Wannagrip

• Like 5

Paul Markowski

Unreal...wrists of steel!!

• Like 1

Fist of Fury
4 hours ago, Paul Markowski said:

Unreal...wrists of steel!!

Yes you need very strong wrist and fingers for this. It's a great exercise, has lots of carryover to other grip stuff. If you think this is unreal you should check out Adam Glass he has curled a 20 kg plate!

• Like 1

WestSlope

So THAT'S what my 35lb plates are supposed to be used for.

Kluv#0
4 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yes you need very strong wrist and fingers for this. It's a great exercise, has lots of carryover to other grip stuff. If you think this is unreal you should check out Adam Glass he has curled a 20 kg plate!

You are right on about Adam Glass- he is/was the king of plate curls. He mentioned that wrist curling a 45lb plate was the hardest thing he ever had done in grip sport.

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

jvance

As far i know i dont think anyone has held 45s out parallel to the floor with a straight wrist. Does anyone know of this feat being done? As in a timehold....

Edited by jvance

Paul Markowski
13 minutes ago, jvance said:

As far i know i dont think anyone has held 45s out parallel to the floor with a straight wrist. Does anyone know of this feat being done? As in a timehold....

Not me....unbelievable!!

Florian Kellersmann

Nathan Holle did very good plate curls: 

• Like 1

Tommy J.
Posted (edited)
On 11/27/2016 at 8:45 AM, Kluv#0 said:

You are right on about Adam Glass- he is/was the king of plate curls. He mentioned that wrist curling a 45lb plate was the hardest thing he ever had done in grip sport.

He told me the same thing.

and i agree. Even after watching Holle’s vid of plate curling a 20k plate, Adam was more dominating with his curls. 

For anyone who hasnt seen it, Adam has a vid where he does multiple 45lb plate curls (heavier than 20k!) with various style plates, one after the other.

imo, it is the greatest feat of wrist strength to ever happen in grip. Not even the top world level arm wrestlers can curl plates like Adam did.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 2

Tommy J.
On 11/27/2016 at 9:15 AM, jvance said:

Dont know about a timed hold, but Adam does stall a bit at parallel with one of these plate curls and his wrist doesnt droop. Start vid at 1:00