4th Annual International King Kong Grip Challenge - October 29th, 2016

Eric Roussin

It's a state of mind...

Considering competing in this year's king kong... Probably, I should start training again...

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know when venues will be announced? This will be my first time competing so am not sure how everything works.

The individual locations will announce the details of the locations. 

Will they announce it on the forum here or do I need to contact the organiser of the leg I am going to attend directly?

• 4 weeks later...

New location:  Parkton, MD - Maizels Training Hall - Patrick Maizels

• Like 1

On 6/7/2016 at 0:21 AM, Evan Raftopoulos said:

i'm planning on hosting King Kong in the Bay Area, CA. So far from the Bay Area a few arm wrestlers told me they will come and some ninja warriors are interested. I just need to plan specifics before making this official. If anyone is planning on travelling here to compete let me know. So far two people have contacted me that are interested in doing that. Before making any plans though let me make sure that this can work out. I have all the implements, I just need to find some space because my place is too small and I also need to find more weights. I have all the implements. 

Keep us posted on this. My son's significant other and I both would like to compete. She just started doing grip and is intrigued by it. I am 100 miles South of SF.

• Like 1

New location: San Francisco area - Contact Evan Raftopoulos for details

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys could shoot me a complete list of the promoters, I will add them to the GripSport.org website.  Thanks!

On 8/20/2016 at 6:31 PM, Eric Roussin said:

New location: San Francisco area - Contact Evan Raftopoulos for details

yes this is happening, so far it's about 5 of us. Waiting for final confirmation from diablo rock gym.

I will make a new thread and post more details once we get the place locked in. 

If for some reason we can't host it there I will rent some space in SF somewhere or if it's a nice day we can have it outdoors.

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

Yes I'll have a design selected this week. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2016 at 10:13 PM, Eric Roussin said:

New location:  Parkton, MD - Maizels Training Hall - Patrick Maizels

Could this please be added to the list of venues at the top of this thread? Thanks!

• Like 1

ANNOUNCEMENT:

After some discussion among the IGC, a slight change has been made to the one-hand pinch rules. The rules now state the following: "The loading bar can and no doubt will hit your leg at some point, this is fine. But the lifter must not start with the loading bar touching the leg, and the loading bar can only contact the leg after the device has left the ground." This new wording is already up on David Horne's World of Grip site (http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/bhsarules.html) and the updated rules will be in effect for this year's King Kong contest.

• Like 3

On 4/27/2016 at 1:58 PM, Evan Raftopoulos said:

I'm gonna ask Daniel if he is interested in hosting one in the Bay Area. If not I might do it in SF if I find people interested in it. If it's just me and if you end up hosting a location in Portland I 'll try to come! 

I will really try to go to this.  Been wanting to for a while and I"m back at gripping again.  I travel to the Bay Area and San Fran at times.

On 9/4/2016 at 0:40 PM, Evan Raftopoulos said:

yes this is happening, so far it's about 5 of us. Waiting for final confirmation from diablo rock gym.

I will make a new thread and post more details once we get the place locked in. 

If for some reason we can't host it there I will rent some space in SF somewhere or if it's a nice day we can have it outdoors.

Excellent!  

• Like 1

On 9/20/2016 at 6:28 PM, Blackdog said:

Excellent!  

hope you can make it, I started a new thread for the bay area /ca competitors 

• Like 1

To make things even more interesting, we’ll also be keeping score to determine King Kong’s Top Venue. Points will be earned in the following manner:

• 1 point per entry, plus additional points for top 5 performances in each King Kong weight class (based on overall placing in the four combined events):
  • 5 bonus points for every 1st place finish
  • 4 bonus points for every 2nd place finish
  • 3 bonus points for every 3rd place finish
  • 2 bonus points for every 4th place finish
  • 1 bonus point for every 5th place finish

This will just be for bragging rights, but hopefully it will create somewhat of a team atmosphere and encourage participation.

There are 13 venues – which one will be this year’s Top Venue?

• Like 2

And here's a little tip: venues with female and lighter weight competitors should have an advantage for the Top Venue title, as these classes usually feature fewer competitors.

• Like 1

29 October as part of Ukrainian stage of "International King Kong Grip Challenge" will be held tournament in the exercise 'Silver Bullet Hold'. Grippers which will use the competitors - CoC-3.5 for men and CoC-2 for women. Winners will receive a cash prize of 1.500uah.

sb-monsters11.jpg

• Like 3

By when should all the details for the individual venues be up? Nothing for the Italian leg has come up yet and it would be nice to start planning the trip.

I've been having a bit of trouble connecting with Aldo Alberico (the promoter). It will be up to him to post the details for the Italy venue. If you're on Facebook, I suggest trying to contact him directly.

13 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

I've been having a bit of trouble connecting with Aldo Alberico (the promoter). It will be up to him to post the details for the Italy venue. If you're on Facebook, I suggest trying to contact him directly.

Thanks Eric. I am not but my wife is so I should be able to get in touch.