This is what I trained for....

Adam Juncker

Toss and catch, face lift, face lift flip it and catch it from the top, clean and press, swings like a kettlebell, put your thumb on the handle side to make it a little harder, add weight, try it with no chalk.

Yeah, drags just with ones you can't lift usually.

Edited by wobbler
Typo

46 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Toss and catch, face lift, face lift flip it and catch it from the top, clean and press, swings like a kettlebell, put your thumb on the handle side to make it a little harder, add weight, try it with no chalk.

Yeah, drags just with ones you can't lift usually.

I never payed attention to which side my thumb is on. 

Drags on concrete, linoleum, hardwood, travertine tile, shaggy carpet? which do you prefer? :tongue

Oh and thanks for helping me get to page 3.

Edited by Adam Juncker

Another early morning workout.  I woke up at 3 am and couldn't go back to sleep. shift work insomnia.

So: 

Pushups: 25 x 4

Leg raises hanging from pullup bar:

4 x 10

Barbell curls:

60 x 10,

80 x 7

90 x 5

105 x 3

Pull ups:

5 strict 

+25lbs 4 strict

+25lbs 3 strict 

+31lbs 2 strict 

Did some sledge levering and sledge Choke with a 8lb sledge.

Bent a 40d nail in reverse single suedes

Pretty pumped about the pull-ups since I weigh about 205 right now.

Edited by Adam Juncker

This session was done after several 12 HR shifts and almost no sleep. still not bad really.

Grippers CCS closes.

Right

Coc1.5F 97#  8, 8

HG250F 105#  6 reset at 4, 5

Ghp5 110#  3+1m, 2+1m

Tetting master 115#  2+1m, 1+1m

RB260N 115# TNS X 1

Coc2F 120# 3 attempts (it's filed but I'm confident it was closed at least once)

RB210 125# 2 attempts about .25-.375 off

Left

Coc1.5F 97#  6, 5

HG250F 105# 3, 3

Ghp5 110#  1+1m, 1+1m

Tetting master 115#  2m,  2m (just barely)

Then did 10 MMS closes w/ 5sec hold each hand

Rb210 right

Coc2f left

Monday 11 21 16

Met up with @Handyman to see where we are at for Southern Squeeze .

I worked a bunch of 12 HR shifts and got very little sleep this weekend. went over to lift right after work, but results were still decent.

2hp wasn't that great, we are still using 45's sandwiched together and the edges are sharp. I'm really trying not to destroy my thumb webbing so I pulled 135 for a single, tried 140 with no air.

1 hand tips tester showed improvement - hit 117 for a single. I think it will be reasonable to hit 125 in comp.

I closed a gnc 250(?) 129# for 6 sIngles - 20mm block set. I think these handles are 5/8" diameter - cool gripper. I'm hoping to get in the 140s for comp. 

We did some blob lifting, just for fun. I flipped and caught my 29# blob ( after about 5 failed attempts ).

I plan to do some CCS gripper training today and then one more time this month. December will be 20mm block set only, then deloading. 

• Like 1

Grippers CCS closes. I did not feel strong tonight for some reason. I did quite a bit of work in my shop today, including some metal fab and welding. either way, good session just nothing to write home about. 

Only trained right hand because the left is still sore, but I'm not sure what from. The radial side of my forearm is really sore, from my hand to about halfway down the arm. Hopefully it's just the change in weather. 

Right

Coc1.5F 97# 8, 6

HG250F 105#  7, 5

Ghp5 110#  3+1m,  1+2m

Tetting master 115#  1+2m, 1+2m

Coc2F 120# 3m, 3m

32 reps total.

MMS  closes with 5 sec hold:

RB210 125#  10 singles

I mentioned working in the shop...

@richcottrell posted a video about what he calls the cinne-pinch, possibly inspired by @Jared Goguen(?).

I had to build one, as I'm very dissatisfied with my ttk.20161123_174409.jpg

It closes completely which I like, and is 3" when fully open. I added extra slots so it will open to 4" and 5" wide. 

20161123_220240.jpg

I'll be training with this thing in the future.20161123_202512.jpg

• Like 5

Cool. Looks like it would be easy to add elastic bands to the end also.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam Juncker said: 

@richcottrell posted a video about what he calls the cinne-pinch, possibly inspired by @Jared Goguen(?).

I had to build one, as I'm very dissatisfied with my ttk. 

It closes completely which I like, and is 3" when fully open. I added extra slots so it will open to 4" and 5" wide. 

I'll be training with this thing in the future.

Cool that you built one so fast.

the idea was actually inspired from movie camera cranes (or as they call them in television a "jib").

that is where the name The Cine-Pinch came from.

jared inspired the style of the video I posted, but he got an extra shout out as he had a contest a little while ago on his YouTube Channel, and I won an free gripper from him.

i have no means to make a Cine-Pinch in metal so I will have to do with my Lego for a while... But I would think because the weights are low, a wooden version could be functional.  

i have a few more ideas on how to make this concept better but you win bragging rights on being the first one to make a non-Lego version.

let me know how it is working for you

rich

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wobbler said:

Cool. Looks like it would be easy to add elastic bands to the end also.

Yeh the ratio is tough, micro-loading will be necessary because even 1lb weight jumps feel like a lot. 

Friday 11 25 16

First off, Left wrist is still hurting - ulnar side of the arm.  Pain really fires up when I pronate my wrist.  No idea what I did but hopefully it's just some tendon soreness and not a major issue. I'm wearing a brace to restrict the rom and i stopped taking any nsaid's (otc of course) because they weren't helping anyway.

Afternoon: grippers Right hand.

I did some right handed grippers, 3 singles/attempts on the following grippers. I don't like doing singles because I see them as "testing" and not training (mostly a mental thing) - If I get a good close and the set is still good I always try for another rep when I am close to my 1RM.

HG250F 105#            3 singles slammed
Ghp5 110#                 3 singles no issues
Tetting Master 115# 2 singles + 1 miss
Coc2F 120#               1 single + 2 miss.

This workout was hijacked by my brain because I attempted my 97# gripper after warmup and decided I wasn't rested enough to train today. But I still need to get the closes in so I did singles.

Night training after everyone was in bed.
Everything is right hand only.

EZ bar curl w/ Fat grip: the hardest part about these is balancing the bar while you curl. I do these standing with my elbow and tricep resting on my incline seat (with seat set to vertical).

40 x 7
45 x 7
50 x 5
55 x 3

Shallow hub

34.5 x 5secs x 5
39.5 x 5secs x 5
42.0 x 5secs x 5
47 to LO

Hub felt great so I attempted my new plate and got a little air. I'm amazed at how little my shallow hub trainer prepared me for the actual feat.

Cinne-pinch

This is a new device so I'm still experimenting but first impressions are good. I got a pump in my thumb like never before. The rom is perfect. And it saves my skin too. Thank you Mr. @richcottrell

3 x 20
5 x 20
6 + 2 grippers x 15 (I reckon this to be 7 lbs)
6 + rubber band x 10.

It needs some tweaking because the ratio is too tough - a 2.5lb jump on the weight side is actually a 10lb jump on the thumb side.

Blobs

32.3 x 5secs x 5

Index on top x 5secs x 5

Pinky tucked x 5 secs x 5

Index on top with Pinky tucked x 3 secs x 5

Ring and Pinky tucked- several attempts.

37.7 - figure 8 drags x ~ 1 min

41 straight back drags x 5 ft x 2

44.9 few short drags.

I just realized this is quite the novel - if you're reading this, I hope it was worth your while would like you congratulate you for this accomplishment.

• Like 1

Sunday 11 27 16

Grippers CCS closes.

Right

Coc1.5F 97# 7, 6

HG250F 105# 6, 6

Ghp5 110# 1+1m, 3+1m, 2+1m

Tetting master 115# 2, 1+1

Coc2F 120# 1+1m, 2m

Still letting the left wrist heal, so only right handed gripping. I'm glad this is going to be my last CCS training until next year. my calluses will thank me over the next month. 

That aside, I got some good work done since september. my left hand hit a PR of CCS a 115# gripper. I was struggling to close a 105 when I started. my right hand come-back tour went good too. although it's not as strong as it was pre-injury, it's coming back quickly. I'm only about 10# shy of where I was pre-pre-injury. 

Now it's time  plan for Southern Squeeze. 

20mm block set -

i can close a 134# 

I want to get a 140# in comp

1hand tips tester -

I've hit a 117 and think I could maybe get 125 in comp 

2hp. this is my weak link and I've never used a flask. I'm gonna shoot for anything over 135lbs

Edited by Adam Juncker

Finally lifted that Anvil by the horn! It all started with some attempts, then some assisted lifts with a hold at lockout. Then I found my groove and that baby came off the ground. I captured this on film, after about 10 failed attempts. The lifts didn't fail but my scale, the camera, my kids were in the shot - something happened and I had to redo it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jtbweYbmRQY

Shallow hub:
37 x 5secs x 5
40 x 5secs x 5
43 x 5secs x 5

Pistol grip dumbell w/ 2" handle hammer curls
25 x 8
27.5 x 10 (brain malfunction)
30 x 8

8lb sledge levering: 33" handle
Front and back raises
14 x 5
16 X 5
17 x 5
Pronation and supposition
14 x 5
16 X 5
17 x 5

Cinne-pinch:
5 + rubber band x 10 x 2
6 + rubber band x 8
I tried something new, I used a spacer to prevent the thumb side from closing more than 2 inches. I then assist it closed to this point and then hold it closed for time.

I managed 15# for 5 secs x 5

Then I did some blob work with the 32.3 - didn't feel strong today

I also held my 44.9# in the crook of my wrist and did some short rom cupping.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2016 at 11:55 PM, Adam Juncker said:

Tuesday 10 4 16

Grippers both hands.

CCS closes:

Coc 1F #87  x 5 

Ghp 4 #91 x 5

Coc 1.5F #97 x 3

Coc 2 #107   3 misses left, solid closes right.

Strap holds: at least 5 seconds but to failure

Coc 2 #107 x 5 

Ghp 5 #110 x 5

RB260N #115 x 6

Coc 2F #120 x 5

Did a few MMS attempts on these grippers. Right hand feels surprisingly good despite not using grippers for several months. 

You said you felt very strong even though you have not done grippers for months....I was like that too....after taking lots of time off from grippers, I came back and was almost able to match where I left off years before....

• Like 1

That's right @Paul Markowski, my hand was feeling good.  About 6 months or so ago I tore the collateral ligament in my right-middle finger; I could not even MMS a light gripper for a long time.  So I resolved to put them down for several months.  The ligament is still tore, and will never heal on its own, but I am CCS closing grippers without pain.  When I joined this board I CCS closed a CoC2.5 (130#), and a closed my 120# in my last CCS session a few days ago and barely missed a RB210 (125#) a week ago. 

• Like 1

Friday 12 2 16

I'm getting sick and my CNS definitely feels whooped. I should have closed the 2.5 but I just feel weak and puny. I should have known it wouldn't go good, it took everything I could muster to get 100# off the ground with my 2.5 crusher this morning. 

Grippers 20mm blockset

Right

Tetting Master 115# 5, 2+1
Coc2F 120# 
Rb210 125#  3, 1, 1
Ghp6 130#  1, 1
Coc2.5 135# 1m, 1m, 1m (by about 1/8")
HG300 140# 1m, 1m, 1m (by about 1/4")

20 forced closes with 5 second hold using the HG300. 

Grippers 20mm blockset

I did this session at work, no chalk, no set block, no excuses, just closes. I used a piece pipe that a little over 1" in diameter as my set block.

Right

Tetting Master 115# 10 x 2 speed reps
Rb210 125#  5 (reset at 4), 3+1
Ghp6 130# 3+1m, 1+1m
Coc2.5 135# 2+1m, 1+1m
HG300 140# 3m, 3m (largest miss was .125")
This thing is going down in the next few weeks.

15 forced closes with 5 second hold using the HG300.

Left wrist still isn't feeling it yet. At this point, i just want it healthy for 2hp at Southern Squeeze. I can use my right hand for everything else.

Right hand only, Left wrist is getting back to normal but I'm going to wait another week before lifting with it.

Shallow hub:
37 x 5secs x 5
41x 5secs x 5
45.25 x 5secs x 5

2" Pistol grip dumbell: hammer curls
25 x 10
35 x 8
42.5 x 6

Cinne-pinch:
2.5 x 10
5 x 10
7 x 10
10 x 10

2.5" adjustable dumbell
77 x 10 clean and press
88 x 7 clean
93 x 5 x 2 DL

Blob work at the end. 32.3 x 15 or so 5 sec holds.

Edited by Adam Juncker
Added blob

Fatgrip Dumbell curls

40 x 10, + band x 10, + bands x 10

Tricep extensions 

40 x 10 x 3

Sledge levering right only

16 X 5 x 3 pro, sup, front & back

Used my MAT trainer a little. been a while...

Tried grippers tonight. missed my 130 so Im going to save it all up for tomorrow.

Grippers 20mm blockset

Right

Tetting Master 115# 8, 4, 3
Rb210 125#  2+2m, 1,
Ghp6 130#  1+1, 1, 1m
Coc2.5 135# 2m, 1m, 1m, 1m
HG300 140# 2m,

Forced closes with 5 sec hold: HG300 x 12

Time to deload. I was hoping to get another week in before deloading but my hands say it is time. I think I will do some high reps for 2 sessions then light TNS or CCS for one session then start making a big push for Southern squeeze. Although it's only 1 event, my goal is to close a 140# so I just gotta do it.

Left
Did a warmup but just for blood flow, letting things heal still. Yesterday's Bicep curls didn't seem to bother the wrist but I'm going to play it safe.

Adam, use a harder gripper than your HG300 for the forced closes if thats the gripper you want to close. If you have one that is slightly harder, like 3-5 lbs that would be good.

• Like 1

I've got some on the way from CPW, low 140#s are hard to find.

Ive been sticking with the 140# too because my next gripper is a coc3 @ 153#. it forces my hand open pretty quick. thanks for the reply, glad to see someone is reading.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I've got some on the way from CPW, low 140#s are hard to find.

Ive been sticking with the 140# too because my next gripper is a coc3 @ 153#. it forces my hand open pretty quick. thanks for the reply, glad to see someone is reading.

I'm reading your log, too.  You're doing some solid work here! 

• Like 1

I had a really busy weekend and he past few days have been a little off too. 

I dI'd some TNS with my warmup gripper ,  an hg150 (60#) and a filed coc1(87#).

3 sets of 8 reps on each.

Lots of extensor bands and reverse wrist curls with my wrist wrench.

I cut my calories this week by about 200 and am really watching my sodium and carbs.  I have to weigh in for some health care balogna at work and I gotta be under 200# with my work clothes on. no clothing allowance at weigh ins? balogna.

I picked these up from CPW. can't wait to start using them.20161214_140656.jpg

Not sure if filing a GHP is sacrilege or not, but it sure feels like it is.

Edited by Adam Juncker
  • Like 2

Haha I agree I would never file GHP's, not the Spectrums either, they are too nice in my opinion. But that filed GHP will help you a lot so who cares!

• Like 1

Left wrist seems to be back to normal. I hit it pretty hard and don't have any inflammation or  stiffness.

AM deload: grippers

TNS right and left

Hg150F x 10 x 2
Hg200F x 10 x 2
Coc1F x 5 x 2

MMS speed

HG200F x 10 x 2
Coc1.5F  x 5 x 2

Evening hub and stuff

Cinne-pinch closes for speed

2.5 x 10 x 2
5 x 10 x 2