Rolling uo frying pans

Tou

I just saw some grip feat of strength on the t.v. show Guiness world records. There was two guys who were given 30 seconds to roll up a common aluminium frying pan into the thinnest roll as possible. The winner rolled his pan at 23 centimeters of diameter. That guy, I don't remember his name, is now the world record holder at rolling frying pans because there were no previous record ! Rolling frying pans makes a very loud noise when it bends.

I would have like to see these guys against John Brookfield or Tom Black. They would have roll that frying pan very easyly under 20 centimeters.

Guiness world records are often not decerned to the persons they belong to. They give a world record to the first person able to perform an unusual feat.

if i'm not mistaken brookfield has performed this feat.  i'm almost positive i heard that somewhere.  i'm sure he would have waxed either of those guys.

In Ironmind's catalog, check the description of Mastery of hand strength (the masterpiece book by John Brookfield). It says : What else can you expect from a guy who can roll a frying pan with his bare hands ». This might be where you saw this.

John Brookfield is too strong in steel bending. Check the last couple of pages of Mastery of hand strength and read about the seven feats he performed in 25 seconds. It is simply UNBELIEVABLE.

come to think of it, that's probably where i heard it.  i don't have the book yet, but it's on my Christmas wishlist.  after hearing all you guys have said about it i can't wait to read it.

Several months ago I rolled up an old frying pan that I long before had quit using. Simply rolling it up is fairly easy. The hard parts are handle alignment and starting an ultra tight roll. My attempt had poor handle alignment and the initial roll was not very tight.

Tou, I think that you meant 23 cm in circumference as opposed to diameter. The pan initially has a 12-inch diameter.

We discussed this on the old gripboard.  I don't think it was ever established what type of frying pan they rolled up.   I remember one description was that the guy who started slower ended up with the tighter roll.  They must have been Aluminum pans.  If I knew exactly what they bent I would have a go at it, but like many other feats of strength the actual materials are a mystery.

• 5 weeks later...

Craig Pumphrey (of the motivational group Lucent) can be seen in a video rolling up a frying pan. A link to this video can be found here:http://www.geocities.com/lucentrocks/

BTW, it is interesting that another member of Lucent, Scott Fraze, holds the Guinness World Record for ripping 13 decks of playing cards in half in only 30 seconds.

Train smart!

Just yesterday I was going thru some videos

and came across the time Brookfield was on the

Regis & KL Show. He tore in half 60 decks of

cards in about 59 seconds. He tore each whole deck

as quickly as I would tear a single card!

Without checking, I think he has done slightly better

than this, from memory (uh-oh) 61 decks in 60 seconds.