Brentwood, TN – Gil Goodman

Finland – Juha Harju

Finland – Jouni Mähönen

Ukraine – Ivan Pupchenko

Russia – Ivan Beritashvili

Italy – Aldo Alberico

Mindoro, WI - Allen Heineck

London, England - Rob Blair

Anyone else interested in hosting a venue, please send me a PM or contact me by email at eroussin@rogers.com for more information.

Further details to come…

• Like 11

New Promoter: Allen Heineck - Mindoro, WI

• Like 2

Any westcoasters thinking about going? or interested attending a location in the western us?

On 4/6/2016 at 10:41 AM, Eric Roussin said:

New Promoter: Allen Heineck - Mindoro, WI

I'm sad Allen won't be making the trek down to Nashville again. It was great meeting him last year. I'm sure he will put on a great competition.

• Like 1

Jared - I'd be interested in something out West.  If it were within driving distance of UT, may be able to get a couple additional people.

34 minutes ago, Bryan Hunsaker said:

Jared - I'd be interested in something out West.  If it were within driving distance of UT, may be able to get a couple additional people.

Right now im just kicking around the idea of host a location on the west coast in Portland, OR since there's nothing out here.

• Like 1

Yeah, definitely interested in Portland.  Let me know what you hear...

3 hours ago, Jared Goguen said:

Right now im just kicking around the idea of host a location on the west coast in Portland, OR since there's nothing out here.

Do it!

• Like 1

Eric,

I will verify from Chez and he told me he would help me in holding our KK challenge meet in Mahopac, NY like we planned last year before Chez's injury. I will confirm soon, thank you.. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hope training is going well, And it will be cool to see who gets added to the list. 

King Kong Champs 2015.PNG

• Like 2

On 4/7/2016 at 0:30 PM, Jared Goguen said:

Any westcoasters thinking about going? or interested attending a location in the western us?

I'm gonna ask Daniel if he is interested in hosting one in the Bay Area. If not I might do it in SF if I find people interested in it. If it's just me and if you end up hosting a location in Portland I 'll try to come! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Evan Raftopoulos said:

I'm gonna ask Daniel if he is interested in hosting one in the Bay Area. If not I might do it in SF if I find people interested in it. If it's just me and if you end up hosting a location in Portland I 'll try to come! 

I would love to take a trip to SF.

• Like 3

I think a California location would be great.

• Like 1

My heart is set on Gripmas lol not sure I can swing for another trip to my new favorite hangout in TN and a trip to Ohio. damn...adulting sucks

• 2 weeks later...

So no Portland meet?

Also if someone doesn't have a crusher which implement would carry over the best? Wrist wrench, thick db or old style rolling thunder?

Also I thought so many bicep tears with the vbar pushed the comp towards another lift? I could be way off base here for sure.

Edited by JamesG

3 hours ago, JamesG said:

So no Portland meet?

I haven't decided yet if I will be hosting a location or not yet. Ill now more in the coming weeks or month.

With the contest still being more than five and a half months away, there is still plenty of time for other promoters to jump in.

@Eric Roussin - If you need any changes made to the first post, please PM me, especially regarding new promoters. Thanks.

On 5/9/2016 at 8:50 PM, JamesG said:

Also if someone doesn't have a crusher which implement would carry over the best? Wrist wrench, thick db or old style rolling thunder?

I've read that you can use WW, the thick DB and RT and be fine. I could of misread but I think you should be alright

11 minutes ago, KapMan said:

I've read that you can use WW, the thick DB and RT and be fine. I could of misread but I think you should be alright

Just to clarify, the Crusher has to be used in the comp.  In my opinion, if you don't have one, I'd go with WW, as the action won't change, like an RT, which they seem to have a bad habit of gumming up.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sam Radford said:

Are there any UK promoters? 

Not that we have yet but I'm more than happy to work with someone to get one together. 

• Like 2