1
I had to get rid of the 1.5" block after 1st 2 sets.  I'm going to try it again for the next session or 2 but if I get any misses I'm going to rethink my strategy. 

Tuesday 10/10

Wrist wrench: flexed wrist DL

(61.8 X 3 X 5secs) X 3
These were easy. So after my third set I took a break and thought I would try a max hold on each hand.  Got 6 seconds right and 7 Left. Wierd.

Plate curls
25# X 3 X 7

96# anvil
3 X 5

bicep feels good today. I've been massaging the area and I did some curls with a light band for a nice pump.  I'm gonna keep at the light work for a few weeks. After some more research I now know I have to take curls more seriously if I'm going to be pulling like I have. 

Wednesday 10/11
1 hand Flask

64 x 4 X 3

Sledge work
Front raises

Right 12" X 4 X 15
Left.  12" X 4 X 15

Rear raises

Right 14" X 4 X 15
Left.  14" X 4 X 15

Pronation and Supponation
Light band