NCGC II

Tom Scibelli

3 hours ago, anwnate said:

Hmmm.  Do you maybe have another gripper that Gil and I can use as a tiebreak?  Or are we doing reps? ;)

No, really. :)

No reps, just 4 attempts, you think you can go higher than 210?  I can already place an order with CPW for a #4!

9 minutes ago, Tom Scibelli said:

No reps, just 4 attempts, you think you can go higher than 210?  I can already place an order with CPW for a #4!

No need.  I can bring choked 212,216,220 CPWs.  Gil will probably need them.  Me?  Depends mostly on the day.  I have only rarely played with choked grippers. Better safe than sorry I suppose. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MRabich said:

What kind of numbers do you expect in a choker, compared to 20 mm set?

5-10 lbs higher

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

5-10 lbs higher

Historically my choked numbers have been much higher than that.  Pretty sure @climber511 noticed this too.

• Like 3

Yea I'm pretty sure I'm coming too and would also love a shirt - I'm pretty sure my buddy mikes coming too and would also take a shirt - so 2 shirt - or I will take his shirt too - either way 2 shirts please

On 7/21/2016 at 0:04 PM, anwnate said:

Historically my choked numbers have been much higher than that.  Pretty sure @climber511 noticed this too.

I have a 40# difference between block set and choker.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I have a 40# difference between block set and choker.

wow wish i could say the same not much difference here, then again i have the crush strength of a small child haha guess im a good "setter". great:blink

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank Andrade said:

wow wish i could say the same not much difference here, then again i have the crush strength of a small child haha guess im a good "setter". great:blink

I have the world's worst "set".  But all along I thought it was about crushing "strength" - not setting technique. 

• Like 3

Think I might be good for some 150-170s not huge for a 120kg+ guy but I think I could do it.

1 hour ago, Tank Andrade said:

I'm definitely on big jump end.  Chris...I liken it to pulling a tablecloth out from under a set table.  

• Like 2

On 7/19/2016 at 10:52 PM, anwnate said:

Love the design!  I'm in. :)

On 7/23/2016 at 7:53 AM, Tank Andrade said:

Totally missed those shirts my crew would def take 4

On 7/23/2016 at 1:02 PM, Anton.Torrella said:

Yea I'm pretty sure I'm coming too and would also love a shirt - I'm pretty sure my buddy mikes coming too and would also take a shirt - so 2 shirt - or I will take his shirt too - either way 2 shirts please

Alright guys, I got a tee shirts set up here's the link to order: https://teespring.com/ncgc-ii#pid=2&cid=2122&sid=front

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:04 AM, anwnate said:

56lbs.  This is the highest difference I have personally seen between 20mm block set and choked to parallel.  It is my brother-in-law Tim.  He doesn't train grippers, so that makes a big difference, but he was not exactly new to them either when I tested him about 5 years ago.  Tim closed my 81lb #1 with a 20mm block and after a good rest, he closed my easiest #3 - 137lbs - that was choked to parallel.  His best TNS close (84lbs) was slightly higher than the 20mm block set close.  He lost strength quickly on fiddling with the block. 

He is one of those guys (in all strength tests) that tests poorly on "slow strength" and is way more suited to a very short maximal effort test.  This carried over even to grip tests with him.  His grip strength is pretty high, but his ability to sustain a near-maximal effort is very low.  I have seen him pull 215lbs on the 2" vbar on his first attempt - about an inch off the floor and then it slips out of his hand.  Multiple times in a row.  Same with 20lbs less.  I had to take almost 45lbs off the bar for him (even with adequate rest periods) for him to get a contest-legal lift.  He also got about the same movement on 306lbs on the 1" vbar about 10 years ago when he tried it after seeing it sitting in my garage loaded up to that weight.  I was lazy for a while and just left that weight on there when I was pulling high 300lbs and low 400lbs on occasion. 

• Like 1

Not going to make it. Logistics are bad for me and I have surgery 3 weeks earlier so I am not sure on recovery. Good luck everyone!

37 minutes ago, MRabich said:

I'm coming.  Who else?

Off the top of my head it's 18-20.

Feel like I am forgetting some peeps though.

Brous

Cabrera

Phillips

Clarino

Torrella

Rabich

Andrade, Tank

Andrade, Ace

Amber

Smitley

Scibelli, Tom

Scibelli,  Andrew

Scibelli, Jacob

Chakir

Goodman

Bascetta

Livesey

Kapusta

Henze?

Gougen?

• Like 3

Here's the sign up list so far:

7/1/2016 21:26:09 Tom Scibelli 105kg
7/1/2016 21:39:17 Brous 120kg
7/1/2016 23:13:53 Chris Andrade 93kg
7/1/2016 23:23:26 Amber Edwards 59kg
7/1/2016 23:24:42 Anthony Andrade 59kg
7/20/2016 13:54:26 Gil Goodman 105kg
7/20/2016 14:18:51 Maria Bascetta 66kg
7/28/2016 10:25:33 Michael Rabich 93kg

Plus my two boys, Jacob and Andrew.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MRabich said:

Attendance has a chance to surpass SJ3, Queens body count should be 5.

Ha!  Body count.  Love it.  Hmmmm...5???  Is Clarino in Queens?  Wait...Schoeck's coming?

I have to bow out, my down stairs AC unit is on the fritz.  I was hoping it would last until after the contest but, alas it gave up.

19 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Ha!  Body count.  Love it.  Hmmmm...5???  Is Clarino in Queens?  Wait...Schoeck's coming?

Yah I live in Queens.

I think he meant him, Anton, Mike, me and Jose.

• Like 3

Just now, Anthony C. said:

Yah I live in Queens.

I think he meant him, Anton, Mike, me and Jose.

Gotcha.  Hell of a group representing! 

• Like 2

Mighty Queens County! You notice how comp attendance from Brooklyn just totally trailed off in the last few years...weird