The road to my first grip contest, and beyond!

Gingernaut25

well, things are looking good that I'll get to go to the Canadian leg of king Kong  in Ottawa this October!  Really excited about that.  Also co-hosting a grip meet here in Edmonton the week before with Mr Jason Steeves.  I'm being overly optimistic but possibly going to the Los Angeles fit expo in January. .... if I get some debts squared away first.  Set up a go fund me to help with travel expenses and collecting some grip gear to train properly.  

As for the log here's my first entry.  Didn't get as much done as I'd hoped.  Had to go on a wild goose chase to multiplebanks. 

CGBP: 330x5   345x3   365x1. Been having some shoulder pains since a stupid attempt at a pathetically small nail a month ago.  First time successfully pressing pain free in over a month.  First set was supposed to be 325 but the kg plates got me again! 

Strict press with Swiss bar: 210x5  220x3 235x1

Little big horn 4x3 lifts left and right with 150 lbs

Then had to leave to hopefully meet a guy wanting to by my old Hyundai accent. ... yes I fit.  Just barely but I fit

• Like 3

Ankle still want ready for push press. Tried circus db, wasn't ready for that either. 

Upright rows 185x5/ 205x5, 5

Rear laterals,  focus on iso hold:20x12,12,12

Z press:135x5,5,5  these suck! 

Standing side laterals:  30x15/4ox12/50x8

Face pulls: stack x20,20,20

Alot of dexterous hand work at work today.  Hands were pretty toasted. Reworked my program to get more back to basics, still planning to follow a 5x5 type protocol for primary lifts and gradually increase grip work volume.  I work for a company that makes and services conveyor belts. I was hired on last week as a warehouse coordinator but they seem eager to make me a conveyor technician.... I'm not sure I want that despite the fact it could be more money in the long run.  2 reasons being I'd likely have to shave. ... and I plan to jump ship if a Correctional Peace Officer job presents itself.  That's what I want to be doing.  

• Like 1