Where can I buy an Inch dumbbell replica in Europe??

Royz

Does anyone know if there is some place in Europe where they sell Inch dumbbell replica's?
The shipping costs from US to Europe just makes the price too astronomical for me...

They used to sell them at choiceofchampions.de, but not anymore.

At Watson gym they sell these, but those doesn't really look like inch dumbbell(no globes), probably just as hard to lift, but not what I'm looking for.

• Like 1

Scottish Borders Master blacksmith Stan Pike made Inches.

Maybe him site.

http://www.stanpike.com

Also - in Russia Inches.

http://www.силаруков.рф/silarukov_inch_dumbbell_78kg

But they painted blue paint - the effect on the grip - is not clear, this is not bare metal.

I think they should ask peel the paint off the handle.

2 hours ago, Sam Radford said:

Strength Shop currently have a sale on their 78kg dumbbell

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/78kg-circus-dumbbell.html

but shipping to Netherlands would be £90 or free within the UK

I don't believe that's a true Inch DB, as it looks like the handle is too long.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Royz said:

Tnx man. It's a bit rough looking, but seems like a good option.

It's the only place i've come across in the UK where you can buy a globe dumbbell that is similar to the Inch

16 minutes ago, odin said:

I don't believe that's a true Inch DB, as it looks like the handle is too long.

This video review by @Jared Goguen shows the differences which I believe you are correct @odin

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Scottish Borders Master blacksmith Stan Pike made Inches.

Maybe him site.

http://www.stanpike.com

Also - in Russia Inches.

http://www.силаруков.рф/silarukov_inch_dumbbell_78kg

But they painted blue paint - the effect on the grip - is not clear, this is not bare metal.

I think they should ask peel the paint off the handle.

The link to the russian site doesn't work. A blue inch dumbbell actually sounds very interesting!

14 hours ago, Sam Radford said:

It's the only place i've come across in the UK where you can buy a globe dumbbell that is similar to the Inch

This video review by @Jared Goguen shows the differences which I believe you are correct @odin

Tnx. Well that great review by @Jared Goguen tells me the strengthshop bell is out. Not going to spend 300 euro on a poor quality inch. :(

7 hours ago, Royz said:

The link to the russian site doesn't work. A blue inch dumbbell actually sounds very interesting!

In Google - силаруков инч

Somehow engine site grip-board blocks the site.

Edited by Kashtan

1 hour ago, Kashtan said:

In Google - силаруков инч

Somehow engine site grip-board blocks the site.

Tnx! I can see them now and they look great! However my russian is a bit rusty so I can't really see how much they cost.

Funny thing is on the english Silurakov website they don't seem to sell the inch dumbbells. http://mrstronghands.com/
I will send them an email I think.

28 minutes ago, Royz said:

Tnx! I can see them now and they look great! However my russian is a bit rusty so I can't really see how much they cost.

Funny thing is on the english Silurakov website they don't seem to sell the inch dumbbells. http://mrstronghands.com/
I will send them an email I think.

Silarukov makes them but he blatantly steals peoples ideas, designs, and gives zero credit to designer and has is products cheaply made in a country not known for craftsmanship. The grippers I tried out from them looked like a drunken toddler made them.

Personally I would never support someone that does stuff like that since he is doing more harm then good but he's out there.

Edited by Jared Goguen
  • Like 2

Best of luck finding a replica. Your correct I've quoted getting a bell over to Europe before and it doubles the price of a bell. 

On 8/24/2016 at 6:34 AM, Royz said:

Does anyone know if there is some place in Europe where they sell Inch dumbbell replica's?
The shipping costs from US to Europe just makes the price too astronomical for me...

They used to sell them at choiceofchampions.de, but not anymore.

At Watson gym they sell these, but those doesn't really look like inch dumbbell(no globes), probably just as hard to lift, but not what I'm looking for.

I can quote a shot loadable dumbbell that would be a whole lot cheaper to ship to you if you are interested. http://www.barrelstrengthsystems.com/products/big-shot

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

I can quote a shot loadable dumbbell that would be a whole lot cheaper to ship to you if you are interested. http://www.barrelstrengthsystems.com/products/big-shot

I've handle these and they are nice, top of the line for a shot loadable.

14 minutes ago, Sam Radford said:

Another UK site is Rebel Strength that seem to have them but not heard of them or bought from them.

That handle seems small.

6 minutes ago, Jared Goguen said:

That handle seems small.

It looks it ... but the site states they are 60mm and they manufacture 100kg dumbbells so unless it is a photo of the largest one?

1 hour ago, Jared Goguen said:

Silarukov makes them but he blatantly steals peoples ideas, designs, and gives zero credit to designer and has is products cheaply made in a country not known for craftsmanship. The grippers I tried out from them looked like a drunken toddler made them.

Personally I would never support someone that does stuff like that since he is doing more harm then good but he's out there.

My experience with them has been positive, I bought orbigrip, it's well made and quickly shipped.

• Like 1

I've also bought a bunch of grip stuff from silarukov and the quality is very good. 
The grippers I don't need. Got tettings, coc's and ghp's and that enough. 

large.SILARUKOV1.png.71a328f6e6ee8ff651b

2 hours ago, Squeezus said:

I think Roy wants a dumbbell that 'rotates' like an Inch replica. 

Edited by Grind
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jared Goguen said:

Unfortunately there isn't much choice when you live in Europe. The strengthshop inch dumbbells are crappy and the one from rebel strength is a circus dumbbell so that's not solid metal. And a shot loaded dumbbel isn't the same as a solid one either.

Also I don't think any of that stuff is patented so they are not breaking any laws. For instance, Lots of (american) companies making fatbar adapters (like fatgripz) too. Silukarov seems to be responding to a need for these kind of products in Europe that's all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Royz said:

Unfortunately there isn't much choice when you live in Europe. The strengthshop inch dumbbells are crappy and the one from rebel strength is a circus dumbbell so that's not solid metal. And a shot loaded dumbbel isn't the same as a solid one either.

Also I don't think any of that stuff is patented so they are not breaking any laws. For instance, Lots of (american) companies making fatbar adapters (like fatgripz) too. Silukarov seems to be responding to a need for these kind of products in Europe that's all.

I hear you. You can spend your money how you please but if I'm going to spend my money on something it will be with the original creators and not stolen knock off's.

Just cause something isn't patented and its legal to knock off doesn't make it right.

Go invent a great product that you start selling and get back to me about your feelings on this subject when your product is cheaply made in China or Russia.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Jose Cabrera said:

Isnt that a bit hypocritical considering you mad a ttk, i know youre not selling em, but its the same principal.

First off I had an Ironminds TTK, which is sorely lacking on many levels and I made myself a better one.

Also I have nothing against product improvements, I have a problem with someone stealing the ideas from the people in our sport who are the innovators and make that the bases for a company.

I don't want to derail this thread any more then it has, I was simply stating that those are knock off's and should be avoided in my opinion.

Based on the topic at hand here as far as Roy getting an Inch, I don't trust silarukov, the only products of his I have held were grippers which were poor, all his products are someone else's design, and I would not recommend him for an Inch style bell. 

• Like 1

There was a company that used to make them called Gladiator Power, but they seem to have disappeared.

Grind, did you buy those Silarukov items recently? I've tried registering an account to get shipping quotes but I never get an email for activation and no responses from the contact e-mails.

I've bought them about 5 months ago. Got fast responds. 

I've also made a pro handle (metric) so for me personally I don't need an Inch replica. 
If you can't find a Inch replica in europe you could always order the pro dumbbell from FBBC. 

• Like 1