Andrew P

Legends DVD

Legends DVD   22 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in purchasing a hard copy DVD of the event.

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

Rich and I are trying to get an idea on who would be interested in purchasing an edited DVD showcasing the happenings at Legends? This won't just be a video of the main stage but it would be edited with interviews and crowed commentary. The more interest means the more we can put into the production of the video. 

6 people like this

Need to get some extra shielding for the cameras.  When Jedd and Juha go head to head there may be some kind of cosmic explosion. 

4 people like this

Where does one get Adamantium armor plating?

2 people like this

im all for a DVD hopefully we can make this happen

1 person likes this

A few weeks ago I contacted Andrew about making a DVD of this event as it will be legendary in its own right.  

I work as a freelance TV camera operator, but I will be in Boston that weekend, otherwise I would be glad to shoot some video of the event myself for free.  

I do not mean any offense to the guys who lead the charge in getting competition videos out on youtube, but I went to film school, and the documentary format has always held a special place in my heart.  I feel the uniqueness of this event, and the idea behind it’s creation; combined with the fact that some of the biggest names out there will compete... it just cries out for something with a little more style then we are used to.  

I reached out to Andrew with this idea.  He is a super busy guy with his real job, family, FBBC, and the work that he has already put into making this event happen, so I told Andrew I would be happy to help him set something up to make sure the event is documented in a more substantial manner then just youtube videos.  Actually, both Andrew and I agreed that we would like to see a video that does not just “document” the event, but instead something that “highlights” the event.

I used the famous documentary from the 1970’s called Pumping Iron as a visual reference when talking with Andrew.  That is the movie with Arnold, before he was Arnold. 

This DVD we are talking about making on the Living Legends Contest, will not be anything as extensive as that movie was, but the idea is to cover not just the actual lifting, but a little bit of the behind the scenes stuff and have a few candid interviews with the Legends themselves as well as some of the people who attend the event.

I am not looking to make any money off helping see this DVD created, but I would like to see it cover the costs.  The more people who are interested in getting a copy, the higher quality the production could be.

3 people like this

Kickstarter? Lot more reliable to get the money up front.

Please go here to pre-order your copy of the Living Legends DVD.  Andrew has asked me to help him out, since his website is not cooperating.

http://dieselcrew.com/store/product/living-legends-of-grip-dvd/

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Please go here to pre-order your copy of the Living Legends DVD.  Andrew has asked me to help him out, since his website is not cooperating.

http://dieselcrew.com/store/product/living-legends-of-grip-dvd/

Ordered.  Nice of you to step up and help Jedd.

3 people like this

Thanks everyone involved in making and distributing these DVD's. Just ordered mine.

- Aaron

1 person likes this

Just ordered mine too. I am super pumped about this.

1 person likes this

DVD ordered . Thanks Rich and everyone involved for this !!!!!

Making sure everybody has seen this.  This contest was one of a kind.  Don't miss out on this.

Any discounts for purchasing 3 DVD's?

15 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Any discounts for purchasing 3 DVD's?

I am all for it, as long as Andrew and Rich do not mind. @Andrew P @richcottrell

Let me think about this idea of discounts and group orders...

but as an update on the project, I got the hard drive with the footage.   Was too busy to watch it yet but it's over 100GB so I am hopeful for some great footage 

Just ordered my copy! 

1 person likes this

This is a long overdue update on the Living Legends DVD project.

I would like to first apologize to the dozen or so people who preordered a copy of the DVD, as I have NOT had this thing edited yet.  

I do not want to get into excuses, so if your one of those original DVD preorders, I am sorry this has taken so long.  If you want [or need] your money back, please PM me, and I will make sure you have your money back ASAP -- either via paypalor via a personal check.

That said, I will see this DVD through completion.  I just ask for your continued patience and understanding.

The Living Legends was an incredible idea of Andrew Panke’s.  I am glad I was able to hire people to capture some higher quality video then we are used to covering this young sport of grip.

I have asked Jedd and Andrew to remove the links on their web pages for any more preorders.  I am truly appreciative for the people who were willing to shell out money before this thing was finished and I personally and publicly apologize to you for the delay. 

I also would like to apologize to Andrew and Jedd as well.

That said, I still have over 100GB of hi-def video that will eventually be polished off into a presentable DVD.  I just have not found the right editor who has been able to work with me either because of budget or because of schedule. 

There is no dramatic story here, as I still have the original hard drive with all the footage.  I just never connected with the right editor, nor was willing or able to spend enough money…

After talking with Andrew and Jedd, and re-watching some of the footage today,

I had decided that am going to shell out a little more money then I planned on for the editing in order to get this video finished.   I hope to have this finished in the coming months.

If you missed out on the preorder, you still will have a second chance to get a copy.  I am just unsure of the price. 

If you were one of the original DVD pre-orders, I do have a question for you:

Do you have any interest in a hi-def version of the video?

or is a standard DVD is all you ever had interest in?

In the approaching weeks I will start to give a projected time schedule for the editorial and burning of the DVDs.  

Once again, I apologize for all delays. I take full responsibility and while I appreciate your patience, I also encourage any of the early preorders to ask for a refund if you want one.  

I am still excited about the Living Legends Contest DVD and my only real regret was not being able to fly out there to be part of the actual contest in the first place.

2 people like this

Thanks for the update Rich.  No apologies necessary  thanks again for doin this. Personally i dont care about hi def.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Tank Andrade said:

...No apologies necessary  thanks again for doin this. Personally i dont care about hi def.

This.

I am still interested in buying 3. I would like Hi Def one.

I got to see a little footage the other night and it looks sweet. 

1 person likes this

our editor has finally been able to start editing.  Took a little bit to get her up to speed on the sport, but I think she enjoyed learning about our little sport of grip. 

I saw about a 4 min rough assembly of the into to the DVD.  I know that does not sound like much, but it is a start.

Royalty free stock music was purchased so we will not have any copyright issues down the road.

2 people like this

Thanks for the update, Rich

1 person likes this

I got to watch about 8 min of edited footage complete with graphics and music  this weekend.  For the most part It is just the introduction to the competition, but it looks like the DVD project is finally coming together.

While the footage was all shot in HD, only one person got back to me on making HD-DVD discs, so the plan will be for pressing only standard DVDs.  
That said, it looks like we might be putting a "special features" section on the disk as there are some cool things that we would like to include.  Think of that "extras" area as the "The Time Capsule".  It will be for pictures, videos and other post event material.  The footage of the special features might be lower quality then the actual Living Legends video, but the material will help paint a grander picture.  We can not include everything, but i have so nice ideas and have already gotten some participation commitments.

For the preorder group, I am sorry I can not give out a date yet for when you could expect your DVD copy, but now that our editor is getting up to speed with the sport and the footage, I hope the project starts to finally fall into place.   Things should move quicker now.

I will give another update in two weeks.
thank you for your patience
rich