Where can I buy an Inch dumbbell replica in Europe??

Royz

5 hours ago, Jared Goguen said:

I hear you. You can spend your money how you please but if I'm going to spend my money on something it will be with the original creators and not stolen knock off's.

Just cause something isn't patented and its legal to knock off doesn't make it right.

Go invent a great product that you start selling and get back to me about your feelings on this subject when your product is cheaply made in China or Russia.

I understand where your coming from Jared and I symphatize, however originality is a difficult subject with most of the products they are selling.

Let's take the adjustable gripper for example. Surely a badly made rip off of david Hornes adjustable gripper. However was David Horne the first person in history to make an adjustable gripper? Surely not. He did improve upon earlier designs though. Then we have Robert Barabans adjustable gripper, also a rip off from Davids design, but sold by Matt Cannon, does this make Matt a bad guy too?

Or let's take the anvil trainer. A rip off from IM's litlle big horn? FBBC and Sorinex (and possible more companies) sell anvil trainers too. So who's was the original and who are the cheaters?

The wrist wrench? Basically a piece of pipe with two strings attached. Who is to say somebody in history didn't think of that one earlier? I could go on and on with this.

And even apart from that Silarukov is serving a different market. 95% of what they are selling will probably go to Russia or Europe. Likewise FBBC for example will mostly serve the American market with a few dedicated customers wiling to spend the enormous shipping costs as an exception.

Still haven't got a viable option to buy an inch dumbbell in Europe from anyone though (apart from Silarukov that is).

Edited by Royz
  • Like 2

@Royz have you contacted Stan Pike?

Unfortunately it seems like the shipping costs from SilaRukov are pretty much as high as from FBBC and Russia is not in the EU so in terms of shipping I don't see much benefit to order from there. Their products do have a lower price tag though.

The shipping costs for my order from Silarukov were just €30,-.
No way I can ship the same amount of stuff from the US for the same price. 

Edited by Grind

37 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

@Royz have you contacted Stan Pike?

Unfortunately it seems like the shipping costs from SilaRukov are pretty much as high as from FBBC and Russia is not in the EU so in terms of shipping I don't see much benefit to order from there. Their products do have a lower price tag though.

I will send him an email! Tnx.

12 hours ago, Grind said:

I've bought them about 5 months ago. Got fast responds. 

I've also made a pro handle (metric) so for me personally I don't need an Inch replica. 
If you can't find a Inch replica in europe you could always order the pro dumbbell from FBBC. 

A long term idea was to have 10# and 20# plates cast that are hemispheres. that way you could take a pro dumbbell and overtime build it into an Inch replica in size and weight. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Grind said:

The shipping costs for my order from Silarukov were just €30,-.
No way I can ship the same amount of stuff from the US for the same price. 

I just got a quote for 30€ from them but thats only 4 kg's and the shipping is supposed to be very slow. But I guess thats an OK. As for the Inch Replicas I don't see much problems with the shipping since they are very affordable.

I just asked if they sell the dumbbell's to international customers, hopefully they do.

Edited by Fist of Fury

I've contacted Silurakov and the shipping costs for the 78 kg dumbbell are €350,-. That much more than I expected...:(

36 minutes ago, Royz said:

I've contacted Silurakov and the shipping costs for the 78 kg dumbbell are €350,-. That much more than I expected...:(

Thats pretty much what I expected. It's understandable that the costs are like that, not a fun thing to handle to be honest :D

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Thats pretty much what I expected. It's understandable that the costs are like that, not a fun thing to handle to be honest :D

I got this image in my head the other day of the mailman casually walking up to my house with the inch dumbbell in one hand and a bunch of mail in the other.:laugh

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Royz said:

I got this image in my head the other day of the mailman casually walking up to my house with the inch dumbbell in one hand and a bunch of mail in the other.:laugh

Hahaha :D 

What are you plannig to do? I'd say, the best thing you can do is to make a handle yourself or buy the Pro Dumbbell from FBBC if your intent is to train only.

He could train the "inch type deadlift" every week if he wants to. We live about 15km from each-other. 
If no one in Europe actualy has an Inch replica it's the closes thing you get from handling a real Inch replica.

Edited by Grind

Prices I got from Silarukov, including shipping costs to Sweden (which is probably the same for most west european countries):

78 kg is 670 EUR,

66 kg is 550 EUR,

54 kg is 460 EUR,

42 kg is 370 EUR.

Then you obviously need to pay taxes on top of that. I'm not sure it's any cheaper than ordering from USA.

On 25. August 2016 at 3:23 PM, Royz said:

Tnx! I can see them now and they look great! However my russian is a bit rusty so I can't really see how much they cost.

Funny thing is on the english Silurakov website they don't seem to sell the inch dumbbells. http://mrstronghands.com/
I will send them an email I think.

They probably they can't shipp it because it is too heavy. 

image.png

On 25. August 2016 at 6:32 PM, Grind said:

I've also bought a bunch of grip stuff from silarukov and the quality is very good. 
The grippers I don't need. Got tettings, coc's and ghp's and that enough. 

large.SILARUKOV1.png.71a328f6e6ee8ff651b

I think Roy wants a dumbbell that 'rotates' like an Inch replica. 

Yes the quality is very good. I also have the 4 block weights. Very nice.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Liam Trott said:

Is there anyone with a decent Inch replica in Europe? Germany maybe.

I have the 4 Gladiator Inch replicas. I am not sure but i think they are 38, 52, 64 and 78 KG. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Grind said:

I've bought them about 5 months ago. Got fast responds. 

I've also made a pro handle (metric) so for me personally I don't need an Inch replica. 
If you can't find a Inch replica in europe you could always order the pro dumbbell from FBBC. 

I have the FBBC. It is great!

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

I have the 4 Gladiator Inch replicas. I am not sure but i think they are 38, 52, 64 and 78 KG. 

image.jpeg

That's a fantastic collection. Would you consider letting me come and pick them up when I am stronger? 

7 hours ago, Liam Trott said:

That's a fantastic collection. Would you consider letting me come and pick them up when I am stronger? 

No problem Liam.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input guys. Not sure what to do yet. I don't need the inch nor the pro dumbbell handle as a trainingtool. I feel fatgripz are serving me well enough. When I'm strong enough I just want to be able to lift a 'real' inch and not a plate loaded version.

I would sell my Gladiator Inch set if you want but you would have to pick it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Royz said:

Thanks for all the input guys. Not sure what to do yet. I don't need the inch nor the pro dumbbell handle as a trainingtool. I feel fatgripz are serving me well enough. When I'm strong enough I just want to be able to lift a 'real' inch and not a plate loaded version.

A trip to finland or england will be cheaper if this is what you are looking for.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

No problem Liam.

Your the man Jörg. How much would you sell the set for if someone came and got them?