Slim "Hammer Man" Farman

Bill Piche

Sick.

@3CrusherIt was posted on the old GripBoard gallery and is still there I believe. Someone had to have sent it to me back then. Maybe you!?  It was so long ago. I just found a whole folder of old videos on my hard drive.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This is the 2002 AOBS dinner, I remember it like it was yesterday.  You can see Vic Boff in the footage, it may have been one of his last public appearances.  It probably was 3crusher, because Tom Black was taking normal photos of this performance.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2016 at 6:13 PM, RiotGrip said:

This is the 2002 AOBS dinner, I remember it like it was yesterday.  You can see Vic Boff in the footage, it may have been one of his last public appearances.  It probably was 3crusher, because Tom Black was taking normal photos of this performance.

I was not there, but that is correct. It was the same year as Mark Henry's Inch Clean & Press, and some footage of Slim and Henry was on the Internet. First time I ever heard of Slim. I think Vic passed away before the end of the year, but for certain it was his last AOBS dinner. 

John Hicks had taken the Henry footage, was this his as well? Sybersnott, RIP.

Edited by Hubgeezer

On 9/1/2016 at 5:04 PM, Hubgeezer said:

I was not there, but that is correct. It was the same year as Mark Henry's Inch Clean & Press, and some footage of Slim and Henry was on the Internet. First time I ever heard of Slim. I think Vic passed away before the end of the year, but for certain it was his last AOBS dinner. 

John Hicks had taken the Henry footage, was this his as well? Sybersnott, RIP.

:ohmy@#%&!:cry

I did not realize John had died until just now.  Very sad to hear.  I actually sat next to him at the 2002 AOBS dinner, it was the only time I ever met him in person.  Very sad to hear.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How hard is this actually . Cause I was in a tractor supply other day and grab a 10lb sledge and pick it up like this and it felt like nothin? To pick it up like this 

16 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

How hard is this actually . Cause I was in a tractor supply other day and grab a 10lb sledge and pick it up like this and it felt like nothin? To pick it up like this 

Roger - if you do the math you'll see how quickly the resistance ramps up when on the end of a long lever (handle).  Grab a 20# sledge and report back - then try one in each hand out to the sides like this.  If you do 20 per hand with arms level to the floor and straight - you are one very strong fellow!  But still not even close to Slim :)

I didn't say I was on his level I just seen he said they were 12lbs hammers

Well got a 16lb hammer and lifted it like this both hands pretty sure can get 20lb good work out on the wrists 

31 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

Well got a 16lb hammer and lifted it like this both hands pretty sure can get 20lb good work out on the wrists 

Can you post a picture of what you mean by both hands...

I assume your not saying doing it with both hands at the same time... But wanted to make sure

Yeah lifted with each hand by it self. I'll have to wait till get home so have some one to take pic . By self at work ATM 

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2016 at 11:49 PM, Roger Roberson said:

Yeah lifted with each hand by it self. I'll have to wait till get home so have some one to take pic . By self at work ATM 

Wow you sure seem to be strong to do 20LB hammer in each hand! A video would be appreciated to see what you are doing! Make sure to hold the handle by the end.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Wow you sure seem to be strong to do 20LB hammer in each hand! A video would be appreciated to see what you are doing! Make sure to hold the handle by the end.

I'll see if I can make it happen been busy lately .

On 12/26/2016 at 7:38 AM, Alawadhi said:

well i miss calculated on the little weights i taped to the hammer it only came in at 16.4lb but still had a good bit in the tank . will try make sure its 20 next week if find the time anyhow here's the lift.only have one hammer atm but can do it in each hand .

• Like 7

You ever get a chance - you should try the Weaver Stick lift - you'd do well I think..  Both front and back contested.

• Like 2

@Roger Roberson Nice dude! Show us more of these videos. You have a thick forearm too.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 5:22 AM, Alawadhi said:

@Roger Roberson Nice dude! Show us more of these videos. You have a thick forearm too.

Heres the 20.4lb hammer lift not a pretty lift felt like my wrist was going to break in half wasnt sure was healed completely from yesterdays ttk workout.

IMG_0625.JPG

• Like 4

You have pretty strong wrists man.The handles are also long. Ever done DU bend? Maybe you can bend a red DU. Train your wrist man as it is already steel.

• Like 2